Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I made mistake with having my sleeve...

I am almost two weeks out... I am not a depressed person, but i feel a little depression comming on. all I can think is why did I do this to my self...chop 85% of my stomach. I rescreached this surgery for two years. Did my homework I thought this was the answer to my weight loss. I am hungry I feel tried and I don't feel much restriction ..I am worried I did this surgery and I will still be able to eat quite a bit. I am doing mushy food at this time. Help...will these feelings go away?

Oh you sound just like me my first month. All of your hormones are wacky and your emotions will be a hot mess for awhile. I was so depressed and cried all the time, I regreted my decision and hated myself. But 6 months later and 91lbs down, I love what I did and I feel absoo amazing. I feel normal again, the only difference is that I can't eat as much as I used to. No more high blood pressure, no longer pre-diabetic, my levels are fine, best decision ever. You'll start feeling better soon. Here's a little inspiration :)

[ATTACH]8615[/ATTACH]

post-38228-13813662562289_thumb.png

You'll feel the restriction when you're on solids. I was able to eat 1/2 of cottage cheese at 2 weeks. And felt like a failure. Had a standard size chef salad today for dinner. I ate... About 1/3. Use to be able to do 2 of these plus a sandwich and a drink.

Hang in there :)

Thank you...thank you...I worried what if I don't loose weight ..I am two weeks out and lost 10 pounds and some people say they are two weeks out and lost 20 pounds.. I will stay positive and focus on healthy eating ..how did you lose 91 pounds in 6 months? Any tips ?

Thank you...thank you...I worried what if I don't loose weight ..I am two weeks out and lost 10 pounds and some people say they are two weeks out and lost 20 pounds.. I will stay positive and focus on healthy eating ..how did you lose 91 pounds in 6 months? Any tips ?

Everyone loses differently, 10lbs in 2 weeks is excellent. Think about it, someone without a sleeve would maybe lose a pound or two in a week, you've lost 5 in a week. Honestly it's the portion sizes, I can't eat more than 2oz at a time so it has helped me a lot. That and I am very well hydrated, that seems to help.

I am almost two weeks out... I am not a depressed person' date=' but i feel a little depression comming on. all I can think is why did I do this to my self...chop 85% of my stomach. I rescreached this surgery for two years. Did my homework I thought this was the answer to my weight loss. I am hungry I feel tried and I don't feel much restriction ..I am worried I did this surgery and I will still be able to eat quite a bit. I am doing mushy food at this time. Help...will these feelings go away?[/quote']

I'm 2 weeks post op and lost 27 lbs but every one is different I don't feel hungry what u r feeling is head hunger believe me it gets better eventually u will be able to eat everything just smaller portions this surgery is the best thing I did for my health .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST

Dont get discouraged... everything takes time, we all didn't gain weight overnight and it won't fall off that easy either unfortunately... Just stay motivated,follow their guidlines,drink lots of Water, and start getting active. oh and stay POSITIVE :D

Are you taking a ppi for the "hunger"? Might be acid instead of Hunger.

Any tips ?

I have a tip for you that is going to save your sanity and help you feel better. Ready?

Do not compare your rate of loss to anyone else's.

I know, sounds so easy. Everyone loses at a different rate and the person dropping twenty pounds in two weeks might stall out for six weeks later. No telling.

I didn't lose a single pound until the last week to ten days of my first month. I lost at exactly the rate my body wanted to lose at, no matter what else I did to tweak my program. This is how it works. We do not get to control the rate of loss, and we will stall and hit plateaus on occasion.

You will definitely notice restriction when you're actually eating. In fact, you'll likely feel frustrated because you'll know you need to eat more food but will only be able to fit a very small amount for a while.

Everyone has a moment where they feel like they'll be the first person ever to completely fail to lose any weight with surgery.

And we're all wrong. We have varying degrees of success, mostly based upon how we dealt with our head issues and how well we worked at changing our bad habits into good ones. But we all lose weight.

Relax. Really, relax. Put the scale away before it makes you crazy and don't pay attention to how other people lose weight or it'll make you crazy, too.

There were times in my journey I lost so slowly it's nuts. Seven months to lose 32 pounds? Five more to shed the final 15 pounds? So what? I'm still a success, still made it to goal and even pregnant get to wear small/6 clothing and look pretty darn good doing it.

Focus more on addressing the head hunger that will creep in and busting those bad habits like grazing or emotionally eating rather than on achieving scale success. The scale will happen if you keep doing the right things, but working on yourself will help you keep the scale in place once you're at goal.

~Cheri

I thought I was hungry all the time between weeks 2-4. This is when I was finally off of my liquid diet and could eat soft foods. Honestly I think it was partially all of the options for food that had opened up :) lol. This seemed to just dissipate over week 4. Now I have to remind myself to eat. It will get better! I had similar doubts at the stage you are at.

I was terrified to do this to myself, and terrified of what was in store for me if I DIDN'T do something about my weight too. I think its normal to have those "oh ****! what have I done" feelings but what I can tell you is that the less you entertain that, the better off you will be.

Trust yourself, you thought about this for two years. If you are hungry I suggest you head over to theworldaccordingtoeggface and look up some Protein recipes.

I thought I was hungry all the time between weeks 2-4. This is when I was finally off of my liquid diet and could eat soft foods. Honestly I think it was partially all of the options for food that had opened up :) lol. This seemed to just dissipate over week 4. Now I have to remind myself to eat. It will get better! I had similar doubts at the stage you are at.

I'm glad to hear this. I'm hungry all. the. time and it makes me crazy to hear some people say they don't feel hunger, or that a sleeved person shouldn't feel hunger in the first little bit. I'm four weeks out today, and my stomach is growling as I type this.

You will feel better once you can eat. You will learn the difference between head hunger and true physical hunger. Treat your new tummy as a tool and follow your surgeons instructions. You will be successful.

Your feelings are totally normal!! Please give it some more time. Several of us in a support group agreed it does not matter how much research u do or prepare u are not prepared for how this surgery makes you feel. It's just something u have to deal with. Please just relax and I bet in another month u will be carrying a different tune. I used to wake up in the middle of the night crying..... For hours I had no idea why. It happens and your feelings are real but they are temporary. You will be so glad hon. Take care of yourself take your Vitamins and eat well. You will be ok!!

Thanks to all posters on this subject. I am 4 weeks post surgery and I'm experiencing all the feelings that have been mentioned by others. I am trusting you all when you say things get better. They just have to... I won't lie things have been quite miserable for me. I see other people post how great they feel after 1 or 2 weeks; unfortunately that has not been my experience. I'm struggling, it is as simple as that. But it's a done deal, so I've got believe that things will get better