Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

It would be intreresting to know if the mood on this thread varies based on whether the writer is needing a fill! Just kidding.

LOL-so instead of PMS, we have PFS? :)

You crack me up! I can confirm that needing a fill and feeling hungry makes me as bitchy as when I had PMS! People watch out~!

Mouse: I do think that the media is patently biased in their reporting. When I was young reporters were bound to a code (that I thought was enforced by law) of reporting the facts with no political leanings whatsoever. I think this mess all started with them figuring out that if using the word "CRASH!" instead of "accident" brought more listeners or readers, then embellishing "CRASH!" was even better.

Then they started analyzing the President's address afterwards, then analyzing the speeches at the election conventions, and after that it was katy bar the door!

I don't know why responsibility in reporting became a thing of the past and why they aren't all held to a standard set of rules. It is very hard to read a newspaper or magazine or watch the nightly news without feeling insulted these days.

I do know that in England and a few other places around the world, print journalism reveals that there is a lot offered up in the dailies that is pure gossip and entertainment. When you speak with the British however, they seem politically astute compared to what you think most men-on-the-street in America would be.

With all the biased reporting of the news and all of the slanted talk shows that try to pass off commentary as news in the U.S., it's a wonder any of us knows exactly what's going on here. Americans aren't all that stupid though and they proved that in the last elections. So as ugly as it has become, at least we are aware enough of the situation for us to be discussing it here, and surely we are a decent cross-section of the general population.

I'm probably weird, but when I really want to find out something, I check out all kinds of sources...I check news sites, then left-leaning, then right-leaning (not that I believe the news site are neutral)...usually, after reading all of them, you can draw a conclusion about what might be going on. Even though I am conservative, I can recognize spin when it is spinning right...and I would hope that all of us could learn to recognize extremes and bias, regardless of our point of view. If we don't, and if we continue to be the sedated audience of the media, accepting everything as presented and unchallenged, we are in for some big trouble. We may already be there.

"What if" things are going better in Iraq than we are being shown? It has already been pointed out that sectarian violence has been common in that country, unless a brutal dictator was in place...so, even though there is an upswing in truck bombs and the like, "what if" the people continue to be hopeful that the situation is actually improving? They did turn out to vote, in three different elections.

Hey, did you guys read the article in this month's Vanity Fair? Truly new info. An interview of the think tank power guys who advised Bush about Iraq! Really fascinating. Here's an example...They told him before he went into Iraq that he should train an Iraqui exile force of troops who would then go in with US backing and save Iraq from Saddam...so that they would be seen as liberators rather than US occupiers, thereby decreasing the possibility and strength of civil war. They said that they thought Bush got it, but ultimately he didn't understand the concept.

Betsy: Do you really believe he didn't understand the concept? He's dumb, but certainly not that dumb. He wanted us to be an occupying force in Iraq, he wanted to be in control. I don't have to explain why, do I? He also wanted us to seem mean and threatening. The old big bully concept of scaring the terrorists. See how smart and effective that has been? The only thing we've truly accomplished with this attack on Iraq is control of oil - oh and as a by-product, we got rid of the man we placed in power there many years ago. Yea us.

BJean: I agree with you. The think tank guys seem to believe that he was too dumb to understand the details and concepts so he bullied because it was all he could understand to do. They also see Condi Rice as being bright, but having no objectivity about Bush, slipping at parites and calling him her husband, spending all her off time at Crawford for years.... But the strategies they proposed way back when are fascinating! A good read. Now the problem is we've lost credibility and might with just about everybody, and that may hurt us more than Iraq! I think history is going to see this as a turning point for America, in a tragic way.

BetsyJane: The first turning point should have been when we allowed the Republican party to do what they did to the highly popular, elected and sitting President, Bill Clinton. Next the elections scams that went down all over the country. We let that happen with no fall out to speak of. Then we gave G.W. the power to take our nation into war without the direct vote of the entire Congress. That allows those folks the ability to shrug their shoulders now and shake their heads and make the President take all the heat. He deserves heat but they do too.

Actually being a person who grew up with the assassinations of John Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy and with questionable government or political involvement in several other deaths surrounding those assassinations, I tend to think that some people in this country will do anything to get and stay in power. If the rest of us peaceniks want to keep sticking our heads in the sand and not stand up for what's right and good in this nation, we will continue to get whatever they deal out.

The best analogy I can think of right this moment is when there is a person in a company who is willing to lie and do crooked things in order to get ahead, and their closest adversary is an honest person who sticks to a strong personal code of ethics, the cheater will win most of the time. I'm not saying that the bad person won't someday pay for his dirty rotten ways, but if they're willing to do most anything, right or wrong, they can usually figure out a way to stay in power over those who are not willing to compromise their moral standards. So although I get really crazy thinking about how timid and beaten down the Democrats behave, I am proud that for the most part they are not willing to stoop to the level of the dirtier party.

powrby_google_top.gif

sdc_powered_by.gif

This is the FAILURE search I have been telling you all to do! Look what the 1st thing is! Tee Hee!:eek:

What are you searching for at EarthLink? (e.g., access numbers)

search_button.gif

box_corner_left.gifbox_corner_right.gif

b2(); http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/search.earthlink.dart/search_sky;abr=!ie;kw=failure;sz=160x600;tile=2;ord=66003729?

EarthLink Local Search FAILURE

Get information, maps and more for places in your neighborhood. Powered by Google.

searchlogo_pwrdby_19_trans.gifWeb Results 1 - 10 of about 261,000,000. Search took 0.03 seconds.

BJean-I suspect we are around the same age. My husband and I have marveled at the NeoCon Republicans antics for the past few years, and have muttered, "If it were the 60's, EVERYBODY would be in the streets!

BetsyJane: Amen! I guess that's why I'm so appalled that we (including my fat you-know-which part of my anatomy) sits here and takes it.

BetsyJane: The first turning point should have been when we allowed the Republican party to do what they did to the highly popular, elected and sitting President, Bill Clinton.

I loved Bill Clinton....voted for him twice...couldn't get enough of him. But I'm reading a book about Bill and Hillary and their marriage. It's a real eye-opener. It doesn't change my politics, but it sure reaffirms something I have long suspected: that a man has a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to control one at a time.

I loved Bill Clinton....voted for him twice...couldn't get enough of him. But I'm reading a book about Bill and Hillary and their marriage. It's a real eye-opener. It doesn't change my politics, but it sure reaffirms something I have long suspected: that a man has a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to control one at a time.

That is the exact truth! I love Bill, and Hillary is a strong woman. She should be the next president. (one can wish right?) :)