Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Just visited the doctor at 8 weeks.... Have not lost as much as he wanted and got scolded. I have been eating what I should be so in talking with him' date=' we determined that I need to change Protein Shakes and cut calories to 500 a day from 6-800. I have to lose 28 pounds in 30 days, not sure how I will do it, but will try my hardest. I'm going to change from total lean shakes GNC to Isopure. I will get 6 less carbs, 15 more grams of Protein and 10 less calories, plus 6 more ounces of liquid. Wish me luck![/quote']

I know every doctor has their own plan but it seems counterintuitive to drop your calories and set unrealistic goals. So if you don't lose the 28 lbs you can look forward to feeling bad about yourself. If you do lose the 28 lbs in 30 days, you can look forward to your body rebelling against starving for a month. It seems to me that we need to learn to lose consistently with real food rather than surviving on Protein Shakes. Just my $.02.

Most of us are in this position because of failed dieting. He seems to be asking you to diet rather than teaching you the tools to change your lifestyle for permanent weight loss with your sleeve. I'm not bothered by losing only 2 lbs a week at 9 weeks out because I know this time I won't be gaining it back.

I have lost 19.5 inches since 1/30/13, and was pretty happy about that, but now I'm just stressed and frustrated. :-(

I have lost 19.5 inches since 1/30/13' date=' and was pretty happy about that, but now I'm just stressed and frustrated. :-([/quote']

RSMONT77- Look...I would never say don't do what your doctor says. If he thinks you should go with fewer calories in the form of Isopure for the time being, I would do it. That being said, you have done a fabulous job of getting fit thus far. If we were little kids in a math class learning how to round numbers, 19.5 inches would be closer to 2 feet than one. Can you believe it? Take a measuring stick and hold it up against the wall for a visual. If you were to lose another 12 or so inches, it would be the whole yard stick. Amazing. So, we love you and support you here. Try and do what the doctor wants, but regardless of what happens at the next doctor's visit, we think you are doing a great job.

I have lost 19.5 inches since 1/30/13, and was pretty happy about that, but now I'm just stressed and frustrated. :-(

You know, when I read your post about getting scolded by your doctor it kind of pissed me off -- did he think that would help? More importantly, does he really believe that is fair to be scolded when you are following his guidelines?

Try no to let this get you down -- you have concrete proof that you are having success -- those inches are gone! Next time you see your doc slap him for me! :)

Wow! I hadn't ever thought to look at my slow weight loss from the perspective of I lost 14 pounds in a month so in 6 months, that would be 84 pounds...now that doesn't seem like such a slow weight loss! Now I am encouraged!

I just went back and calculated month to month losses based on "surgeversary" dates and added to my sig. It looks good broken out that way and makes me feel better, considering I'm dead stalled 80% of the time. My target for month 3 is -16 and I have 21 days to drop 9 more. Looks very doable but I never know when I'm going to stall completely for 3 or 4 weeks.

So little over 2months out, losing very VERY slow lol. But down 25.7lbs 50lbs more to go.

post-24039-13813663359445_thumb.jpg

post-24039-1381366336023_thumb.jpg

Got a couple more pounds off this week just eating shrimp, Protein shot and lunchmeat it seems be working got me out of my stall. Currently at 550 cal, 95 protein, 10 carb. Have a great weekend!

I'm down 42 lbs since Dec 17/2012. Bought my first pair of size 16 jeans. Rocking them at work today, and the compliments are just embarrassing.

I'm down 42 lbs since Dec 17/2012. Bought my first pair of size 16 jeans. Rocking them at work today' date=' and the compliments are just embarrassing.[/quote']

I'm with you on the comments (although I'm not complaining). Sleeved 12/17, have lost 46lbs since surgery, 56lbs total and am also rocking my new 16's! Truly, my friends are in a lose/lose situation, it makes me uncomfortable to get all the compliments but if they don't comment I get secretly upset. Oh well, if we keep rocking it like we are, guess we better get used to the compliments! Congrats!

Lets have a positive thought day today!

List the positive things that have happened since your surgery!

For me' date=' my knees don't hurt much, neither do my feet, I have a desire to exercise, lost quite a bit of weight and down 3 pant sizes.

I know we get frustrated with the stalls, when we get stressed our bodies tend to hold weight, find a way to destress. I sip on tea and exercise to help

Cheers![/quote']

What kind of tea do you drink?

What kind of tea do you drink?

I actually drink slim mate tea, it helps me relax and helps me use the restroom. I sweeten it with mio

I had surgery 12/6 - down 34 lbs.