Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everybody' date='

Well, today is my 61st birthday and I am starting day 4 of the liquid. I am really struggling and trying to figure out how I can make it 8 more days. In fact, I had to break by having a banana last night. I was so hungry and just had to have it. It definitely helped and I will continue from here. I beat myself up over it, but it was just that I had to have something and I figured a banana was better than something else. I have lost 5 lbs these last four days so I know things are going well. I am back on it and will continue without beating myself up. That damn head hunger is definitely beating me up.

Anyway, I plan to have a good day and not go out to dinner with hubby or have any cake. It will be a difficult birthday for sure, but I keep thinking about next year. I have a lot to keep my mind occupied all day with church, rehersals and a play audition so I should be ok. Have a great and healthy day everyone.[/quote']

Happy Birthday!!!

I am hoping for a March 25 surgery date. I called Cigna Thursday and found out I was approved, but the surgeon's office won't put me on the calendar until they have the approval in " black and white". I would have thought they could call Cigna themselves and get something faxed to them or get verbal authorization to at least get me scheduled, but that wasn't the case on Friday. I'm sure the month between now and 3/25 is plenty of time to get the " official" black and white via snail mail. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I do need to let my employer know in advance of when I will be taking off work. March 25 would be great because it will be right at the beginning of Spring Break and my 17 year old daughter could be home with me after my husband returns to work. I guess with all of the frustration I went through with getting the insurance approval, I am really excited and anxious to get this going. Thanks for listening to me vent. :-)

I am hoping for a March 25 surgery date. I called Cigna Thursday and found out I was approved' date=' but the surgeon's office won't put me on the calendar until they have the approval in " black and white". I would have thought they could call Cigna themselves and get something faxed to them or get verbal authorization to at least get me scheduled, but that wasn't the case on Friday. I'm sure the month between now and 3/25 is plenty of time to get the " official" black and white via snail mail. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I do need to let my employer know in advance of when I will be taking off work. March 25 would be great because it will be right at the beginning of Spring Break and my 17 year old daughter could be home with me after my husband returns to work. I guess with all of the frustration with getting the insurance approval, I am really excited and anxious to get this going. Thanks for listening to me vent. :-)[/quote']

Good luck to you..every Insurance Co is different.. I was approved on January 4 th and didn't get a date until early February for March 6th..I too am impatient lol..but the end is near and there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I promise :) and you got your surgery approved ..that's half the battle..take care and keep us posted on your date..I hope it is in March..

Good luck to you..every Insurance Co is different.. I was approved on January 4 th and didn't get a date until early February for March 6th..I too am impatient lol..but the end is near and there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I promise :) and you got your surgery approved ..that's half the battle..take care and keep us posted on your date..I hope it is in March..

Thank you! Good luck with your surgery on 3/6! That will be here soon! Please keep us posted as well. :-))

Hi I am that girl and my date is march 11, 2013.... Tomorrow I start my pre- op diet... I am excited and ready so my mind is telling me. My goal weight is 150. But I will be happy with 160... I am 335 now... So I guess I will see what happens.

Hi everyone, my surgery date is March 21 at Lahey, Burlington, MA, but I live in Nashua, NH. I have my pre-op March 6 and start my 2 week liquid diet March 7. No food just 3-4 shakes a day and sf Popsicles:(

Best of luck to all of us. Anybody from this area?

My date is March 12th. I do not have to do a preop diet. I was told to only lose about 8 pounds before surgery since I have a lower BMI. HW 225. CW 215 GW 135. I have sleep apnea. I also have a large hiatal hernial that they will be repairing at the same time. I will be happy when that is fixed as the reflux problem is horrible! I am scared to death of failing!

Sorry, Paul. This is harder than it looks. I have to go through pages of comments and in some cases try to decipher what is being said, and find a date buried within the messages. I must have missed your first post and I apologize. I have said multiple times that people can feel free to message me if I made any mistakes or omitted anyone. Or people can feel free to edit the list themselves and re-post it. I don't 'own' the list, it's here for everyone.

BigDaddyJoe, you forgot me on your list. You were asking why there's not more guys, then forget one of the guys on here! I forgive you, this time! I'm scheduled for March 11.

I started my pre-op diet today. I'm supposed to start on Monday, but after I finished up my 3 months of supervised diet and getting my insurance approval I kind of started to panic about not being able to eat anymore and went on a rampage. I put back on a bunch of the weight I lost in the supervised diet. Then two days ago Girl Scout Cookies showed up. Nothing screams temptation like 2,200 boxes of delicious Girl Scout cookies sitting in your living room staring you in the face. After eating three boxes of cookies in two days I decided I needed to kickstart my pre-op diet a couple days early, so here I am.

Today went well. I had three Protein Shakes and for dinner I had about 1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti with 1/2 cut of meat sauce. I haven't had any soda today either! I usually drink about a 6 pack of diet per day so it is going to be tough to kick that habit too. I did have two cups of coffee today though. Baby steps I guess. I figure getting off the caffeine will be easier if I do it slowly.

Good luck March sleevers!

Newest list, hopefully I got everyone so far.

1 SKgirl27, Kaleen, racoon_439, Sumsuz68, MzNikkiG, KanesMom, linzwalker30

2 Tryingtobringsexyback, TeriMoBeri

4 Lmariewj, Leo815, Just1Girl, JeffNNJ, mattsbelly, dinky, Garlandfam, Joeseph Intravaia, Fifty&Hippy, shakur154, ItsmeTae, Readyforthisjourney-Jen, boom2longhorns, d mixon

5 MissFae, teetani, gelen's_change, sr910, AFinch, duckie913, AceMan8, pollyp

6 bringiton, Presher87, dustdog77, simonetwentynine, pammie37, newat52, girlinthrmirrorme

7 Mommielissa06, Jenniferg, ashley18, Misconduct, Bvl, krissj, MoniqueA97, jody73, purplemoonflower123, pnkhart, cresh78, Mini_Me_23, GAmom, HypnotizingHazel, lilstyler, carrie43

8 Courtney, toya3901, pacificpeach, BigDaddyJoe, st2011, alanah

11 Caspinelli712, chrissyatthebeach, Liljulz202, ARenee99, jenah, ginamaria, LeesaDee, Pepper Paul, thatgirl

12 PeacockMama, onelessfatgirl, HollyMc63, brandy88, Malexa03

13 SerendipityHappens, adoptmom2_3, PressOnward, erica hall, lotti, erica hall, my3kids4life

14 BigFatLoser, superstartover, Gwenny, traycrow83

15 futuresleever, Kodiesmom, dsdolls

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill, Leleboo, Zen, Rinamatie, LifeBackNye

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg, ignats639, paper1875

21 Reneetrom, Newnay, chantelleyxo, Ginger/Toby

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl, mykidsinspireme

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback, slidellsleever, turlinsen, CarrieP, tammy1970

26 Thistlegirl, thundathighsz

27 Oldnavee, tannak

28 Mlecompte, parker

29 stevie07, imdeborah, cindysc

31 Albertagirl1009

Newest list' date=' hopefully I got everyone so far.

1 SKgirl27, Kaleen, racoon_439, Sumsuz68, MzNikkiG, KanesMom, linzwalker30

2 Tryingtobringsexyback, TeriMoBeri

4 Lmariewj, Leo815, Just1Girl, JeffNNJ, mattsbelly, dinky, Garlandfam, Joeseph Intravaia, Fifty&Hippy, shakur154, ItsmeTae, Readyforthisjourney-Jen, boom2longhorns, d mixon

5 MissFae, teetani, gelen's_change, sr910, AFinch, duckie913, AceMan8, pollyp

6 bringiton, Presher87, dustdog77, simonetwentynine, pammie37, newat52, girlinthrmirrorme

7 Mommielissa06, Jenniferg, ashley18, Misconduct, Bvl, krissj, MoniqueA97, jody73, purplemoonflower123, pnkhart, cresh78, Mini_Me_23, GAmom, HypnotizingHazel, lilstyler, carrie43

8 Courtney, toya3901, pacificpeach, BigDaddyJoe, st2011, alanah

11 Caspinelli712, chrissyatthebeach, Liljulz202, ARenee99, jenah, ginamaria, LeesaDee, Pepper Paul, thatgirl

12 PeacockMama, onelessfatgirl, HollyMc63, brandy88, Malexa03

13 SerendipityHappens, adoptmom2_3, PressOnward, erica hall, lotti, erica hall, my3kids4life

14 BigFatLoser, superstartover, Gwenny, traycrow83

15 futuresleever, Kodiesmom, dsdolls

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill, Leleboo, Zen, Rinamatie, LifeBackNye

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg, ignats639, paper1875

21 Reneetrom, Newnay, chantelleyxo, Ginger/Toby

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl, mykidsinspireme

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback, slidellsleever, turlinsen, CarrieP, tammy1970

26 Thistlegirl, thundathighsz

27 Oldnavee, tannak

28 Mlecompte, parker

29 stevie07, imdeborah, cindysc

31 Albertagirl1009[/quote']

Hi I'm scheduled for Mar 20th

Actually, Pepper Paul, now that I've gone back through all 27 pages of this thread, and looked at your posting history on your profile, to see how I could have missed your post, I see that you haven't made any prior posts in this thread, so I didn't actually miss anything. And not sure how I was expected to know about you? I don't comb the entire site looking for March dates, only the people who have posted a firm (not tentative) date on THIS thread have been included on the list.

BigDaddyJoe, you forgot me on your list. You were asking why there's not more guys, then forget one of the guys on here! I forgive you, this time! I'm scheduled for March 11.

I started my pre-op diet today. I'm supposed to start on Monday, but after I finished up my 3 months of supervised diet and getting my insurance approval I kind of started to panic about not being able to eat anymore and went on a rampage. I put back on a bunch of the weight I lost in the supervised diet. Then two days ago Girl Scout Cookies showed up. Nothing screams temptation like 2,200 boxes of delicious Girl Scout cookies sitting in your living room staring you in the face. After eating three boxes of cookies in two days I decided I needed to kickstart my pre-op diet a couple days early, so here I am.

Today went well. I had three Protein Shakes and for dinner I had about 1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti with 1/2 cut of meat sauce. I haven't had any soda today either! I usually drink about a 6 pack of diet per day so it is going to be tough to kick that habit too. I did have two cups of coffee today though. Baby steps I guess. I figure getting off the caffeine will be easier if I do it slowly.

Good luck March sleevers!

Oh no! My surgery is Friday (I leave on Thursday) and my 7 year old just woke up with a fever. Please don't let me get sick! I will die is my surgery has to be rescheduled AND have to do my 2 week pre op diet again. Don't get sick, don't get sick. Don't get sick!

I sympathize with you, Sumsuz68! My 5 year old daughter has been in the hospital since Friday because her vomiting turned into vomiting blood. This morning my 11 year old son started vomiting. I'm scheduled for my EGD tomorrow, and cardiac stress test on Tuesday. I was already cutting it close, as my surgery is In 12 days (March 8), and there's no time to reschedule anything if I get sick. Praying!

Oh, bigdaddyjoe. I'm so sorry about you poor daughter (and son). I hope they recover quickly Nd you don't get it. Praying for us both!

March 11th is just around the corner and I really am getting nervous but I do see that most of you March sleevers feel the same way, excited and nervous at the same time. I had a rough weekend, everyone in my family wants toe eat out and this is making me crazy. Even some of my friends get made that I will not go out to eat with them. I just do not want any temptations at this point and even after my surgery. I just need to NOT think about food. I hope my so called support family and friends stop and be the support I need.