Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Jc I am so glad you feel welcome here. We love having you here, that's for sure! I am trying to figure out which thread you felt unwelcome in. I have actually never seen you post anywhere else. I mainly post in the slow losers thread, and the over 50's thread. Then I check new posts and decide if I have anything to say. I get really tired of reading the ones that were just banded that don't want to follow their doctor's rules and eat before they are supposed to.

Chrispy, I think that the new guy you have seen 3 times is going to end up being a nice relationship. I really hope so! You should really feel good about yourself that so many people are paying attention!

Indigo Girl, I want details on that date!! How did you meet him, and how did it go?!

I have been enjoying plenty of fish. I have been getting a lot of messages with other single women. That's okay with me. I need to get to know more single people. I am going to have lunch with one of them tomorrow.

They are planning a get together the first weekend in August for Oregon

Plent of fish singles that want to go. It really sounds like fun.

Well that's all that's new with me!

Denise I'm sorry I wasn't clear the threads I don't really feel welcome on are on other forums.

I do try to help on some of the excercise threads on this forum. They have been a little slow to warm up but they are getting there. I think it speaks more about how awesome all of you are than anything else. ;-)

JC

Sunday morning weigh-in. I adopted a policy early on to have an "official" weigh-in on Sunday morning. I list this as my weight for everyday of that week. I found this gives me incentive to behave Friday and Saturday historically my worst two days of the week.

This is my first Sunday since refill (last Tuesday) I down to 230 yee haw

I sincerly apologize if that yee haw was offensive to my northern friends (couldn't help myself).

Back to 15 lbs to GOALLLL!!!!!!!!!! I am going to jump on the Withlacoochee trail and try to burn off a few more.

Hope Everyone is well, JC

JC, I just looked at your photo album while I was in another thread. I don't know where you were kayaking, but they were beautiful pics. Congrats on your success.

Way to go JC!!!!!!

So lets review my dating options/possibilities right now:

1. Ex boyfriend who has started emailing/texting me again.

2. Stalker who now won't talk to me because I want to know who he is.

3. Hot guy who wants to just get laid and send me dirty pictures.

4. Very nice IT guy who I've gone out with 3 times, but haven't heard from all week. grrrr...

5. 26 year old divorcee on Match who is convinced that I'll be interested in him because he has a trust fund coming his way.

And we wonder why I'm single!!!!! lol

Chrispy, I'm new here, but your post just cracks me up. Sounds like you're really on a roll.

I am liking this thread. I feel at home here.

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a few days, and you all seem like a nice, fun group so I've decided to say hello. I'm not banded yet, but I am in process and waiting for insurance approval. Hoping for a date in August.

Hope you don't mind me joining the fun!:biggrin1:

Welcome Paisley! Of course you can join in on the fun! The more the merrier!!!

Thanks Derby! I figure at the very least I need to have a sense of humor about my current dating pool. I'm glad you like it here. :)

So how about everyone else. Am I the only one who's having dates (albeit not the best ones lol)?

Welcome Paisley! Of course you can join in on the fun! The more the merrier!!!

Thanks Derby! I figure at the very least I need to have a sense of humor about my current dating pool. I'm glad you like it here. :)

So how about everyone else. Am I the only one who's having dates (albeit not the best ones lol)?

I have been single for over 2 1/2 years, and don't remember the last 'date' I had, so I'm definitely not going to be givin any tales of woe on my dating life. But I love hearing you guys, and living vicariously through you guys...

The sad part is, I'm 23, I should be out like crazy. But all my friends are married, and then there's me...

Im hoping things will change after my surgery.

~*Ash*~

Thanks Derbygirl, I was on the Chassahowitzka River Florida's west coast in Citrus county. I added a few new pics that better represent what I look like today.

Thanks Chrispy. Also, no dates here :-(

Hi Paisley and welcome.

Hi Ash, I am sure things will start changing for you!

JC

Thanks Derbygirl, I was on the Chassahowitzka River Florida's west coast in Citrus county. I added a few new pics that better represent what I look like today.

Thanks Chrispy. Also, no dates here :-(

Hi Paisley and welcome.

Hi Ash, I am sure things will start changing for you!

JC

I really hope so. My life is work, and school, and that's rather depressing for someone my age. Well anyone for that matter.

I don't know what I'm more ready for, getting out of school, or losing weight. I have no idea what being thinner would even remotely feel like...

~*Ash*~

JC I don't know why you're not dating. You're a good looking guy with a lot to offer. Get out there! lol

Ash, oh to be 23 again. lol. My friends all married young too, so I know it can be tough. Don't fret, I have a feeling that once your confidence starts to increase, so will your dates. :)

The weird part? I'm OVERLY confident. (At least on the surface) I exude much more confidence than most skinny girls I know.

I've actually been complimented before from guys on how they like the way I carry myself.

I don't know what it is...

~*Ash*~

JC, you look amazing! I'll bet you have all the girls after you now. ;)

Ash, if confidence isn't the problem, what do you think it is?

I haven't been out on a date since last fall, just a few weeks post-band. It was just too soon for me--I was still stressing out over the "band rules". Then, I got so wrapped up in the date that I totally forgot that I wasn't even supposed to be eating beef yet and ordered a burger. Thank god it stayed down--that would have made a great impression on a first date. But I was chewing so much that he had to do all the talking.

I've adjusted some since then. I've been thinking about getting back out there. But Chrispy's kind of scaring me away from the idea. Just kiddin...hehe.

I think alot of it is that I don't get out much. I do all my dating online. I have no friends to go out with...

And I have an extensive past, which I try to avoid discussing, but IF a guy asks, that will send him running for the hills...

And well... the fact that I weigh 315 can't help...

~*Ash*~