Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daddyjoe you're a rock star! Thanks! 17 days left!! One week til pre op diet!

I'm with you PeacockMama. I start my Pre-op diet on March 1st. Ordered Unjury samples to try out. Also making lots of Soup this weekend so I can drink the clear broth. I just can't do the can broth. Good luck to you and lets keep each other posted on our progress.

You're crazy! Lol. Yes, it's a high Protein, low carb diet, but your stomach size is also smaller. Stick to the diet and you should do grey. As my psychologist said today... Aurgery doesn't fail people, people fail themselves. Its all about your attitude. If you don't feel like you're ready, wait! Seeing my exhusband have a heart attack was all it took for me to get serious! :)

PS..... Please add me to the list for March 7th! :)

Starting my pre-op diet March 1st. I know it will be a hard two weeks of nothing but liquid. I am from Louisiana you know and we are known for our food. LOL I guess thats what got me in this position in the first place.

Here is my request. I am trying to find positive sayings about this journey to print out and put all over my house so no matter where I look while on the two week liquid diet I will remember why I have started this journey in my life. So if anyone has any quotes, personal sayings or any thing at all, Please post them here so I can add them to my list.

Thanks!

LOL, thanks Hazel. I do feel like I'm ready, I know I can do this, and know that this is what is needed to get me to be able to lose and maintain the weight, and get me off my meds and healthy for my family. I just was having doubts, as one of the 'selling points' for the surgery at the seminar I went to said that doing the Atkins or any high-protein diet long term is not feasible or healthy, yet it sounds like that's how I'll be living the rest of my life?

I update the list every morning, I will add you tomorrow!

You're crazy! Lol. Yes, it's a high Protein, low carb diet, but your stomach size is also smaller. Stick to the diet and you should do grey. As my psychologist said today... Aurgery doesn't fail people, people fail themselves. Its all about your attitude. If you don't feel like you're ready, wait! Seeing my exhusband have a heart attack was all it took for me to get serious! :)

PS..... Please add me to the list for March 7th! :)

March sleevers I'm getting nervous! My bmi has dropped from 35 to 33. I dunno what's going on with that- great that I am loosing weight I just don't want it to disqualify me from surgery. This has never happened before.. Maybe it's stress? Any low bmi sleevers out there?

Kodiesmom - im from georgia...TOTALLY understand where you're coming from! Here, food is life...its at the center of everything we do. That's why nearly every person I know is overweight and obese! Thankfully my surgeron requires low carb/high Protein diet and not liquid only. Godspeed to you with that!! :)

daddyjoe-baby im going to tell you like I've told myself. If you COULD diet like that the rest of your life to be thin and healthy, you WOULD have by now. I've lost weight before on those diets too, massive amounts, kept it off about a year or so then it came right back on! I just can't live like that without something physically stopping me. Sure, with the surgery we essentially eat low carb diets. But with surgery, if we "cheat" and east Pasta, one spoonfull will fill us up instead of the 3 bowlfulls we would have without the surgery. It gives us a fighting chance to re train our brain before we can physically sabotage ourselves.

idk if that made sense to anyone. Feel like im rambling.

Thanks PeacockMama, that makes PERFECT sense to me! And you're completely right. Thanks, I needed that!

Kodiesmom - im from georgia...TOTALLY understand where you're coming from! Here, food is life...its at the center of everything we do. That's why nearly every person I know is overweight and obese! Thankfully my surgeron requires low carb/high Protein diet and not liquid only. Godspeed to you with that!! :)

daddyjoe-baby im going to tell you like I've told myself. If you COULD diet like that the rest of your life to be thin and healthy, you WOULD have by now. I've lost weight before on those diets too, massive amounts, kept it off about a year or so then it came right back on! I just can't live like that without something physically stopping me. Sure, with the surgery we essentially eat low carb diets. But with surgery, if we "cheat" and east Pasta, one spoonfull will fill us up instead of the 3 bowlfulls we would have without the surgery. It gives us a fighting chance to re train our brain before we can physically sabotage ourselves.

idk if that made sense to anyone. Feel like im rambling.

couldnt have said that one better!!!!

I am with BigDaddyJoe, I have tried all diets and I have great will power losing the weight is not an issue! I hope this "tool" helps me maintain my loss! Gaining it back has always been my huge problem... I really hope this helps me long term.

March sleevers I'm getting nervous! My bmi has dropped from 35 to 33. I dunno what's going on with that- great that I am loosing weight I just don't want it to disqualify me from surgery. This has never happened before.. Maybe it's stress? Any low bmi sleevers out there?

What's you surgeon's guidelines? I'm at 34.5 Bmi but dr Garcia will do it if you are higher than 28

Well, it is getting close 2 weeks to surgery. March 11th will be here before I know it.

March 13th

hi i get my sleeve done in Thailand on 29th march cant wait. bought Protein powders yesterday. surgery, doctor, accomadation and flights all booked. Just a waiting game now.

Start pre- op dieton 14th.

What's you surgeon's guidelines? I'm at 34.5 Bmi but dr Garcia will do it if you are higher than 28

Hey there my surgeon's cut off is 31 bmi. I still have a one week pre op diet to do. I have never had to worry about keeping weight on before lol