Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29 days...getting antsy

I'm 29 days away from my surgery in Tijuana. It feels like forever away. I haven't been doing a very good job of watching what I eat lately. I think I'm frustrated because I've been counting the days down for so long now.

I plan to start my pre-op diet (again) on the 1st. Just want this to be over so I can start my life. Things just feel stalled right now and like I'm consumed with the waiting game. Everyday feels like it takes a year!

I told my boss today about my upcoming surgery. I've worked with her for quite some time now and she's very supportive. I've only told a few people (my scrapbooking friends, my boss) because I've been so worried about their reactions. I just don't want to hear it. I mean, this is my body, my decision. My husband is very supportive, but still seems to lack interest since he won't be able to come with me (kids...can't trust them home alone).

I haven't told my mom yet. While I'm nearly 40 years old, she's still my mom and can make me feel the old Catholic/German guilt in a heartbeat! She knows I'm having surgery, but doesn't know when or where. When I mentioned VSG to her, she had all these horror stories of other people who have had WLS. She doesn't seem to trust me that I've educated myself for several months and have tried literally EVERYTHING under the sun. Since she flipped out over the mention of surgery, I can only imagine her distaste of my location of choice.

I've bought a couple of new (used) pieces of clothing for my thinner self. I'm actually looking forward to summer this year and am hoping I'm confident enough to go sleeveless (at least on my arms...hahaha!) and not have to sweat like a pig all summer! I picked up a cute little BabyPhat jean skirt last week at a repurpose store I love. The skirt looks brand new and still has the clear plastic covering the silver, metal tag. Super cute.

But time is about to make me lose my mind. I just wish it would hurry up and get here already!

I have three Weeks left...and I can relate to where you are coming from....I have been counting down for so long, now its just close my eyes and wait!.....I am so excited to finally start a new life, and I lay and imagine what it is going to be like....I do have the support of my mother and thw silent support of my husband, though its hard to tell sometimes, sometimes I think,he may have a underlying insecurity....we wont talk about it unless I bring it up...which I kind of have cut back on recently....three Weeks ago it was coming upon Christmas, so they will fly by...Godspeed recovery and well wishes to you...your in the right place foe support!

Silent support. That's a good way to refer to it. I don't talk about it much with my husband either. I know he's fine with me having the surgery but he really can't know the excitement/fear/anticipation I've had for so long. I've never even been out of the country much less flown before so this is a HUGE experience for me.

Hoping good things for you and your experience as well.

Its a journey I must take alone! I am more than willing...I just need some positivity, that would be nice from your spouse...for him just to ask me one time "are you excited?" or a "im so happy for you"...but nothing...which is similar any negative comments to me! This is why I come here to lean on the support of my sleevie family...who just recently encouragede to add a photo....I love them all...so I know im not going alone...I will have my whole sleevie family with me...and if I dont check in with them...they will be worried, posting,and,looking....good and well wishes to you.

4 more weeks for me. i cant wait!!! im super excited and nervous at the same time. my son's father is absolutely no support at all, in fact he often tries to sabotage me. but im stronger than he thinks. i am determined to change my life and the life of my overweight 8yr old son!

Do it for you and no one else! Especially your overweight child!

I'm 29 days away from my surgery in Tijuana. It feels like forever away. I haven't been doing a very good job of watching what I eat lately. I think I'm frustrated because I've been counting the days down for so long now.

I plan to start my pre-op diet (again) on the 1st. Just want this to be over so I can start my life. Things just feel stalled right now and like I'm consumed with the waiting game. Everyday feels like it takes a year!

I told my boss today about my upcoming surgery. I've worked with her for quite some time now and she's very supportive. I've only told a few people (my scrapbooking friends' date=' my boss) because I've been so worried about their reactions. I just don't want to hear it. I mean, this is my body, my decision. My husband is very supportive, but still seems to lack interest since he won't be able to come with me (kids...can't trust them home alone).

I haven't told my mom yet. While I'm nearly 40 years old, she's still my mom and can make me feel the old Catholic/German guilt in a heartbeat! She knows I'm having surgery, but doesn't know when or where. When I mentioned VSG to her, she had all these horror stories of other people who have had WLS. She doesn't seem to trust me that I've educated myself for several months and have tried literally EVERYTHING under the sun. Since she flipped out over the mention of surgery, I can only imagine her distaste of my location of choice.

I've bought a couple of new (used) pieces of clothing for my thinner self. I'm actually looking forward to summer this year and am hoping I'm confident enough to go sleeveless (at least on my arms...hahaha!) and not have to sweat like a pig all summer! I picked up a cute little BabyPhat jean skirt last week at a repurpose store I love. The skirt looks brand new and still has the clear plastic covering the silver, metal tag. Super cute.

But time is about to make me lose my mind. I just wish it would hurry up and get here already![/quote']

I can't believe how much we think alike. I am 43 years old and also afraid to tell my mom where I am having surgery at. I am also playing the waiting game like you are. I also feel like my life is on hold. I am also counting down the days. And every day also seems like a year. I guess the feelings we are having are completely normal.

I can't believe how much we think alike. I am 43 years old and also afraid to tell my mom where I am having surgery at. I am also playing the waiting game like you are. I also feel like my life is on hold. I am also counting down the days. And every day also seems like a year. I guess the feelings we are having are completely normal.

Sounds like a crazy kinda normal, huh? I would love to hibernate and wake up the day before my surgery...ready to go!

Sounds like a crazy kinda normal' date=' huh? I would love to hibernate and wake up the day before my surgery...ready to go![/quote']

Lol I just said the same thing the other day.

I think u r going to Tj the same week as me, March 4-8...it will be here before u know it.

I will be there from Feb. 21st until the 25th. 22 days now.

My surgery is in three weeks, and I'm having so many feelings... one minute I wish I could have surgery tomorrow...but there are also times when I want to cancel it all and run for the exit!

As for support from family and friends... I've recently realized that I'm going through this process with lots of support from all of you here on VST and that I have a pretty good idea of what life will be like after surgery because I've read so many posts by people who have gone before me. I've spend hours reading and researching. My husband is pretty much in the dark (other than what I tell him), so I think it makes sense that he is much less comfortable with all of this than I am. Also, it's not in his nature to "talk things out"...yet I know that his life is going to be impacted a lot. He has asked how much I'll be able to eat, and is probably wondering if he'll ever see the inside of a restaurant again! So I'm trying to be conscious of the fact that this is scary for both of us..but I'm luckier because I have all of you to help me!

Blaaah! Three weeks! Its sooo exciting!!!!! Sorry for all the exclamations I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!!!

My WLS is in 26 days. I have awesome support from everyone in my life. My hubby has been working 2 jobs and 14 hour days to make the extra $$$ we needed to pay for it. My mom and stepdad are going to stay in hotel with me. My hubby is as excited as I am. He said he can't wait to buy me trashy clothes and a motorcycle.

My WLS is in 26 days. I have awesome support from everyone in my life. My hubby has been working 2 jobs and 14 hour days to make the extra we needed to pay for it. My mom and stepdad are going to stay in hotel with me. My hubby is as excited as I am. He said he can't wait to buy me trashy clothes and a motorcycle.

That's great I will be in tj mine is the 27 Dr Garcia