Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just starting day 3 of my pre op diet. So far so good. For those of you that are allowed a Lean and Green meal' date=' I need some ideas. What is everybody eating? My doctors office didn't give me any rules for these meals!!!!! So far I have been eating chicken breasts and salads....[/quote']

How about a homemade sorta taco salad? I take chicken breast cut it in cubes and sauté it. Then add taco seasoning and instead of adding Water, I add a half can of black Beans with all the juice from the whole can and cook it per the taco seasoning directions. Put the chicken snd beans on salad greens. No need for dressing, the taco seasoned black beans and juice is super yummy as the dressing. Not sure if that's ok for your particular diet but I like it.

I'm very worried that my surgery date will be pushed back some. I'm scheduled for march 8 and my hubs comes home march 7. He travels three weeks out of every month and i really need him here for this, especially to care for our son and pets. I've done my EDG, sleep study, pregnancy test and blood test. I still need my medical clearance, gallbladder ultrasound and chest X-ray. I'm going Tuesday to my PCP for my medical clearance and they should have my test results, order my X-ray and ultrasound. I know i dont need an appt for the xray so i plan to get that immediately following my appt. My surgeons office told me that I was cutting it very close that I might not make it in time with the cardiac clearance and the gallbladder ultrasound. my PCP said they do the EKG at my appt and as long as its normal they will clear me on the cardiac part but surgeons office says that I need to see a cardiologist for clearance. So confused :-/ I really thought the surgeons office would have helped me more with properly scheduling all the pre op stuff. I've had to contact them for most everything instead of them contacting me. They did give me a great binder full of info but the list of tests and clearances is just a list...it would have been helpful if it said "cardiac clearance - schedule at least X days before surgery date" or something like that. It just says it has to be with in 30 days of surgery, I hope my PCP can take care of that and they can get a rush on my ultrasound.. Uggg. I hope my plans don't fall through.

Hi there! Have you thought about Soups? You could do a Tomato basil Soup in your blender... and then add egg whites to it if you need to have the Protein, but it sounds like you're getting that in your shakes. This is a WEight Watchers Tomato/Basil soup recipe I have...2 cans of diced italian tomatoes, 1 8 oz light cream cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 6 basil leaves. Put it all in a blender and make it smooth and then pour it in a pot and heat it up until all the cheese melts. It's a good one. Good luck!!!

Thank you for that! It sounds delicious! Going to make this as soon as I can.

Hi Guys,

I am so struggling today. I am in day three of the pre-op liquid diet and it is getting to me. Someone said it gets better after day 3, but I am truly struggling today. I am on my fourth Protein Shake and it seems nothing is helping. Other than the shakes I have had some Jello and a popsicle. I hope I can make it another 11 days. It is scaring me now. I try to keep busy and not think about it, but on a gloomy Saturday it is not an easy feat. How do others do it?

I think I more worried about doing the pre-op diet than I am the actual surgery. I only have to do it for 6 days. You were doing good with them for the first couple days.. stick with it, you know you can do it!! Try to keep yourself focused. I am sure it makes for a long day!

krissj, on Today, 3:29 PM, said: Hi Guys, I am so struggling today. I am in day three of the pre-op liquid diet and it is getting to me. Someone said it gets better after day 3, but I am truly struggling today. I am on my fourth Protein Shake and it seems nothing is helping. Other than the shakes I have had some Jello and a popsicle. I hope I can make it another 11 days. It is scaring me now. I try to keep busy and not think about it, but on a gloomy Saturday it is not an easy feat. How do others do it?
I think I more worried about doing the pre-op diet than I am the actual surgery. I only have to do it for 6 days. You were doing good with them for the first couple days.. stick with it, you know you can do it!! Try to keep yourself focused. I am sure it makes for a long day!
I am on day five and it actually is getting better, a lot better. But what happens to me is I panic, I get anxiety spells. If I see a commercial for food, or a picture of food, or I think of a food, I start to panic with the usual thoughts of I'll never be able to eat that again, I'm angry, I want to eat now. Then when I have my one allowed meal a day and after I finished eating sometimes I think it's not enough, it's not enough I need more how can I live like this. But then the feeling goes away. And I think after some time those thoughts will become less and less and I will be healthy more and more as I lose weight on this journey. I certainly hope this can happen for you. We'll see.

Keep on pushing,you can do it I know its hard but for all the rite purposes,ONLY FAILURES LOSES WINNERS ALWAYS WIN ....GOOD LUCK

I know I have to start this diet in the morning so what am I doing now? Just sitting here dreading to go to bed because I know I'll be waking up in the morning starting a whole new life. Although its a better and healthier life it going to be one without my constant companion. Without sounding dramatic its almost like I'm saying goodbye to an old loyal friend. For many years now I have made food my "go to" for sorrow,joy,celebrations,loneliness ,anger,well you get the idea. Time now to put my Big girl panties on face life head on..

I am scheduled for surgery March 20, I fly from PA to San Diego to have it done at Mi hospital with Dr. Fernando Garcia. I too had this scheduled since December and at the time I just wanted it done, now I am pretty scared and time did fly. I need to really start learning the post op diet so I am prepared. And I need to do a pre op diet for one week. I am 185 I want to be 140