Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

one more pound to onederland! :) I haven't been in the 100s in almost 16 years!

Dana' date='

Congratulations on your big loss! My loss has ground to a halt...hauntingly like before surgery.I lost great at first, but I've only lost a few pounds the month of February, and most of it in the first few days. I've been between 700-800 calories, too. I'm considering increasing my calorie intake, as well. I think at this point it really can't hurt. Normal people don't gain weight on 1000 calories a day!

How do you get those calories in? I could eat more often, or I could increase volume, or I could increase dense caloric foods....not sure which is the best approach. I don't know about you, but I can eat more than I expected to be able to. Not that I do all the time, but that I have so I know I can (maybe a cup). I haven't really pushed my sleeve to see just what it can hold, but it scares me to think I ended up with one of those "big" sleeves, lol![/quote']

I usually eat about 850 calories per day. Occasionally 1000. My nutritionist said to use regular fat or light mayo or regular American cheese rather than low fat. It adds a few calories and you do need some fat in your diet. This is just to bump your calories a little. Don't add full fat items if you are not getting all your Protein in though.

I hope everyone is doing well. I was sleeved On December 17' date=' 2012. My calorie intake is between 500 and 850 but I think I Increase it to 1000.

My question is has anyone eaten cold Cereal I am so craving cold cereal like frosted flakes?[/quote']

My husband eats the Special K Protein plus cereal and loves it. He is 7 months post-op

I hope everyone is doing well. I was sleeved On December 17, 2012. My calorie intake is between 500 and 850 but I think I Increase it to 1000.

My question is has anyone eaten cold cereal I am so craving cold cereal like frosted flakes?

I've been eating Special K Protein cereal a few times a week for dinner. I mix Hood Low Carb milk with a half scoop of my chocolate Truffle Protein Powder and some Splenda. And it gives me 25-30 grams of protein. Sometimes I just do not feel like having heavy dense protein -- I almost immediately feel miserable after a few bites. The cereal goes down easy and it feels like a treat.

I an staying in ketosis by eating 10 or less grams of carb a day. I am finally able to get all my Protein from food instead of shakes :-). It is really hard sometimes, but I find that I lose more in ketosis than any other time. My body will tolerate just about anything, but I primarily eat egg whites, shrimp, lunch meat, and beef Jerky. It is pretty boring, but I am glad the scale is moving. :-)

I an staying in ketosis by eating 10 or less grams of carb a day. I am finally able to get all my Protein from food instead of shakes :-). It is really hard sometimes' date=' but I find that I lose more in ketosis than any other time. My body will tolerate just about anything, but I primarily eat egg whites, shrimp, lunch meat, and beef Jerky. It is pretty boring, but I am glad the scale is moving. :-)[/quote']

I was talking to another sleever and I said that it is too bad that this web site doesn't allow us to share our statistics...everything from pre op diets/weights/co-morbidities, etc to post op recovery/diets/exercise to maintenance. Seems to me that we would be a good source of data for surgeons trying to figure out the "best" type of protocol overall and possibly different protocols for people with different backgrounds.

Currently, I know you are not the only one forcing ketosis, but not all of us are (not all of us were told to do this by docs). I think it would be so interesting to compare long-term results of different diet progressions. The NUTs keep telling us that there isn't enough data to know what works best, but it seems like a waste of data when we share so much stuff on this site.

Im eating realistically - if im out and away from healthy choices i may grab a small dollar menu burger, but its not a daily thing and i dont beat myself up for it. I stay around 1000-1100 cals a day and im 8 weeks out. I was down 42lbs at my two month mark on 2/28 and two days later im down almost another 2lbs! Im finally in the 250s!! So if you have to eat bad food just dont make a habit of it and dont beat yourself up over it. Its ultimately a numbers game which is pure science - calories in vs. calories out.

Im eating realistically - if im out and away from healthy choices i may grab a small dollar menu burger' date=' but its not a daily thing and i dont beat myself up for it. I stay around 1000-1100 cals a day and im 8 weeks out. I was down 42lbs at my two month mark on 2/28 and two days later im down almost another 2lbs! Im finally in the 250s!! So if you have to eat bad food just dont make a habit of it and dont beat yourself up over it. Its ultimately a numbers game which is pure science - calories in vs. calories out.[/quote']

Great job! I wish my doc would give me 1000 calories a day, in at no more than 600. They probably give men more since they have more muscle mass.

Im eating realistically - if im out and away from healthy choices i may grab a small dollar menu burger, but its not a daily thing and i dont beat myself up for it. I stay around 1000-1100 cals a day and im 8 weeks out. I was down 42lbs at my two month mark on 2/28 and two days later im down almost another 2lbs! Im finally in the 250s!! So if you have to eat bad food just dont make a habit of it and dont beat yourself up over it. Its ultimately a numbers game which is pure science - calories in vs. calories out.

This happened to me yesterday --- I was taking my 81 year old aunt to multiple medical appointments from different ends of the city and back... by 2:30pm we both needed to eat something but only had 20 minutes until the next appt. I reluctantly pulled into McDonalds, which is something I've almost never done over the last 12 years (only on road trip vacations). I ate about 1/2 of the burger, became uncomfortably full and threw the rest away. And I realized no big deal.... I had a Protein Shake at 7am for Breakfast and 1/2 of small hamburger for lunch --- I'm good! That is what my goal was when I decided to have this surgery. I was tired tired tired of "being on a diet" after 40 years. Yes, I guess in essence I'm "on a diet" because I'm limited on how much I can eat but it doesn't feel like a diet. It just feels like I can eat whatever I want (within reason of course) and I just stop when I'm full. Wonderful!!!

Congrats on being in the 250's!! :)

~Dana

I'm so with you. It is remarkably freeing to not be "on a diet" for pretty much the first time since I was 12 years old. I've been on vacation all week and have been making good choices for the most part, but have also had a little bit of anything I wanted all week. I am positive I will see a loss when I get home tomorrow as several of the new pieces of clothing i bought just a week before the trip turned out to be too big by the time i wore them. I truly feel normal when it comes to eating for the first time in my life, which makes me unbelievably happy.

Great job! I wish my doc would give me 1000 calories a day' date=' in at no more than 600. They probably give men more since they have more muscle mass.[/quote']

Nobody GAVE me anything :) its what im comfortable with. I stalled losing staying at 7-800 a day - so i raised and started losing again. Again its numbers - thats hard science. If you stay in extreme starvation your metabolism will slow to a snails crawl. Id suggest upping to at least 800-1000.

This happened to me yesterday --- I was taking my 81 year old aunt to multiple medical appointments from different ends of the city and back... by 2:30pm we both needed to eat something but only had 20 minutes until the next appt. I reluctantly pulled into McDonalds' date=' which is something I've almost never done over the last 12 years (only on road trip vacations). I ate about 1/2 of the burger, became uncomfortably full and threw the rest away. And I realized no big deal.... I had a Protein Shake at 7am for breakfast and 1/2 of small hamburger for lunch --- I'm good! That is what my goal was when I decided to have this surgery. I was tired tired tired of "being on a diet" after 40 years. Yes, I guess in essence I'm "on a diet" because I'm limited on how much I can eat but it doesn't feel like a diet. It just feels like I can eat whatever I want (within reason of course) and I just stop when I'm full. Wonderful!!!

Congrats on being in the 250's!! :)

~Dana[/quote']

Exactly!

Everyone is doing so well. I am of the same mind. I am not on a diet anymore. I eat what I want and only if I really want it and it would be good for me at the same time. I find myself trying new foods, looking for unusual things on the menu, and going to places I would have never tried before. I still look at the nutritional infromation and figure out what would be my best choice for the day and stop eating when I start to feel full. Of course that is really quickly. I have lots of left overs and sometimes my dogs eat really well but it is working for me. It is a lot less stress too.

Have a great month everyone!

Sleeved 12/17, and was a lap band revision. Down from 261.5 to 220. Bought a pair of size 18 pants today! First new clothes, but my best friend threatened to rip my baggy butt pants off me in public. Was a nice fight to have!

Does anyone else get shaky after their first calories of the day? It's like my heart is pounding really hard. No gas or diarrhea, just the shakes. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat first (tuna, Protein Shake, cream of wheat, etc.). Any advice?

I am on week 10....my surgery was the 26th of December .....I have had many ,many stalls..today is March 2 and I have lost only 38 pounds ....even though it seems slow I am still losing ....I m hoping to lose 2 more pounds by end of next week to make 40 pounds

Patty

Note I did lose 32 pounds prior to surgery all together about 70 pounds

Started at 296.8 now 226.2 3x to an x large