Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

She WANTS me to get 80 grams a day. I know thats a lot right. I bought a few Protein Shakes including the Isopure today to try and find SOMETHING I like that has more Protein than the Adkins that I was drinking.

I started myself on a little food on my own. I ate 1/2 an egg made into egg salad and some refried Beans with sour cream and cheese. I'm sick of being on liquids. Its been a month. My mother had gastric bypass in October so I'm using her as an example as to what to eat.

Good luck to you.

My NUT wants me between 60-70 g a day. Please be cautious of when you go offon your own. I'd hate to see you hurting. This is not said to be negative or discouraging. It's said out of caring that you succeed, promise.

For the last month has any one else other than me been like Rupunzel from the scene in Tangled where she starts on a journey she has never been on before. She really isn't sure she should be doing it so she spends a whole scene going from being ecstatic to be completely depressed. From "oh my gosh this is so great", to "what have I done". That had been my emotions for sure. Any one else?

LOL! Perfect analogy!

I was sleeved on the 25th. I had horrible gas pains right after surgery. I could not lie down or it hurt more. I just tried to sit on the edge of the bed. It subsided somewhat, and I tried to sleep, but the nurses and docs kept coming to my room all night long. It turns out that my blood pressure has skyrocketed to 200/102. When they kept coming to check on me and give me more medication, I got a little nervous too. My blood pressure had never been high before. They told me it was because my pain was not controlled. I felt a little better the next day and my blood pressure was down. I did stay 2 nights though. I have been home since yesterday and am able to drink easily. I can feel all of my food and drinks going all the way down. I have had Soup which was yummy, yogurt, Jello, Protein Shakes, Water and Crystal Light. I think I will try some runny oatmeal tomorrow. All in all, I am feeling great. My tummy is sore, but I can move around easily. My prayers are with all of those being sleeved this month.

Coco, I had high bp, too, which couldn't be easily controlled. It got up to 244/130 at one point. As soon as they switched the pain meds that made me feel horrible, itself right down. Amazing how we react to such things. Hope today is a good one for you!

I'm heading out for a walk with my kids then coming in to make a cream of Brie and crabmeat soup. I wonder how many meals one batch will make now, lol!

Uhm recipe for cream of brie and cabernet Soup, please.

:-D

Uhm recipe for cream of brie and cabernet Soup, please.

:-D

It's so not healthy, but my NUT said it was fine as long as I limit to one 3oz serving per day. I did substitute half & half for cream and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for the unsalted butter.

Ingredients

1 C. flour

1/4 lb. unsalted butter

2 1/2 quarts chicken stock

2 quarts heavy cream

1/2 lb. Brie cheese, peeled and cubed

1/2 Tbs. white pepper

1/4 tsp. red pepper

1 lb. lump crabmeat

Directions

To make the roux, melt butter and add flour, stir until well combined. Cook roux to desired color. Remove roux and allow to cool to room temperature. (A lighter color roux yields a lighter color soup.)

Bring stock to cooking temperature and slowly add cream. Stir until fully combined. Reduce by 10%. Add the roux and stir gently to combine. Bring to a gentle boil; this will develop the roux. Reduce the temperature of the kettle when it begins to boil. Watch that it doesn't boil over. When thickened, add cheese and stir until fully melted. Texture should be smooth and well combined. Season with peppers and salt to taste. Gently fold in crabmeat.

Yield: 10-12 generous servings. (For us, probably about 30 servings, lol!) It does freeze well. I am freezing mine in 4oz RubberMade containers, and taking the extras to a friend with a new baby.)

Oh, and if you're still on full liquids like myself, purée the hell out of it! You could just not add the crab, but.... It's also good with shrimp. I may try mixing cream of shrimp Soup to an individual serving.

Also, if you have unflavored Protein, it disappears in this!

Ok, so I had my sleeve done on Monday and have done fine so far. I have been drinking the clear Isopure RTD, Water, and clear Soups. Today I started mixing pedialyte and Powerade zero to try and avoid dehydration because i really dont think i am getting in enough of fluids. I really dont have any pain except the area where they had to take out my stomach. i haven't even needed to use the lortab Syrup i had to get from the pharmacy, which is good for me since i dont really like taking narcotics unless i have to. has anyone who alread had surgery experienced a not-so-pleasant smell a few days post op? my family thinks i am crazy, but there is a smell which is so indescribable that i started smelling today and it wont go away, and i seem to be the only one that smells it. I did go out with the family to the supermarket today and b the time we got home, i was exhausted but the walk did me some good. so thats my day 4 postop update, i start pureeds on monday and cant wait for the transition.

Ok' date=' so I had my sleeve done on Monday and have done fine so far. I have been drinking the clear Isopure RTD, Water, and clear Soups. Today I started mixing pedialyte and Powerade zero to try and avoid dehydration because i really dont think i am getting in enough of fluids. I really dont have any pain except the area where they had to take out my stomach. i haven't even needed to use the lortab Syrup i had to get from the pharmacy, which is good for me since i dont really like taking narcotics unless i have to. has anyone who alread had surgery experienced a not-so-pleasant smell a few days post op? my family thinks i am crazy, but there is a smell which is so indescribable that i started smelling today and it wont go away, and i seem to be the only one that smells it. I did go out with the family to the supermarket today and b the time we got home, i was exhausted but the walk did me some good. so thats my day 4 postop update, i start pureeds on monday and cant wait for the transition.[/quote']

Yes! The smell! I couldn't tell if it was the horrible taste in my mouth or what!

Yes! The smell! I couldn't tell if it was the horrible taste in my mouth or what!

OMG, I thought it was me! LOL

I smelled it too. Was very weird and indescribable. Went away in a few days.

Me too. No bowel moves but sounds. Glad to hear from my fellow sleevers!

How are you feeling today?? So far today has been my worst day!! I feel hungry and didnt know I would!!!

How are you feeling today?? So far today has been my worst day!! I feel hungry and didnt know I would!!!

I have been feeling the same way today. Even though I have been getting in my Protein and fluids but I want something to eat. It could be cottage cheese or even mashed potatoes but I want something lol. It's getting better but it's still hard because I didn't think I would have the cravings or hunger pains that I do. They said its apparently a fantom hunger. Ugh

Well tonight i had 2 oz veg broth and 1 oz Jello. I've drank 4 oz Water today. 3 oz in 45 minutes to check for nausea. So far i haven't had any...knock on wood. Before i was served my dinner tray i was STARVING! ! I told my hubby and he was shocked lol. Can't keep a good tummy down i guess! Drinking some has taken the edge off though. Also the broth and jello provided a few well needed calories.

How r u with your liquids?

I'm doing fine. I'm still in the hospital because of high BP due to them giving me too much Fluid & me drinking my 4-6 oz an hour. I was kinda upset because its day 3 but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Mentally I'm hungry but the liquids are keeping me feeling full. I'm just ready to chew my food even if its 3-4 oz. My pain has been fine & I've been walking just a little concerned about becoming dehydrated. So I'm setting my timer to make sure I get enough fluids.

Even though I have no reason to feel kinda down, I do. I really had no idea how much food was a big part of my life. This truly is a new journey for me.

I'm doing fine. I'm still in the hospital because of high BP due to them giving me too much Fluid & me drinking my 4-6 oz an hour. I was kinda upset because its day 3 but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Mentally I'm hungry but the liquids are keeping me feeling full. I'm just ready to chew my food even if its 3-4 oz. My pain has been fine & I've been walking just a little concerned about becoming dehydrated. So I'm setting my timer to make sure I get enough fluids.

Even though I have no reason to feel kinda down' date=' I do. I really had no idea how much food was a big part of my life. This truly is a new journey for me.[/quote']

Its not always going to be like this. My mom had bariatric surgery in the 80s and she eats everything. She just eats a small amount and she's satisfied. These early days are rough, but it will change for the better. Just right now we have to treat our newborn tummies like a newborn. All liquid then purees then food. Thankfully we can speed the process up and not spend a year introducing our new tummies to food.

Today i wasn't as hungry as yesterday, but i was taken by surprise on that one! Im still struggling with trapped gas and that's my major complaint today. I think Im not hungry cuz i bumped my Water intake. However, i do know that 3 days have passed and i keep thinking how much better I'll be in another 3 days time. Fingers crossed. Im just happy yo be 3 days on the other side rather than 3 days preop!