Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

I am so happy seeing that everyone is doing great! Sleeved on12/4/12

Starting weight 256lbs as of today 214lbs. 42 lbs down. I think we are all doing great.

onederland is in sight! Took the flu to get there but that is how it goes~

What's everyone's thought on straws were a few months out! Do you think it's ok to use? I so miss my straws!

I've been using straws since day 3 post-op, even though it is considered a no-no by my guidelines. It was the only way I could get enough liquid in. I told my nutritionist on my first post-op followup ( I wasn't asking -- I was just letting her know because I was sitting there with my big cup with a straw) and she just said be careful. I'm still alive. I think the straw thing way over dramatized.

Slow Loser Update:

9 weeks post-op and I finally reached -30 lbs!!

I upped my calories 10 days ago and I've lost about 5 or 6 lbs. That is the most I've lost in that time frame since my first 10 days after surgery. Now, I'm still hesitant to declare the reason for the those 5 lbs is the increased calories -- but that is the only thing I've done differently. It could be that it just coincided with a regular "jump" down.....I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Sleeved 12/20 and down 49 pounds! My goal was 50 by the end of February. So close!

Slow Loser Update:

I upped my calories 10 days ago and I've lost about 5 or 6 lbs. That is the most I've lost in that time frame since my first 10 days after surgery. Now' date=' I'm still hesitant to declare the reason for the those 5 lbs is the increased calories -- but that is the only thing I've done differently. It could be that it just coincided with a regular "jump" down.....I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.[/quote']

How far did you increase your calories? I have considered doing that, just not sure how high to go!

How far did you increase your calories? I have considered doing that, just not sure how high to go!

I was doing around 800 a day and now I'm about 1000 a day...

I was sleeved on 12/17 and surgery day I was 263 and now I am 214. Still have a hard time getting enough Protein down everyday but doing what I can. Seems like all the December sleevers are doing great.

Thanks! I may go up to 900 as a start. :)

Thanks! I may go up to 900 as a start. :)

Slow Loser Update:

I upped my calories 10 days ago and I've lost about 5 or 6 lbs. That is the most I've lost in that time frame since my first 10 days after surgery. Now, I'm still hesitant to declare the reason for the those 5 lbs is the increased calories -- but that is the only thing I've done differently. It could be that it just coincided with a regular "jump" down.....I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Dana,

Congratulations on your big loss! My loss has ground to a halt...hauntingly like before surgery.I lost great at first, but I've only lost a few pounds the month of February, and most of it in the first few days. I've been between 700-800 calories, too. I'm considering increasing my calorie intake, as well. I think at this point it really can't hurt. Normal people don't gain weight on 1000 calories a day!

How do you get those calories in? I could eat more often, or I could increase volume, or I could increase dense caloric foods....not sure which is the best approach. I don't know about you, but I can eat more than I expected to be able to. Not that I do all the time, but that I have so I know I can (maybe a cup). I haven't really pushed my sleeve to see just what it can hold, but it scares me to think I ended up with one of those "big" sleeves, lol!

I hope everyone is doing well. I was sleeved On December 17, 2012. My calorie intake is between 500 and 850 but I think I Increase it to 1000.

My question is has anyone eaten cold Cereal I am so craving cold cereal like frosted flakes?

Sleeved 12/20 and down 49 pounds! My goal was 50 by the end of February. So close!

Darn that February being a short month! Where's a leap year when you need one.

Darn that February being a short month! Where's a leap year when you need one.

So true! :)

I hope everyone is doing well. I was sleeved On December 17' date=' 2012. My calorie intake is between 500 and 850 but I think I Increase it to 1000.

My question is has anyone eaten cold cereal I am so craving cold cereal like frosted flakes?[/quote']

I eat FiberOne every single day. Keeps things moving! :)