Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some serious Non-scale Victories!

I cannot it's been six months. SO much has been going on, I wish I had been posting all along, but something happened today that compelled me to tell you all, but I'm also going to fill you in on some major non-scale victories.

Since surgery on August 17th I have:

1. Traveled to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip. I was able to sit on the plane comfortably WITHOUT a seat belt extension. The trip was extremely physical as we were working with Hatian migrants, providing medical care and constructing additions to a hospital.I was able to work all day and had a ton of energy the whole trip!

2. For the trip, I ordered a size 2XL shirt for our group shirt. I was handed a shirt and put it on immediately as we were rushing to get through security. As soon as I put it on, it was snug. I was a bit disappointed, but knew that shirt sizes are subjective to manufacturers. While we were going through security, the leader of our trip said "Liz, I know you ordered a 2XL, but they sent me an XL, sorry." I almost had to do a double-take. I was snug in a XL? Wow! That felt amazing!

3. In general, I have felt so good. I have energy to work out everyday and I feel so wonderful. Yesterday a co-worker pulled me aside and said that I looked happy and healthy; that was such an amazing compliment, because I AM happier and healthier and that is more important than just looking good.

4. Today, I had such an amazing moment! I am a middle school teacher outside Boston. Today, after school an 8th grade student asked to speak to me privately. She told me that I was such an inspiration to her because she is slightly overweight and she saw the success I was having. She said that because she saw me, someone that she looks up to, taking care of themselves, that she was inspired to take care of herself. I work so hard to be a person that my students can look up to, as they are so impressionable. I never thought that my weight loss would affect them!

This is such an absolute gift and I am so happy that I decided to have surgery! I am just over six months post-op and 85 pounds down and just about halfway to my ultimate goal. I can't wait to see where the next year (and now the rest of my life) takes me!

Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement! I am so grateful to this community!

-Liz

post-21230-13813662740647_thumb.jpg

post-21230-13813662741517_thumb.jpg

post-21230-13813662742412_thumb.jpg

post-21230-13813662743348_thumb.jpg

post-21230-13813662744291_thumb.jpg

Wow...that's awesome! Great success story! Keep up the good work!

You are a true inspiration! I could only wish that I too will have that affect on others.

Wow, what a great story about your student. Others are super NSV, but the student ... wow!! Very powerful

Mary

I am absolutely astonished that she even said anything. I'm so touched! :)

Danny, I'm sure you will be an inspiration to lots of people here. :)

How inspirational! You look great! Congrats!

I cannot it's been six months. SO much has been going on' date=' I wish I had been posting all along, but something happened today that compelled me to tell you all, but I'm also going to fill you in on some major non-scale victories.

Since surgery on August 17th I have:

1. Traveled to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip. I was able to sit on the plane comfortably WITHOUT a seat belt extension. The trip was extremely physical as we were working with Hatian migrants, providing medical care and constructing additions to a hospital.I was able to work all day and had a ton of energy the whole trip!

2. For the trip, I ordered a size 2XL shirt for our group shirt. I was handed a shirt and put it on immediately as we were rushing to get through security. As soon as I put it on, it was snug. I was a bit disappointed, but knew that shirt sizes are subjective to manufacturers. While we were going through security, the leader of our trip said "Liz, I know you ordered a 2XL, but they sent me an XL, sorry." I almost had to do a double-take. I was snug in a XL? Wow! That felt amazing!

3. In general, I have felt so good. I have energy to work out everyday and I feel so wonderful. Yesterday a co-worker pulled me aside and said that I looked happy and healthy; that was such an amazing compliment, because I AM happier and healthier and that is more important than just looking good.

4. Today, I had such an amazing moment! I am a middle school teacher outside Boston. Today, after school an 8th grade student asked to speak to me privately. She told me that I was such an inspiration to her because she is slightly overweight and she saw the success I was having. She said that because she saw me, someone that she looks up to, taking care of themselves, that she was inspired to take care of herself. I work so hard to be a person that my students can look up to, as they are so impressionable. I never thought that my weight loss would affect them!

This is such an absolute gift and I am so happy that I decided to have surgery! I am just over six months post-op and 85 pounds down and just about halfway to my ultimate goal. I can't wait to see where the next year (and now the rest of my life) takes me!

Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement! I am so grateful to this community!

-Liz[/quote']

You are amazing...congrats on loss

Wow!! You look great and you so look happier. Congrats

So awesome!! I'm very proud of you!! It's a great reminder that we need to appreciate victories that are beyond the scale!!!

Your post made me cry. Of course I just had surgery 2 weeks ago so it might be the hormones ;) I just thought it was so sweet! That's awesome you have touched ppl in such a positive way, especially a young person.... Congratulations on your success I only hope I can have the same kind of success as you! Good work!

Wow, you look really great! Congratulations! :)

So awesome!! I'm very proud of you!! It's a great reminder that we need to appreciate victories that are beyond the scale!!!

I second that!!!!

Liz, what an inspirational post! Thank you for teaching our children and especially for touching that young girls life!!

Wow! Incredible NSVs - especially the last one with your student. Congrats on your weight loss! :)