Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Hello to all:

I found this thread by accident and I'm glad I did. I'm a newly banded (4 weeks) single girl. I think having this thread is great and I felt an affinity with all of you especially when I saw some of you like to cruise. :eek:

I am a big cruiser and wished I had found this thread prior to booking my cruise in December 07. I would have loved to join you on the one you are organizing...oh well next time.

I am 47 years old - never married (allergic) and live in Toronto, Canada.

Looking forward to communicating with all of you.

I never felt icky. I was out walking 3 dogs the day after surgery.

I live in Oregon.

I love this thread. Everyone is so friendly, and it's nice to have things in common with other single people.

Hey JC, no formal plans yet but I'll let you know as soon as we pick a day. :P

Thanks Karla! I thought it would be great to discuss some of the challenges we have dating while banded, but I guess if we were dating more we wouldn't have time to post here. lol. Just look at Kristi - she got tattoo boy and has been MIA. Girl, how you doing? lol

Ashley I'm from just outside Boston, and I was out of commission for about a week after my band. I admire Denise bouncing back the way she did.

Bummed I think my next vacation after Disney will be in the winter. Not sure where, but any all inclusive tropical island resort will work!

So....within the past couple of days I've decided to take a "break" from dating since I have a lot going on in my personal life right now with an ill friend. And now the men are crawling out of the woodwork! I just can't win. lol

JC--I think that your trips with the whales sound great! I am a diver but rarely go anymore. How long have you been kayaking and diving? My boss is from Puerto Rico and says it is really pretty!!

Another Me--I am in Dallas! Thanks, I am really excited about the surgery but am really nervous about being a slow loser...

Jenna's Cruise--I am a teacher and getting to a cruise for a weekend out of LA would be difficult for me in December.

What ideas are floating in minds out there?

Bummed I have been called a fish out of Water all my life. When I was a kid if I had to do a book report for school it would revolve around sea life.

I started scuba diving as a young adult. I have been paddling boats and things I converted to boats like orange picking bins etc. forever, but just started kayaking last year. I am hooked it is so much better than a canoe and almost as fun as a orange picking bin.

I have found that Washington state is a more affordable whale seeing trip than Alaska. I may start there and work my way up.

I can't wait to see that bio-luminescent bay. They say the light is bright enough to read a book by.

JC

Hi again everyone! I've been MIA a few days...dealing with what I believe is a gall bladder problem. NOT FUN. Sounds like you all are doing great.

The floods here in TX have been bad. Would you believe it's still raining?? Practically UNHEARD of for this time of year in Texas. Fortunately, the Water near my house has receded.

Karla, thanks for the heads up on the next cruise! :clap2:

I know Derby!! Crazy,crazy rain!! I can't believe everything is green. It is nice to see green!! I hope you are feeling better!

JC-- That link that you had for Puerto Rico looks Awesome!! Yes, I used to be a fish too. However, not so much lately. I am sure I will turn back once the weight starts to disappear. Hopefully.......

We have whale watching here. They migrate every spring and fall from Alaska to Mexico and back. It's pretty cool.

I am so disgusted with my body. It doesn't seem to matter that I can barely eat. I am still not losing :cool:

Denise, I'm far from an expert at this, but I have heard that sometimes eating more calories helps. You should try it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

All right I set the bar high this week! 50 mile Bike ride on the Wthlacoochee trail, then went straight to the track and alternated walking a lap then jogging a lap 1/4 mile laps @ 2 miles walked 4 jogged 4! It is 3:35pm I just got home. I have already turned my Air conditioner down to artic freeze. I am going to take a shower and pass out! Someone please call a psychiatrist for me please!

JC

Denise, I am sorry to hear that weight loss has stalled. When was your last fill?

What are the peak months for whale watching in your area? I have been trying to research on the web but most info comes from guided tours. Believe it or not when it comes to outdoor activities, i'm sometimes a little over the top for those structured tourist type of events.

JC

Ok suddenly my 40 minute bike ride seems to be no big deal.... lol

Ok folks, so ever since I decided to "not date" I've had guys crawling out of the woodwork. I'm not kidding you. There are actually a couple I'm interested in, so I guess I'll pull myself out of my retirement which I think lasted all of, ummm....3 days. lol. I wonder how boy-crazy I'll be when I reach goal. Hopefully someone scoops me up before then or my friends my have to do an intervention. lol

Chrispy, 40 minutes is a good ride! I think I may be insane.LOL

It will probably take me 40 minutes to stand up next time I try!

You seem to be on fire up there! Congrats on the attention you are getting.

Paisley, and everyone else Happy 4th!!

JC