Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

Thanks! I'm new to this site to learn about lap-banding. Now I know this is a political commentary site, with some very ignorant people. I won't need to come back here again.

Bitter doesn't need my help, but Missy4 was your Dad ever responsible for sending American troops into combat? I believe Bitter's point was that GW didn't put his ass on the line for his country, but he hasn't hesitated one second to put thousands of other American asses on the line in Iraq.

Did your Dad show up to do his job when he was in the military? I believe the point was also made earlier in this thread that GW just didn't even show up.

How does your Dad's service to our country (combat or not) compare in any way with George W. Bush's?

Just a few words. I havnt read all the posts in this thread but thought I should chime in. Im not a politically knowledgeable person (still watching sesame street with the 3 yo)and I dont watch or read the numerous news programs etc. so I certainly dont consider myself capable of commenting on Bush's stupidity etc. but I am an american and a patriotic person. I find myself confused as to how people can bash the predient and support our troops. I know first hand that information gets back to the troops and seriously crushes there moral. My nephew served 2 terms in Iraq as a marine, we prayed for him daily and thank god he is home now and discharged from the corp. unfortunatly he was injured and will deal with that for the rest of his life. I could never make a single statment bashing the war or soldiers etc. (they are one in the same) as I said earlier I dont know about all the hype around this war (I really couldnt watch news coverage as my nephew was there) I only know its my duty as an american to support each and every soldier fighting for my freedom, they deserve at least that. I vote in every election, not as a rep/dem or ind. but for the individual that has the same beliefs as me (or as close as possible) i base my decision on specifics not on tv hype, biased articals etc. simply on the issues. I believe as an american its everybodys right to believe whatever they want and of course say whatever they want I just hope everyone understands evan if they dont support the specifics of the war our soldiers are there to protect your right to do just that lets support them and respect those that have given there lives. Thanks for letting me vent.:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

Thanks! I'm new to this site to learn about lap-banding. Now I know this is a political commentary site, with some very ignorant people. I won't need to come back here again.

Well, you will miss a lot of VERY good advice if you do so. Yes, there are threads about politics and sometimes general venting, in this "rant and rave" section. But there are tons of threads about lapbanding as well.

"Rants and Raves" is a forum for just that - ranting and raving about stuff/life in general. It is not a Lap Band forum. We are all very conscientious about keeping non-band topics off the band forums. Please respect our right to post appropriate (that means ANYTHING) views in this section of LB Talk.

And don't be calling us "ignorant". Name-calling is against the rules, in ANY forum.

Thus reducing the team roster on the "very ignorant people" side. Keep up the good work.

Yet, insulting a new member of LBT, just because he/she did not agree with your views, is not a problem. Ironic, to say the least.

There might have been a kinder way to handle this. This response: "Thus reducing the team roster on the 'very ignorant people' side. Keep up the good work" is flat out rude, I don't care who you are.

Flame away.

I could never make a single statment bashing the war or soldiers etc. (they are one in the same)

They are absolutely NOT one and the same. I respect and support our troops worldwide. I know that they are doing the job they were ordered to do. I know that they had nothing to do with the decision to invade Iraq. I pray for their safe return. I have been on flights with men/women in uniform since the war began and cheered and clapped louder than anyone else on the plane. My son was in Iraq twice and I know how HARD it is to have your child on the other side of the world, in harm's way. It isn't us bring-'em-home types who have no regard for the troops, hon....it's BUSH. His "honor" is on the line and he won't back down, no matter how many young men and women die as a result of his horrific error in judgment. I want to keep them alive - each and every one of them....how much more supportive can you get?

[=itsuptome;337176]I vote in every election, not as a rep/dem or ind. but for the individual that has the same beliefs as me (or as close as possible) i base my decision on specifics not on tv hype, biased articals etc. simply on the issues.

Personally, I think invading a country under false pretenses - a country that had not made one single hostile, overt move in our direction - could be considered "specific".

I think lining the pockets of drug manufacturing companies at the expense of the elderly by not allowing Medicare Part D to negotiate for lower wholesale drug prices is pretty "specific".

I think blowing through the national surplus that he inherited from Clinton and putting us billions and billions of dollars in debt is very "specific".

Or not....maybe I'm just too broad minded to be a Republican.

Yet, insulting a new member of LBT, just because he/she did not agree with your views, is not a problem. Ironic, to say the least.

There might have been a kinder way to handle this. This response: "Thus reducing the team roster on the 'very ignorant people' side. Keep up the good work" is flat out rude, I don't care who you are.

Flame away.

Not that I don't agree that rudeness should not be met with rudeness, the response that poster got wasn't because of their not agreeing with anyone's views. Since I don't think they posted what "side" they were on.

There might have been a kinder way to handle this.

Probably....but it was bnorth who initiated the name-calling - something that I take great exception to, as well.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out. That's my motto. And it has nothing to do with whether someone agrees with my views or not. Unless bnorth is under the age of, oh, 10 or so....he/she should know better than to call people names. It's rude. It's childish. It's uncalled for. Being a new member is not an excuse for behaving badly.

Thanks for your response Carlene and I totally agree, as I said in my post I certainly dont consider myself educated on the war or current political situations, I stopped watching when my nephew was deployed the first time I just broke my heart and wounded my being to watch it. I am absolutly against war and violance that being said I just cant bring myself to be negative. I have letter after letter from my nephew during his second deployment telling me of the negative press/people protesting here in the states was terrible for their moral. (please excuse my sp. I went to az schools, that should explain, lol) For me it feels the same to protest but I respect you and your opinion, that is what america is about. I would never bash you or anyone opinions that were different than mine. In the last election I felt there was no go choice and voted for the best of the worst in my opinion. Trying to stay true to key issues for me, ie stem cell research, gun control, abortion and a few others. I may be simple minded or nieve, if thats the case so be it (i inherited it from my mother, lol).

Anyway, I completly appreciate your response and respect all of your opinions. Thanks what being american is about right?! Also, I have read much of your story and find your 92# soooo inspirational as that is just about where I started and hope to have as much success as you.

One more thing, Kudos to you for raising a son with loyalty and respect for his country. Evan though we may not have the same opinions on the presidency I repsect that and hope I am raising my son with the same patriotism.

please someone tell what does this all have to do with wls (gastric banding)? i am not seeing the connection here.

please someone tell what does this all have to do with wls (gastric banding)? i am not seeing the connection here.

There is no need for there to be a connection at all in posts in this section or in the Lounge. People spend a lot of time getting to know one another on this site, so there are sections where we can talk about OTHER subjects as well. There's plenty of room here for all sorts of conversations. That's what makes life interesting!

PJ...

This Forum - "Rants and Raves" - is for threads that are NOT necessarily WLS related. It's for blowing off steam, expressing yourself, crying, whining, gathering advice, etc.

Some people love it....some hate it. That's okay. No one has to participate if they don't want to. As long as they allow the rest of us to vent our spleen. In the nicest possible way, of course.

thanks for the clarification everyone. there are all types & kinds of people in this world of ours, obviously. thats what makes living in america so great.

very interesting points of view on this thread, i must say.

take care & god bless, pj