Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm allowed to have I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray, so I use that on brocolli, green Beans, Brussels sprouts, aparagus, etc. I'm lucky that I LOVE veggies. I'm not allowed salad dressing, so I made one that my friend that went through the surgery made up - balsalmic vinegar, a little Water, some garlic powder, pepper and non sugar sweetener. It's actually good! I got McDonalds Ranch Bacon grilled chicken salad the other day bc my family was having fast food, took everything off except the chicken and greens and put the dressing on it. YUM!

Sumsuz68, Thanks for your input! We have the same surgeon and they have not been very responsive when I have inquired on certain topics. Have you had that same experience? I guess I need to call them on Monday morning and get some more information. I have kind of been winging it. The information I get off of this forum has helped alot!

I've been spending some time looking at the before and after pictures. All I find myself doing when I look at them is SMILING!! everyone looks so happy! Whenever I start to get those butterflies' date=' I think of those pictures and it takes away all my jitters. These pics are incredible![/quote']

I do it too! And watch before and after videos on YouTube! Whenever I start to doubt myself, they always seems to give me the inspiration I need! :)

Sumsuz68, Thanks for your input! We have the same surgeon and they have not been very responsive when I have inquired on certain topics. Have you had that same experience? I guess I need to call them on Monday morning and get some more information. I have kind of been winging it. The information I get off of this forum has helped alot!

No problem. And no, I haven't had that experience with them. I just PM you. :)

Hello to all March Sleevers, I have been on my pre-op liver detox diet for 7 days now got on the scale this morning and have lost 12 pounds I am so excited but it has been hard. Giving up caffeine has been so hard for me since I am a coffee addict. So many restaurants do not serve Sprite Zero or caffeine free coke or pepsi so I am stuck drinking Water ( Iike I should anyway) or unsweetened ice tea (that I hate). I have been reading some of your posts and see that some of you are questioning if you should have this surgery. I to have tried so many high Protein low carb diets and have had much success but the weight just does not stay off. I am using this surgery as a TOOL to help me lose the wieght and to keep it off just by having a smaller stomach. I have heard overtime the stomach does stretch and weight can go back up and that it is not unusual to gain about 8 to 10% of your weight. But, the truth I need to drop 140 pounds and if after 3 years post op I again back about 10 to 20 pounds I will still be happy. I hate what I weight now and not being able to keep up with my family is a real depressing thing for me right now. The bottom line is I will never be able to eat like I want to and this surgery will help me keep on track. I wish everyone good luck and lets keep in touch. Supporting each other is going to be everything.

Latest updated list:

1 SKgirl27, Kaleen, racoon_439, Sumsuz68, MzNikkiG, KanesMom, linzwalker30

2 Tryingtobringsexyback, TeriMoBeri

4 Lmariewj, Leo815, Just1Girl, JeffNNJ, mattsbelly, dinky, Garlandfam, Joeseph Intravaia, Fifty&Hippy, shakur154, ItsmeTae, Readyforthisjourney-Jen

5 MissFae, teetani, gelen's_change, sr910, AFinch, duckie913, AceMan8, pollyp

6 bringiton, Presher87, dustdog77, simonetwentynine, pammie37, newat52

7 Mommielissa06, Jenniferg, ashley18, Misconduct, Bvl, krissj, MoniqueA97, jody73, purplemoonflower123, pnkhart, cresh78, Mini_Me_23, GAmom, HypnotizingHazel, lilstyler

8 Courtney, toya3901, pacificpeach, BigDaddyJoe, st2011, alanah

11 Caspinelli712, chrissyatthebeach, Liljulz202, ARenee99, jenah, ginamaria, LeesaDee

12 PeacockMama, onelessfatgirl, HollyMc63, brandy88

13 SerendipityHappens, adoptmom2_3, PressOnward, erica hall, lotti, erica hall

14 BigFatLoser, superstartover, Gwenny, traycrow83

15 futuresleever, Kodiesmom, dsdolls

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill, Leleboo, Zen, Rinamatie, LifeBackNye

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg, ignats639

21 Reneetrom, Newnay

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl, mykidsinspireme

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback, slidellsleever, turlinsen, CarrieP, tammy1970

26 Thistlegirl, thundathighsz

27 Oldnavee, tannak

28 Mlecompte, parker

29 stevie07

Hi Guys,

I am so struggling today. I am in day three of the pre-op liquid diet and it is getting to me. Someone said it gets better after day 3, but I am truly struggling today. I am on my fourth Protein shake and it seems nothing is helping. Other than the shakes I have had some Jello and a popsicle. I hope I can make it another 11 days. It is scaring me now. I try to keep busy and not think about it, but on a gloomy Saturday it is not an easy feat. How do others do it?

Have any of you made plans on how to.handle the clothing as we shrink?

I have to say' date=' that's a concern for me.[/quote']

My friend had the sleeve a year ago. She lost 115 lbs!!! Her advice was to utilize a consignment shop sp you csn sell big clothes and buy smaller ones. That and thrift store shopping. In her experience, she dropped sizes every few months so she hardly had time to wear them out.

Hi Guys' date='

I am so struggling today. I am in day three of the pre-op liquid diet and it is getting to me. Someone said it gets better after day 3, but I am truly struggling today. I am on my fourth Protein shake and it seems nothing is helping. Other than the shakes I have had some Jello and a popsicle. I hope I can make it another 11 days. It is scaring me now. I try to keep busy and not think about it, but on a gloomy Saturday it is not an easy feat. How do others do it?[/quote']

Here are some recipes that my NUT gave me for my 2 week diet. And a copy of my diet... Good luck!

post-49065-13813663376964_thumb.jpg

post-49065-13813663377545_thumb.jpg

post-49065-13813663378107_thumb.jpg

This can't be happening to me I'm getting a cold and in one week I'm suppose to be sleeved...Help

March 13th

Tampa, Fl

Dr. Dietrick

I just can't wait:)

March 4 is my date... I'm saying "goodbye" to my favorites this weekend and I start my liquid diet on Monday. I've already created a menu so I don't have to think so hard about it and can just get done what I'm making... I'm also preparing some Soups and things that I can freeze in very small containers for week 2 post-surgery after I'm off clear liquids... I figure the less I have to think the easier it will be for me and my family. I go back and forth between very excited and very nervous.

Hi Guys,

I am so struggling today. I am in day three of the pre-op liquid diet and it is getting to me. Someone said it gets better after day 3, but I am truly struggling today. I am on my fourth Protein Shake and it seems nothing is helping. Other than the shakes I have had some Jello and a popsicle. I hope I can make it another 11 days. It is scaring me now. I try to keep busy and not think about it, but on a gloomy Saturday it is not an easy feat. How do others do it?

Hi there! Have you thought about Soups? You could do a Tomato basil Soup in your blender... and then add egg whites to it if you need to have the Protein, but it sounds like you're getting that in your shakes. This is a WEight Watchers Tomato/Basil soup recipe I have...2 cans of diced italian tomatoes, 1 8 oz light cream cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 6 basil leaves. Put it all in a blender and make it smooth and then pour it in a pot and heat it up until all the cheese melts. It's a good one. Good luck!!!

I'm really excited and am having the "last supper" mentality! Thai iced tea! I think I'm going to miss caffeine but not as much as my belly! Will go to 1/2 caff this week and then off the following. I'm so glad my Dr office only requires a 2 day liquid diet per surgery. I feel so sorry for those struggling with that I can't imagine! I'm really looking forward to smaller boobs, butt and stomach! Not miss judging my size and clearing a table and I definitely won't miss using my arms to get out of a chair or off the ground. Bring it on I'm ready!