Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

time to say good bye

Had some laughs,smiles and some I can't believe people are the way they are. I really hope that some of the people who are here realize that I believe that this forum was started for people who have questions, concerns and to find out how other people were doing with their sleeve. There are just too many negative people on this site. I will say some want to help and some want to make you look and feel stupid. And as for the vets who are sick and tired of the newbies asking questions. Remember you were a newbie once and I 'm pretty sure no one was a smart azz to you like you are to some of the posters here. Good luck,keep your faith newbies it will all get better. Please always remember treat others the way you want to be treated.

I read this forum for months before ever posting. I too found it hostile feeling especially when I was preop.

There are negative people, but that is true everywhere. The biggest change is me, the truth of the matter is I was overly sensitive.

If info and experiences shared here are valuable, stay, if not, go. I am sorry that this is negative, but honestly, you will run into some of that everywhere.

I am sick of answering questions about stalls etc too... I have over 1000 posts and i bet 100 of them are answering questions about stalls...lol. I just don't answer anymore and there are plenty of others who aren't yet sick of it, that is fine!

There are things that someone like me (had band for a long time, poor results, revised to sleeve with great results, started with high BMI etc) can offer in terms of experiences and advice that maybe others cannot. I try to focus more on those type questions myself.

I credit the support and info on here being one of the things that have helped me lose 145 pounds since Dec 1 2011 so i wouldn't write it off too quickly...

Cowgirl Jane... Very well said. I agree there are certain questions that I really don't care to respond to, so the easiest thing for me is to not respond. Unfortunately some people get a kick out I bashing people and trying to people feel inferior, I also take the same approach to those people, I don't respond. I wish you the best of luck.

I have been here for over two years and I never ran into nasty posters most of that time. Really its been in the last year or less... it only takes a few to change the mood. This site has been so good for me, a few great people really helped me along the way with advice and support. Be who you want to meet on the site, and let the rest go. Understand that some who have been here a long time hear the same questions over and over. Please do a search before you ask. Then you can post specifics on those threads already in play. Im sure I asked the "stall" question at least once, and answered it multiple times. I know it is hell! Lots of the people who are years ahead of you have left the site. Some of them drop back in now and then to catch up, get support, and perhaps lend some insight to being further out from surgery. I really appreciate those that lend their expertise and advice from further out. The easiest part of this process is losing the first year or less... the honeymoon. Losing the last pounds, figuring out how to maintain is an even longer process for some of us. At two years, I have not gotten to my goal, but still happy to fight for it, and better off by far for the surgery. How about a one year stall? IT happens to many. Anyway, just take this time to learn about yourself and take heart with the many people here going through the same thing, some are grouchy or mean, but most are friendly and helpful. We are in for the long haul, and remember what you think is true at 3 months or 8 months may not be true at 12 or 24 months. One day at a time.

Had some laughs' date='smiles and some I can't believe people are the way they are. I really hope that some of the people who are here realize that I believe that this forum was started for people who have questions, concerns and to find out how other people were doing with their sleeve. There are just too many negative people on this site. I will say some want to help and some want to make you look and feel stupid. And as for the vets who are sick and tired of the newbies asking questions. Remember you were a newbie once and I 'm pretty sure no one was a smart azz to you like you are to some of the posters here. Good luck,keep your faith newbies it will all get better. Please always remember treat others the way you want to be treated.[/quote']

I do agree with you in many.circumstances ... I read some of these posts and think wtffff? its really not that seriousr and.internet fighting just makes me feel sorry for them... anyways since I have come to terms with that I have steered away from here. I come here and read posts and post here and there. new members join everyday so the same? ??s are posted daily.. weekly... monthly. if ur tired of those them don't read then is how I feel.... anyways point being I don't think I would be able to go thru this process as easy as I have without support from people who "get it". I am on Facebook and a lovely girl who I ment on here started a small facebook support group. theres no judging or fighting... just fat people gettin it together

if u are interested in joining add me on facebook cutiebootay_513@yahoo.com... and ill add u 2 the group. its completely private.

I have found it has gotten pretty extreme in the past few weeks!

I talked to her before she left. she is a nice girl and I wish her well :)

I hope she doesn't mind me reprinting some of her words. I find them important.

Thank you for the kind words :-)please don't think these people have ran me off because they haven't. I just chose to be around positive people instead. I see it this way' date=' I had this surgery to get rid of the negative toll it has taken on me physicaly and mentaly. So I decided that I want positive conversations and positive karma in my life now :-) I really wish you a blessed and positive journey I know you will succeed.[/quote']

Hey Laura, :)

I had a chance to speak with leeann as well. She really is a positive caring person. I am saddened she will no longer be a contribution here.

The rude, nasty behavior should not be tolerated.

This is not the place to come be sarcastic and dismissive to anyone.

It's a shame.

I think as a newbie, it can be difficult to find the info one is looking for. It can be overwhelming. I hope when I get to be a veteran, I can remember the beginning. Thanks for all of the support. :)

The good news is Leeann71 is back and is a great and positive member of this community

:)

we are all trying to overcome the same..

Well... for lack if a better word "food addiction"

That got us here.

We all need support and we all have an unique voice to offer insight and support.

Laura

The good news is Leeann71 is back and is a great and positive member of this community

:)

we are all trying to overcome the same..

Well... for lack if a better word "food addiction"

That got us here.

We all need support and we all have an unique voice to offer insight and support.

Laura

I think this place is a HUGE help and I intend to come whenever I feel discouraged or have good news to share, especially since I don't have a support group in my area. I know years ago, when a person in my life who WLS, she had no where to turn to. I am so grateful! ;)

I'm so happy Leeann is back! She is positive and fun! She's a real sweetheart!

I still come back after over two years. It can really help me get back on track. I'm not as "frantic" as I was the first 6-7 months, but thats a good thing!