Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Hector Perez in. Cancun?

Hi all, I am interested in scheduling surgery with Dr. Perez in Cancun, but have not been able to find many reviews on him. Have any of you used him? How was your experience?

Dr. Perez did not do my VSG, but he removed my drain, did the barrium check, and released me from the center. I found him well spoken, and I was very comfortable with him. I would have definitely use him!

That's great to hear! Thank you Territravel!

I used him and have absolutely no complaints. January 11. A little over a couple of weeks ago.

I started a thread "my experience in Mexico" and gave details of my experience.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, abetterme, I will look up that thread, and read. I am very interested in hearing about your experience. Thanks for posting it!

After giving it much thought, and driving myself nuts with so many Doctor's to choose from in Mexico. I finally choose to have my surgery with Dr. Perez in Cancun. My surgery will be on March 9th.

That's great, 2boys@home! I will be following you to see how it goes! I am thinking of scheduling mine for April 19. I would love to have it sooner, but I have a cruise scheduled for March 30-April 6, and even though it is very tempting to try to get a quick 30 pounds or so off before my cruise, I know it would be a mistake to go so soon after surgery. So, I've decided to wait until I get back. I know what you mean about driving yourself nuts. I keep thinking I made up my mind, and then I start second guessing myself.

I wish you the best!

I also kept second guessing myself! But I was able to great feedback from the people here, and on different forums who had surgery with him. I definitely think your making the right choice of going on your Cruise first then have your surgery. I plan on giving details of my journey so please do follow me. :)

That's great, 2boys@home! I will be following you to see how it goes! I am thinking of scheduling mine for April 19. I would love to have it sooner, but I have a cruise scheduled for March 30-April 6, and even though it is very tempting to try to get a quick 30 pounds or so off before my cruise, I know it would be a mistake to go so soon after surgery. So, I've decided to wait until I get back. I know what you mean about driving yourself nuts. I keep thinking I made up my mind, and then I start second guessing myself. I wish you the best!

You'll be glad that you waited until after your cruise. I've been on a few, and the food is so good. No fun watching everyone else enjoy it!

I was sleeved by Dr. Perez on January 25. I recommend him without hesitation. Keep in mind that the entire hospital procedure in Mexico is different than in the States. It is a little more old fashioned (except for the actual surgery which is completely modern). Everything was smooth sailing - from airport pickup to drop off things couldn't have been easier. I do recommend learning a couple of words of Spanish for hospital use if you don't know anything. Words like cold/hot, pain, please/thank you, etc. will benefit you and will probably make the staff laugh. All of the surgical staff speaks English - I am talking about the nurses, of which there are many.

Good luck!

Thanks for posting about your experience Mom2kandq! It definitely helps put our nerves at ease when we hear positive feedback from Dr. Perez! I also look forward to reading about your journey in detail! So please post as soon as possible! lol :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches