Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5'5" Women....what is your goal weight or size?

I am 5'5 and now weigh 173. I don't think I look it at all and no one believes me when i tell them. i think it is all in your body structure. My goal was 147 but already my collarbones are sticking out, my shoulders look bony the only place I have any "extra" is my middle, I have lost 121 pounds and I think atleast 10 pounds is skin. I'm going to lose another 15 more then see. I am having my muscle mass measured in February and I think that will be when I decide my final goal.

Don't get stuck on a #. It's too stressful!

I posted this same question when i was starting out and did not hear from anyone far out from surgery. I hope this helps and/or motivates you.

I'm 5'5" with a large frame and am down to 146lbs. My original goal was 135' date=' but feel its way too small so I moved it to 140. I wear a size 6 and have 6 more lbs to go.

SW: 243.6

Surgery 3/13/12

I hope to make goal by my anniversary.

What I have learned over these last 10 months is that everyone's body is so different that you can't base your goal on anyone else your same height. You can definitely ball park it and use it as a guide, but your goal will change several times as you near the end and see your body change. This is going to come off as bragging and this is not my intention, but its important to share so you can understand what I mean. People tell me I'm too skinny and are shocked to learn I weigh 146 lbs. The perception of size other people have is that I'm in my 120's. I just happen to hold my weight evenly across my body so 146 on me, may not look like 146 on someone who carries it all in their gut. This is why your goal may change as you get closer to the end of your weight loss. You may need to lose a little more or less depending on your body type, not just height.

One more thing, I run a lot, but have not incorporated weight training yet into my regimine. I anticipate my weight to go up a bit from 140 with some added muscle mass or maybe I'll lose a little more and gain muscle. Who knows? This is all so new to me still.

I hope this was helpful and good luck in your journey.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I agree I think that was great advice

Check a BMI chart' date=' too.

One suggested estimate is 100 lbs for 5' tall, add 5 lbs for every inch over 5'.

That would be 120 lbs for 5'4" and 125 lbs for 5'5".[/quote']

You kno my doctor sad those Bmi chart aren't really in good cause they were based on a mans height and weight in general you kno women are alittle more curvy cause us to weigh more

You kno my doctor sad those Bmi chart aren't really in good cause they were based on a mans height and weight in general you kno women are alittle more curvy cause us to weigh more

I have wondered why the same scale is used for both genders.

When I think of my best friend who is 5'6" and weighs around 135, she looks very healthy and slim, not skinny.

When my mother was older she was 5'4" and 125 and still had a belly but looked healthy.

I guess some norms change, too ...as far as what generations find more attractive or healthy or acceptable.

I remember when I first started seeing muffin tops. It made no sense to me. My generation would not have done that at all.

This thread has been very eye opening for me.

At 5'3" my goal weight is 115 lbs. I don't know what that will look like' date=' but I'm halfway there from my pre-op weight. Right now I weigh 163 and am just under "obese" and am now classified at the high end of "overweight" on a BMI chart.

These weights that the 5'4" and 5'5' members are giving sound really high to me. Yes, I know everyone is different and don't carry their weight the same way, have different builds, etc. Still, this is really interesting and intrigues me. I'm not judging anyone at all. Its just that my perceptions have been jostled and I am pondering a few things, especially how I personally view what I think would be healthy or not healthy for me.[/quote']

I agree with you... The weights people are wanting to be at for their height seems kind of high and still considered being overweight for the height given.

I am 5-5 and my goal is 150! Yes this is probably a higher weight for my height but I chose this goal because I don't EVER remember weighing that much! I'm sure it will change as I get closer but that's my reasoning!

Oh and by the way, lol, I've had many goals leading up to that weight, my very first goal was to weigh less than my husband, that was a glorious victory;)

I am 5'5" and my goal is 132 lbs. I'll be 49 yrs old in March so I think I'll be happy with anywhere between 132 lbs and 142 lbs though we shall see!!

There is more to a goal weigjt then height. Those of you that thing goal weights are too high should consider that not everyone is the same. I weigh 169 righy now solid size 10/medium tips and I am pretty muscular and have a big frame . I would like to be a size 6/8 which will likely still be a heaviet weight.

I have been obese since childhood and have weighed over 300# for many years. 115 is just not realistic nor healthiest for me. I know I will end up in the 140-150s range.

There is more to a goal weigjt then height. Those of you that thing goal weights are too high should consider that not everyone is the same. I weigh 169 righy now solid size 10/medium tips and I am pretty muscular and have a big frame . I would like to be a size 6/8 which will likely still be a heaviet weight.

I have been obese since childhood and have weighed over 300# for many years. 115 is just not realistic nor healthiest for me. I know I will end up in the 140-150s range.

I am 5'5 sleeved 1/8/13 want to get down to 135 from 312

I am 5'5 my current weight is 326. My bmi is 54. My goal is 200, im sure that will seem crazy to most. I don't look my weight now and fear i will look sick/wierd if I'm too small. I hope when I look in the mirror I will know what looks good.

I want to be 150. Originally I thought 175 also and i think I do look good at that weight but for my body type I think 150 is the healthy normal bmi for me.

BMI charts can suck it! Sorry, I couldn't resist, they just make me mad. I am 5' 3 1/2" and if I weighed at bottom of my BMI I would be around 115. That would be sickly. When I got married I was 145. I haven't set my goal for 145 because I don't want to be disappointed not to get there. Would I like to get back to my wedding weight? Meh. I am not sure if it is possible with the extra skin that I will have. I started at 278 and want to get to 165. Once I get to 165 I will go from there. I feel like 165 is attainable and I want to say that I MET my goal. That is important to me. Once I get to 165 I will re-evaluate if I want/need to go lower.

I agree with you... The weights people are wanting to be at for their height seems kind of high and still considered being overweight for the height given.

I don't think ppl should focus so much on height and weight I think it should be how you feel and look cause in 5'8 and I weigh 280 but looking at me everyone thinks I'm around 230 -250 me wanting wls surgery is silly to them as I carry my weight well so my 280 look different on same one else and feeling and looking good is what matter don't be put in to a box u could find your self very disappointed its about being realistic I decided not to set a overall goal but just small ones to help me on the way I see where that takes me ..surgery set for jan21

I am 5-5 and my goal is 150! Yes this is probably a higher weight for my height but I chose this goal because I don't EVER remember weighing that much! I'm sure it will change as I get closer but that's my reasoning!

Oh and by the way' date=' lol, I've had many goals leading up to that weight, my very first goal was to weigh less than my husband, that was a glorious victory;)[/quote']

Yes, you said it! My 1st goal was to surpass my husband too. I have many goals and as I pass them it gives my more motivation. Good luck!!