Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Turns out after further discussion, the swimming thing is completely optional. Hurrah! Definitely going now :confused:

Hello there fellow singles!!

Chrispy, didn't meet or SEE any single men on the cruise.. There were a whole bunch of families, it seemed like all the guys were partnered up. That's OK, it gave me the opportunity to get to know the rest of our group real well.

There were so many fun activities, the shows were great, and of course the food was awesome. For the past 9 mo or so I've been at a really good restriction level, the food was so great that I felt so bad that I could only finish 1/4 of it! But, you can bet I saved room for dessert (or two)!

Derbygirl, are you staying dry? Horrible weather in your part of TX, I hope you're safe and

JC, I'm working on getting more pictures reduced and posted. I HIGHLY recommend cruising, it's so much fun. Being in FL there are probably a few ports you have access to (within a few hours drive). We did 7 nights/8 days for a per person cabin rate of $659. WAY cheaper than a 7 night hotel stay, airfare to Mexico, daily meals, activities. AND, we visited 4 ports.. I feel I got a lot of bang for my buck on this trip.

I loved your list of things you want to do, although my arms are aching just thinking of all the kayaking you're planning!! whew!

Denise, sounds like you're making lots of friends on POF. It's great that you're out there meeting new people, and it's encouraging to know that other women are seeking friendship - sounds like a cool support group of it's own. Keep us posted on the prospects.

Where's Joan? Did she say she had a new puppy that was keeping her busy? Surely, you can spare a minute to check in with your friends?

HELLO to all my other new friends on this singles thread!! Is it just me, or all we all living vicariously through Chrispy?!! She's got that date calendar full :mad: how did it go Wednesday night?

Hope you all have a great weekend,

Karla

karla, I am glad you came here and told us about the cruise. I wondered how everyone managed to eat. My daughter just got back from a cruise and she said they spent an awful lot of time eating.

It would be hard for me with airfare. I wish they would cruise out of LA. That's much closer for me. I definitely want to try a cruise.

Yes, I have made a nice friend on POF. She's a really nice lady almost the same age as me. She is tiny though so she has guys contacting her all the time. I don't seem to have much success with the band. My weight loss has stalled again.

Denise.... sorry, I forgot to mention Jenna's looking into maybe organizing a short cruise - possibly 4 night/5 day cruise out of LA on Royal Caribbean in early December. open to all family members, friends, anyone who wants to come with.

So, start saving those pesos!! My vacation time is pretty much obsolete, so I probably won't be able to go again until spring break 2008 - or, in June when school is out. I'd like to take my son the next time, they have such a good kids program I know he would love it.

'course, I still have sick time... maybe I have options (Shhhh! don't tell) :mad:

Karla

Ok friends, here's a link to more pictures posted on the cruise thread http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/cruise-2007-what-happened-37071/index2.html#post503613

Derbygirl, sorry you never heard about the cruise... Jenna started planning it in July 2006 and late as April this year we were posting notices that we still needed a roomie for person who dropped out. We'll make sure to announce it in each forum next time.

All the best,

Karla

I love the cruise thing that you guys just did! What a great idea. After reading that there were mostly families.......how about a cruise next year BUT a singles CRUISE!!! They port out of Florida mostly, unless, they have changed that. That way we can all mingle with our new selves!!

Ashley

Hey everyone! I'd love a cruise, or any kind of vacation actually. I'm a vacation junkie! I'm heading to Disney in Sept with a girlfriend and then next winter we're planning a trip to a tropical island. It will probably be me and all my married friends but hey - I'm not staying home just cuz I'm single! lol

Wednesday night was great Karla, thanks for asking. He's a sweet guy, and a great friend. Our timing has not really been good, but I do like him. I think we're going to go to the drive-in sometime soon. That should be fun. I'm not sure I'm really ready to have a more serious relationship right now (I have a good friend who is very ill), but I don't want to sit at home either.

Hey I PM'd Alysa last week to check in on her, and there were some complications with her dad. She told me it was ok to mention it and that she still checks in on this thread but hasn't felt much like posting. I just wanted you all to know that she's in extra need of our thoughts and prayers these days. We're here for you when you're ready to come back Alysa! xoxo

Karla, I checked out new pics, it looked like you guys had fun. Looks like you inspired others to post what they had as well.

btw Your arms would adjust quickly after the first 20 or 30 miles! lol

also,There is no doubt Chrispy is blazing a trail!

Ashley, I think you might be on to something there. Sounds like fun.

Hey Chrispy have you been to Disney before?

Well I hope everyone is well. I tried to do a big Sunday afternoon bike ride today. Only made it 18 miles round trip. I need to have my head examined. I should have turned around after about 5 miles because of one big bad thunderstorm! I posted pics on photobucket under album GreenSwamp Van Fleet.

str8jacket29 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

JC

JC, yes I have been to Disney before. This will be my 5th trip actually. I'm looking forward to going with my girlfriend, since we like to do the same things - like shop. lol. Do you live near there? There are actually going to be 2 or 3 other bandsters there the same week actually, and we're planning on meeting up one day if you're nearby. :)

JC, love the pics of your afternoon ride. Cool bike, beats the teeny-tiny/hard seat my 10-speed used to have!

Do ya think that turtle found a hidden treasure? That's "X marks the spot" if I ever saw it!

Why did the turtle cross the road? So he wouldn't have to play the chicken game with JC?! or, maybe he was afraid you were looking to add some turtle Protein to your diet?

Cool wildlife, un-congested trail... looks like you had a nice day!

Karla

Thanks Karla, I'll tell ya what, I was getting ready to crawl under that darn X with the lightning banging all around the place. I almost stayed out there too long! I thought that buzzard circling overhead was going to get a fried JC treat.

I would sure like to know what the heck shredded that tree.

Alot of stuff didn't show-up like the turkey racing me down the road!

All-in-all it was a good ride.

JC

Crispy--I am a major VACAY JUNKIE!! However, trips are on hold for a little while due to surg on Aug. 7th. What is next on your list after Disney?

How long did you guys feel icky after banded?

Where does everyone live?

Ashley

Hey everybody! Jenna (princess_n_thep) is looking into who might be interested in a 4 night Baja cruise leaving December 3rd out of LA.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f7/winter-cruise-anyone-37410/

It's for anyone interested, if you'll be traveling alone she'll probably be able to get you a roommate.

On the last cruise our group had 9 cabins... 4 were husband/wife, the other 5 were sets of bandsters paired together. Just happened that no one brought their kids, but the cruise lines do a great job of organizing kids activities.

Chrispy... KUDOS to you for the original thought of this awesome thread.. we're nearing 800 posts. It's nice to keep in touch.

Ashley, I'm in Houston TX.... Where do you live? Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

Karla