Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foodlike products

I'm not comfortable with all the "lab created foods" we are supposed to ingest post op. I CAN and will, if its absolutely necessary, but I'd prefer not to. Artificial sweeteners, chemicals, etc. are so counter productive to a healthy lifestyle.

I'm not dogging those that do it. We do what we have to do, I just hope there is a way around it.

What about this? I have a juicer, how about I juice my own fruit and veggies and drink that? Maybe I won't tolerate the strong flavors? Maybe there's just no way to get in all the nutrition I need that way, with such a small stomach? Still, I don't know that I "buy" Protein Powder having more nutrition than freshly juiced greens and fruit.

Im just wanting to start out on the best foot possible and my body and brain are very sensitive to artificial junk foods produced in a lab. "/

It is possible, I don't drink any Protein drinks. I'm 9 months out and my diet has always consisted of solid Proteins and veggies. In the first 3-4 months I would drink on 1-2 Protein Drinks a week. I feel it is unhealthy to become reliant on Protein Drinks, but that is just my personal opinion.

I do like fruit, and will occasionally eat some. Once I'm at maintenance I will allow more fruit in my diet. For now I'm focusing on Protein, veggies and some whole grains.

It is totally do able. As far as juicing, I don't think that would provide you with the protein that you need and if your early out protein should be your focus.

I'm not comfortable with all the "lab created foods" we are supposed to ingest post op. I CAN and will' date=' if its absolutely necessary, but I'd prefer not to. Artificial sweeteners, chemicals, etc. are so counter productive to a healthy lifestyle.

I'm not dogging those that do it. We do what we have to do, I just hope there is a way around it.

What about this? I have a juicer, how about I juice my own fruit and veggies and drink that? Maybe I won't tolerate the strong flavors? Maybe there's just no way to get in all the nutrition I need that way, with such a small stomach? Still, I don't know that I "buy" Protein powder having more nutrition than freshly juiced greens and fruit.

Im just wanting to start out on the best foot possible and my body and brain are very sensitive to artificial junk foods produced in a lab. "/[/quote']

There is absolutely nothing that says you have to use "lab created" foods. As for sweeteners, try stevia. It's a leaf, liquid stevia is just the juice from that leaf. As for Protein, whey protein is milk, just without all the fat & lactose. It is created by a cow & filtered down to just the protein

I also use hemp protein, it s simply hemp seed that is ground and much of the Fiber is sifted out.

Juicing is a great option, but there are a couple of things to be aware of. When juicing, you lose almost all the Fiber content. Fiber helps by absorbing sugars and allowing them to pass through the intestine without being absorbed into the bloodstream. Keep in mind that when you're juicing anything sweet, you are extracting all the sugar, and leaving the fiber behind.

Basicly what I am saying is juicing veggies for their micronutrients is great, but fruits & berries, are better left whole, as fruit juices are very high in sugars.

Thank you both. <3

I do have Olympian labs vanilla pea Protein in the cabinet that I like a lot and I used to use hemp Protein Powder. Time to get to buying on vitacost again.

I agree that juicing greens/veggies is best :). I ate a raw vegan diet for 4 months and learned a lot. I even did a 12 day juice fast. (Couldn't last longer than that). I could never juice straight up greens though, and all the recipes that tasted best had fruits to balance the flavor. :) I did a lot of green smoothies too, and boy do they keep you regular!

I agree with y'all on the artificial sweetener, highly processed food thing, I absolutely loathe using them! I NEVER used them preop, and I can't wait for my new tummy to be able to handle real food again. I do use stevia and truvia when I can find it, it is much better, and I think tastes better, than splenda/equal etc. I'm just going to have to grin and bear all the fake stuff for a while :)

I agree with y'all on the artificial sweetener' date=' highly processed food thing, I absolutely loathe using them! I NEVER used them preop, and I can't wait for my new tummy to be able to handle real food again. I do use stevia and truvia when I can find it, it is much better, and I think tastes better, than splenda/equal etc. I'm just going to have to grin and bear all the fake stuff for a while :)[/quote']

I forgot to mention that I used to use liquid stevia before i Was pregnant with my last child. I used to have all different flavors in my refrigerator. As soon as I got pregnant with my son, I couldn't stand the flavor anymore. I have since switched to nectresse by Splenda. I don't know how natural it is but it tastes way better than stevia to me. I wish I liked stevia. My husband loves it and hes not even a healthy guy. Go figure.

Truvia is WONDERFUL stuff!!!!!

You can even use it to make simple Syrup for an occasional adult beverage.

http://www.truviacocktails.com/

Truvia is WONDERFUL stuff!!!!!

You can even use it to make simple Syrup for an occasional adult beverage.

http://www.truviacocktails.com/

Omg! Gonna have to remember this as soon as I'm allowed a cocktail!

I have a juicer, I tried my own fruit juice was WAY to sweet for me lol. Good luck there are great things out there made from nature you'll be able to eat and drink :)