Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5'5" Women....what is your goal weight or size?

I just want to be a size 8 - whatever weight I am will be fine.

I love your post. I think I will go for that as well :)

I don't think ppl should focus so much on height and weight I think it should be how you feel and look cause in 5'8 and I weigh 280 but looking at me everyone thinks I'm around 230 -250 me wanting wls surgery is silly to them as I carry my weight well so my 280 look different on same one else and feeling and looking good is what matter don't be put in to a box u could find your self very disappointed its about being realistic I decided not to set a overall goal but just small ones to help me on the way I see where that takes me ..surgery set for jan21

That's true... I guess for me, I would still look big as I remember being around 180 and was still quite large, plus that's too close to 200 and I don't ever want to see a 2 in front of my weight again. I am not stuck on the #s but when I look in the mirror and at my body... And not look fat, that's when I will stop losing.

My excited just to get my surgery in may!!!! I'm 5'4'' and my highest wt was 325 and im gonna be thrilled jus to be able to see 200 mark. But I think 160 or 165 will be about right. Or I hope so :/

I'm 5' 5 1/2" and my goal weight is 145. That's what I weighed in college and I was really comfortable at that weight. Hopefully I'll make it!

My goal is to be light enough for my husband to not just lift me, carry me! Sexy! I'm 5'5" and shrinking (age 53). My surgeon asked me what me lowest weight was and I said, my wedding day (I was on the Diet Center plan) - 140 (size 10). I felt great! I told him my sister who is my build and height but always kept her weight in check, weighs bet. 130-138. he said, 'You'll be smaller than your sister!' whhhhhhaaaattt? That would be a miracle! But you never know-I never thought I'ld lose 70 pounds by New Years Eve when I was depressed, getting heavier by the second last July! If I lose another 30 by b'day in July (100 pounds!) I'll be 178 and prob. size 12. So psyched! I'm not obsessed with weighing myself or the scale, but from what I've read about others' success, it's hard to not try to compute which size will fit when- it's fun!

I'm 5'3 and 320 pounds. Do you guys know how much weight I can lose with VSG and will I stop at some point losing weight? I would like to get to 165 -170 but it says VSG will only help me lose 100 pounds. I'm curious to know if I lose a hundred will the other 35-45 pounds come off with exercise or doesn't it just stop atom automatically at 100pds?

I am 5'5 and my current weight is 199lbs! I started at 247lbs before surgery.I lost 29 lbs before surgery.I had my surgery on December 13th and a hernia repair.I would like to get to 150 or 145lbs.I am 32 and have a medium build,curvy,but pretty muscular so I feel this is an ideal weight for myself.Really being healthy and feeling better is the most important goal. :D

I am 5 5 and started at 209. I was sleeved 6/21/2012 and am at 160 now. My goal is 135. I am medium frame and 51. I dont ever remember being below 160 in my ENTIRE life, so I am shooting for 135,m toned and fit!

I'm 5'3 and 320 pounds. Do you guys know how much weight I can lose with VSG and will I stop at some point losing weight? I would like to get to 165 -170 but it says VSG will only help me lose 100 pounds. I'm curious to know if I lose a hundred will the other 35-45 pounds come off with exercise or doesn't it just stop atom automatically at 100pds?

It was women on her that said she lose 200 lbs look it up in search she has a video and every thing I think if you search 200 lb lose

I've been keeping active and the liquids have helped.

I'm 5'6" and have been within 5 lb.s of my goal weight (135) since March 2012.

I agree that goal weight is going to vary on the "look" you want to achieve ( I prefer long and lean), your heaviest weight, and how long you were at that weight. People who were heavier longer may have more extra skin and their weight bearing bones may be thicker.

Your age is a factor as well. When I was young, before I gained weight, I weighed 118-125. Anything over 125 and I had love handles and a muffin top over my jeans. Now if I weighed that little I don't think it would look good and I'm not sure I could maintain that weight either.

Little Miss Diva is not on the board as much anymore, but I recommend searching for her and checking her pics. I think she is 5'5" rocks around 160-170 and she looks fabulous.

Lynda

My goal is to be light enough for my husband to not just lift me, carry me! Sexy! I'm 5'5" and shrinking (age 53). My surgeon asked me what me lowest weight was and I said, my wedding day (I was on the Diet Center plan) - 140 (size 10). I felt great! I told him my sister who is my build and height but always kept her weight in check, weighs bet. 130-138. he said, 'You'll be smaller than your sister!' whhhhhhaaaattt? That would be a miracle! But you never know-I never thought I'ld lose 70 pounds by New Years Eve when I was depressed, getting heavier by the second last July! If I lose another 30 by b'day in July (100 pounds!) I'll be 178 and prob. size 12. So psyched! I'm not obsessed with weighing myself or the scale, but from what I've read about others' success, it's hard to not try to compute which size will fit when- it's fun!

I am 5'4", and shooting for 140lbs. Pre-surgery: 284; surgery weight (7/3/12) 273...current weight: 215. When I had my consultation with the doctor, and set an initial goal of 130-135lbs, I laughed out loud! We sort of settled on 140. At 215, I am wearing a size 16 (wore a size 14 skirt today!)...I have no idea what size I might wear down the road. Like some of you, I have been fat for a long time, and even have no concept of sizes below a 14. If I had to name a 'dream size', I would say an 8. Why? It's a single digit, and I don't remember ever wearing a single digit size.

Someone mentioned loving losing inches...I concur!

Hi I noticed you said you lost 20lbs 2weeks post op. I am getting sleeved tomorrow. Kind of nice to hear about your weight loss. Has is been steady or have you got slow points? Are you just walking or lifting weights too? The thought of being 170 sounds so good and eventually 150 would be even better. Good luck everyone!

Hi I just wanted to encourage you..... I am 2 months post plans have lost 60 lbs. I have heard the heavier tools (that is me) lose a bit faster.However, if you follow your surgeon's advise you will download lose.

Best wishes with your surgery!

I am 5-5 and my goal is 150! Yes this is probably a higher weight for my height but I chose this goal because I don't EVER remember weighing that much! I'm sure it will change as I get closer but that's my reasoning!

Oh and by the way' date=' lol, I've had many goals leading up to that weight, my very first goal was to weigh less than my husband, that was a glorious victory;)[/quote']

My first goal was that also! Know not just weighing less but alot less: even if I am shorter!

5'6 hoping to get to 170