Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your "slow loss" success!

You are all amazing. I think I want to try the 5:2 plan tosay is my first fasting day how are all the past a year sleevers doing? What things have you guys tried to help with those last pounds (in my case like 35 pounds)

I am in the slow loser club as well. I started at 242 pre-sugery, 222 at sugery date and almost 8 months later have lost 67 post surgery with a grand total of 87 from my highest putting me at a happy with my slow success weight of 155. I go in spurts. I can be stalled for 3 weeks to a month and then lose 2 in a week. I was concerned that my losses would slow even more the closer I got to goal which is 142 but I seem to still be losing at a consistent pace albeit slow but Im fine with it. It hasnt bothered me one bit. I take my measurements every month and even if the scale doesnt move, I still see inches lost which is exciting. I more concentrate on finding cute clothes rather than what I lose than on the scale. Ill be happy when I get to 142 but my doctor says he would like to see me around 130 - 135 because Im only 5'4.

I attempted to add pictures below so I hope they show up :) The first pic is at my highest of 242 and the second was taken a few days ago at 155.

Looking good Bunny!!!

Quick update on my very slow loss.....I still haven't reached goal, but I'm a little closer. In my recent push as of a month ago or so, I was 8-9 pounds from goal. As of yesterday, I'm only 4 pounds from goal. I've cut back a little on the calories and the carbs as well as doing an extra cardio session each week. It's not awful, but I do find myself hungrier than before. When/if I reach goal, I'm going to cut back on the cardio, lift more and add back in just a few more cals/carbs to concentrate on muscle/strength again as that is what I prefer. This "goal weight" is my last remaining goal to reach from my surgery, so I want to get it done. Now a little closer.....

Looking good Bunny!!!

Quick update on my very slow loss.....I still haven't reached goal, but I'm a little closer. In my recent push as of a month ago or so, I was 8-9 pounds from goal. As of yesterday, I'm only 4 pounds from goal. I've cut back a little on the calories and the carbs as well as doing an extra cardio session each week. It's not awful, but I do find myself hungrier than before. When/if I reach goal, I'm going to cut back on the cardio, lift more and add back in just a few more cals/carbs to concentrate on muscle/strength again as that is what I prefer. This "goal weight" is my last remaining goal to reach from my surgery, so I want to get it done. Now a little closer.....

In your case, I think it's purely a "check the box" thing! I'm pretty sure the other drastic changes you've made and your fitness level now put you in a far better place than many of us!

~Cheri

In your case, I think it's purely a "check the box" thing! I'm pretty sure the other drastic changes you've made and your fitness level now put you in a far better place than many of us!

~Cheri

It's definitely a "check the box" thing for me and that's about all it is....or was. But now it's become "personal". I'm so close to goal weight now....I can smell it. :) I feel I still have a way to go fitness-wise, but thank you. I'm sure I've lost a bit of muscle during this recent trim down.....so I'd like to gain that back after I get to goal and settle in around the mid-220's. I'll check back in a few weeks and we'll see.....

I do appreciate this thread Cheri....as does about every one else on here. It's very therapeutic and you have a good reasonable approach towards it all. Thank you and you're looking great!

I'm a slow and steady loser. I'm 6mo 1wk out from surgery and I've generally lost 1-2 pounds a week after the first month. I decided to challenge myself to stay on program (64ou+ Water, 60g+ Protein, 30m+ exercise, and track all food) until my birthday next week. I started a week ago and weighed in today and I lost 4.5 pounds!! I didn't do anything hugely different, but I think the combination really helped get the scale moving. I also exercised 4 days for more than 60 min (30 min was walking at 17min mile pace).

SW(1/17/13) 265

HW (10/15/12) 273

CW (7/25/13) 195

Height 5'11"

Goal 175

I am a slow looser too! What I love about this surgery is that I am still loosing. I am 5 months out and lost 64 lbs. I'm not the classic "I've lost 100lbs in 4-6 months. But slowly and surely.

I do get less encouraged if I try to compare myself.

Cheri, I am encouraged by your post and others

Like you.

Five months for me and 75lbs lost. Not super fast but not really that slow either.

In five months I have gone from wearing size 20 dress pants to putting on a pair of size 8.

I still have 25 to go and I'm slowing way down. But I'm okay with that. Even if I don't get to 150 I'm okay with that too. How I feel now is exponentially better then how I felt five months ago. If I make goal by a year that will just be icing on the cake.

So' date=' I just thought I'd update my status on this thread. I reached goal yesterday. It took 2 years and 23 days, but I finally hit 225 pounds lost. I started at 375 and now weigh 150. Slow? I guess that depends on how you look at it. I didn't lose it all in a year and I didn't stop when it got hard, but I did it.

[/url]

Candy reached goal weight by   CandyTX , on Flickr

Awesome job!

I think i posted here before but will update, and hope to inspire those feeling like "slow losers"! My VSG was 10/25/12.

My Dr has been very happy with my loss at each appt, saying 7-10 lbs a month for VSG is very good. Started at sz 22/24 and now, sz 16's are LOOSE! Go figure! Being heavy my ENTIRE life i cannot believe my clothing sizes are going down like this! I wish I was one of the "100 lbs in 4 months" girls but it just isn't happening. Hey, at least we're LOSING slowly but surely. One day we'll step on the scale and be at GOAL!! Best wishes to all as we continue our journey.

VSG 10/25/12

SW 300

CW 220

F/51

5''10"

The first 6 months I lost 100 lbs then when I lost my job I gained 30 lbs because I kept eating so many slider foods due to depression. Now I've lost 10 lbs of that and trying to go back down with a new lifestyle change of eating low carb and high Protein.

What are "slider foods"?

So' date=' I just thought I'd update my status on this thread. I reached goal yesterday. It took 2 years and 23 days, but I finally hit 225 pounds lost. I started at 375 and now weigh 150. Slow? I guess that depends on how you look at it. I didn't lose it all in a year and I didn't stop when it got hard, but I did it.

[/url]

Candy reached goal weight by   CandyTX , on Flickr

Congratulations! You look great!

So, I have a specific request for those still following the thread:

Can you list any stalls and how long they were?

I did it in my detailed original post, but I want to see what we get. I know that stall posts are inevitable, but we see so many people that just don't bother to flip to page two or three to see this post and get reassurance. Listing them here will not only put the details out there for when we're long gone from these boards but it will also keep the thread alive and out there to keep motivating folks that are feeling discouraged.

I stalled around 6 months for 9 weeks.

I stalled somewhere between 9-12 months for 9 weeks.

I regularly "stall" for nearly three weeks a month.

My loss pattern has always been slow, something I find just as frustrating as anyone else, I assure you! It's also hard for me to accept sometimes that all I get as a "reward" for a week's hard work is to see four tenths of a pound drop away.

As I slowly work those last seven baby pounds off to return to my initial goal weight, I get just as frustrated as someone that expected to reach goal by 9 months to a year post op.

I sometimes have to re-read these posts, too, for reassurance that it was slow going the first time and will eventually happen again.

Thanks again to everyone that has and will contribute here.

~Cheri