Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

And I believe that the total number of deaths on 9/11 was 3,000.
Sickening to know that the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq is approaching that number. All those people dead for what?

Oh, my...how quickly we forget. Bill Clinton was vilified by all the talking heads for ordering bombing raids on Iraq. Remember the phrase "trying to wag the dog"? Remember all the Republicans screaming, "He's a madman. He's trying to start a war with Iraq." Now he's a coward for not doing MORE? Please...use a little consistency.

THANK YOU!! I was going to make that same point this morning.

And if I hear much more 'warnings' to the dems to not waste the country's time with impeachment hearings, I'll scream.

Not that I'm saying I want them, I think it would be a bad idea. But for those who supported hearings against Clinton, during a time when distracting him encouraged terrorists(IMHO) over his sex life no less say we shouldn't distract Bush and the country over a war that has killed about 3,000 of our troops, it just drives me nuts.

And during the Clinton admin, there were indeed terrorists who actually attacked the US brought to justice.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm

I just wonder how people who watched four planes murder over 5000 innocent people say that WAR was not needed????

Wait.. now exactly how is Iraq related to 9/11?

Oh, my...how quickly we forget. Bill Clinton was vilified by all the talking heads for ordering bombing raids on Iraq. Remember the phrase "trying to wag the dog"? Remember all the Republicans screaming, "He's a madman. He's trying to start a war with Iraq." Now he's a coward for not doing MORE? Please...use a little consistency.

Oh, and do you remember what the Reps in congress had to say when Clinton requested expended powers for things like wiretapping?

http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/30/clinton.terrorism/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton urged Congress Tuesday to act swiftly in developing anti-terrorism legislation before its August recess.

"We need to keep this country together right now. We need to focus on this terrorism issue," Clinton said during a White House news conference.

But while the president pushed for quick legislation, Republican lawmakers hardened their stance against some of the proposed anti-terrorism measures.

Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, doubted that the Senate would rush to action before they recess this weekend. The Senate needs to study all the options, he said, and trying to get it done in the next three days would be tough.

One key GOP senator was more critical, calling a proposed study of chemical markers in explosives "a phony issue."

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, emerged from the meeting and said, "These are very controversial provisions that the White House wants. Some they're not going to get."

Hatch called Clinton's proposed study of taggants -- chemical markers in explosives that could help track terrorists -- "a phony issue."

"If they want to, they can study the thing" already, Hatch asserted. He also said he had some problems with the president's proposals to expand wiretapping.

Sorry, Guys. I just have to retouch the anti-Christ thing again. I know it is a little off subject but Jesus never mentioned an Antichrist. Did you know?

Paul came up with the concept of an Antichrist in II Thessalonians 2:3. John is credited with the title in I John 2:18

Jesus only ever mentioned the false-prophets and false-messiahs preceding judgment day. If you love the red print, you can breathe a little easier.

I was never into the idea that Iraq was a priority.

I used to catch a lot of hell for sharing my opinions. I live near a military installation and remember that security had been tightened on and off for years because we bombed Afghanistan on a semi-regular basis. Funny it never made the local news. hmmm :peep:

Originally Posted by JMO viewpost.gif

All of you that are pissed about the war ask yourself WHY? Your ass is not over there....

As a vet who has been to Iraq, I am pissed about a useless war - we invaded a soveriegn nation who had NOTHING to do with 9/11 because our president decided he needed a target for his temper tantrum. The no-fly zones had kept saddam in his box quite nicely...and I have a right to be pissed - I went once and my husband went twice - so put that in your crack and smoke it. And yes, Morsaille, you're right about the security/bombing thing...lived through it myself...

I just wish I belived that Dubya was having a temper tantrum when he decided to put our people (living, breathing American men and woman) in Iraq. I believe it had much more to do with lining his and others' pockets with gold. Which is much, much worse than a temper tantrum.

Most temper tantrums subside over a period of time, once rationality has had a chance to set in. Well it has been long enough and obvious enough for G.W. to come to his senses. But he just keeps on being responsible for the loss of American life and limb in Iraq. When he went there and the media recorded our soldiers embracing him, I wanted to throw up - not PB mind you - but actual gut wrenching vomit.

What kind of person can do that? I can only conclude that he sold out long before he took office. He agreed to do this dirty work, come hell or high Water, and as repayment he gets to hold the highest office in the land and he gets to become wealthy in the process. It's politics at its' finest.

From all that I have heard running a presidential campaign is very, very expensive and many of the major contributors are big business interests. This would imply that whoever has won the office has already mortgaged it out.

Of course he sold out - how else could he have become president? Its not as if he were a success at anything he tried before this - and for those of you that throw up the Texas governorship - TX governors have no real power - its the Lt governor and the legislature...all those big oil/big business interests are making billions, and so will he and his cronies once his tenure in office is done...may it be sooner rather than later...

I usually try to stay out of this kind of stuff, but I have a question.

For all those saying that the Iraq war is necessary in response to the attack on 9/11, I ask this; The death count from 9/11 is roughly 3000 people, with a number above that wounded. How is what we are doing in Iraq justified by that (especially since it's the [wrong country]), when the Iraqi death tole is about 150,000, with countless more wounded?

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/09/iraq/main2165206.shtml

I'd also like to add, that I don't think that it's unpatriotic to disagree with your President, and I don't think that it's dishonorable to our troops to think that the war is the wrong thing, and that it can't be won. I have an insane amount of respect for our military, and they are doing what their Commander in Chief tells them to do, and I think he told them the wrong thing to do.

pa‧tri‧ot  /ˈpeɪtriət, -ˌɒt or, especially Brit., ˈpætriət/ Pronunciation Key - [pey-tree-uht, -ot or, especially Brit., pa-tree-uht] –noun

1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, esp. of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

It just struck me. Why was GWB in the ALABAMA National Guard? He's from Texas and the Northeast, so why in the world would he be in the Alabama National Guard? That strikes me as very odd. I suspect Daddy helped him out there. As a Vietnam era person, I know men did all sorts of things to get out of the military, including signing up for the National Guard, which required some major parental pull to get in. But no one I know would have signed up for the National Guard in another state, and only an idiot would sign up for the National Guard in Alabama which was having all sorts of racial problems at the time. Maybe the Alabama National Guard had some openings. Very few other state National Guards had any at the time. But I suspect some sort of collusion. Another thing that chills me is the idea of GWB flying an actual fighter plane. You have to have brains to do that. Of course, I've only seen a picture of him in the cockpit and have no information that he ever actually flew a plane. I hope not. They cost a whole lot of money that we pay for. But my understanding is that he only showed up for a few days anyway so we were safe there. One of my high school friends is still MIA in Vietnam, one is insane, and one died, yet GWB never had to go over there. That irritates me, especially when he so cavalierly declared war on Iraq with no proof that Iraq had done anything to deserve it. Now we are in a such a serious mess that I don't think we can get out without destroying Iraq. My guess is that we'll get out, and Iraq will find another strongman to be dictator. People want order and basic security and we're certainly not providing that for them. Another dictator will do that, so I'm thinking that will be the future scenario. Democracy won't be the question. Whether we can install a dictator who is friendly to us will be the biggest problem. The worst case scenario is a dictator who is friendly to Iran, and al Sadr seems to be poised to take over. I don't think the ordinary U.S. citizen has any idea of how radical the Iranian clerics are. They are nuts, but they are very smart nuts. As we know from Hannibal the Cannibal, there is very little more frightening than a smart nut.

Rather than writing a lengthy response to everyone's replies, I'll just say this in answer to the topic's title: No, he's not the worst. He's definitely not the best, but he's not the worst, either.

That is all. :^P

Rather than writing a lengthy response to everyone's replies, I'll just say this in answer to the topic's title: No, he's not the worst. He's definitely not the best, but he's not the worst, either.

That is all. :^P

My brother-in-law has worked at the Pentagon for over 30 years. His nomination for worst ever President of the US is George W Bush.

Gotta jump in here... if GW isn't the worst according to you, who is? His father? Or have you forgotten how GHW used his power to do things through Ollie North and others that were immoral and illegal? In this case the apple doesn't seem to fall far from the tree.

Just because people like Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson and Ollie North say that GW is not a bad person, doesn't make it so. It only means that they are cut from the same cloth as he is... willing to do whatever they deem necessary for personal gain.

Surely to God mainstream Republicans can finally agree that what we're doing in Iraq is wrong. All anyone has to do is watch what is going on there. Of course that doesn't seem to cause GW pause. He's still insisting that we're staying the course. If he were a Democrat, he would have been impeached or assassinated by now. Oh yeah, he has had an overwhelming Republican Congress to back him up. And if you have opposing convictions, you're labeled by them to be un-patriotic and disloyal to the troops. What a lousy thing... to use our military personnel and scream traitor to support your own arguments.

One of my high school friends is still MIA in Vietnam, one is insane, and one died, yet GWB never had to go over there. That irritates me,

My dad was in the ARMY at the time of the Vietnam war, but he didn't get sent over there. Hmmm, he must be a war dodger too, or maybe he just followed the orders he was given, perhaps.....

Sorry to irritate you that not every man/person in the military (at the time) went to Vietnam. I'll be sure to tell my dad that his service didn't really count if he didn't actually go into combat.