Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

so ............what is everyone basically eating now ??? I was sleeved dec 8 .i am basically having 2 premier shakes a day , sometimes 3 ....and a ckn or tuna salad kit for lunch and a handful of cashews at night. i do not even wanna think about food and just remembering all the cookin and baking i did so religiously makes me want to puke ....:(...........i am down 33 pounds since my surgery date and 59 all together. i hate being a slow loser , but can definatley see it in my clothes !i have hit so many stalls , it pisses me off ...just gotta accept the fact that it will come off on its own ...( hopefully)...but get scared that this is all the losin i'll do .....:(so ......when do ppl basically stop losin all together ?

I eat whatever I like . I prefer to eat my Protein instead of drinking it. Lots of shrimp and baked or grilled chicken. Veggies raw and cooked..I limit my carbs but I do eat some. -36lbs

Starting weight 258

Current weight 222

Sleeved 12/11/12

I have at least 1 Protein Shake a day, usually for Breakfast.

I haven't tried a huge range of foods yet--- I've stuck to chicken, fish, eggs/egg whites, soft veggies, Laughing Cow Baby Bell cheese, cottage cheese....

I just started trying things with ground beef (a few bites of a hamburger, Italian meatloaf, etc) and I've tolerated it very well. I haven't had any issues with foods other than when I tried to eat one of my husband's awesome grilled/bbq ribs. I took a few small bites and immediately realized it was just too heavy.

I kind of just improvise with whatever we have on hand. Tomorrow I'm going to make a crab quiche from a recipe that was posted here on VST.

I do need to start experimenting a little with recipes to get a little more variety. Oh, and I'm making roasted garbanzo Beans (another recipe here on VST)...apparently they come out crunchy and delicious and make a great little snack.< /p>

For lunch I do stuff like just slicing some chicken off a Sam's rotisserie chicken

(I always make sure to have 1 in the fridge). Usually about 1.5 oz to 2 oz and I dip it in low calorie Salad Dressing. Sometimes I'll scramble egg whites with a little cheese and green onions.

I still have trouble getting enough water/liquids in -- I average only about 30 oz, which I know needs to get better...

Thats great doreen70' date=' what was ur start weight? You you dont mind sharing, or what was ur clothes size before surgery?[/quote']

I'm 5'7" and weighed 275 the morning of surgery. I did not have a preop diet to follow. I wore a size 20 and they were tight. My shirts were 22/24. I wore 2xl scrub pants ( and snug ) and 3xl top. I weigh 233 at this time, my jeans are a 16, tops are 18/20ish, scrubs xl bottom (and are really baggy), and xl top.

Sleeved 12/6/12 down 43 pounds so far and doing great! Seems like all issues I had in the beginning are no longer present. I can still only get in 2.5- 3 oz comfortably but hey its only been 2.5 months so I guess its cool. I am usually satisfied after each meal so there is no reason to complain. :)

All the December sleevers thanks for the motivation. This has been so inspiring and helpful. I stalled for about two weeks at week 7 but now the weight is coming back off.

Day of surgery: 248

Today: 202

Total: 46

Hey all. I did not read through all the posts but seems like everyone is doing great! Congrats to you all!

I was sleeved 12/10. I'm down a total of 69lbs. 37lbs since surgery the rest was preop. I was doing my own little diet in prep of surgery. And then lost 15 on the liquid diet.

I find some days I'm hungrier than others. I have been slipping up a bit. Letting a few more carbs in than I would like. But I find I feel better if I have some.

I'm trying to start working out more but my schedule is crazy and I'm just exhausted at the end of the day. But I'll get it figured out.

Keep up the good work!

Things are going better for me figuring out what to eat, they had me eating so little and just Protein I think that is why I was having slow losses. I still eat small portions of mainly protein but add some cooked greens, bits of cheese, good fats like avocado, olive oil, mayo, or some kind of sauce. Still tiny plates of food eaten with a baby spoon. I have also added in a bite of carb a few times a week. Had some tortilla one time a few crackers another. I also have a small Protein Drink on average maybe once a day as well as a coffee with cream or a Cappuccino dry with lots of frothed milk. I am walking on average 6 days a week adding in some up hill for intensity once or twice a week.

I lost 5 lbs this last week and have been averaging 1 lb loss a week for over a month. Hoping this is not a coincidence and I've hit on a plan my body needs to lose. The greens really seem to help with elimination and I am not having much. Also Water of course. I have now lost 41 lbs since surgery and 59 since sept.

Finally hit onderland. I was 199 this morning. I have accepted that I am a slow looser.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Tomorrow is the big weigh in with the Doc, I wonder If they are going to do blood work since I am only a week shy of 3 months I been putting in my cardio hard this last few weeks and I hope it pays off on their scale because mines doesn't matter next to theirs, lol the insurance company is looking for their report not mines.. Well everyone wish me luck I'm excited about tomorrow. I feel like they will be happy with my progress. =-)

So to me I still look as fat as ever in the mirror but last night I had an almost scary NSV! Almost 1am as I was getting ready for bed I remembered it was garbage night. I was already stripped down and I'm pretty sure in my sedate neighborhood I'm the only one still up and about so I took the garbage to the curb in my boxers. As I was hurrying to get back in out of the cold before a car drove past I saw the shadow of a man against my house, cast by the streetlight directly across. For a split moment I was freaked out until I realized it was in fact my own shadow and I didn't recognize it immediately. The shadow had love handles but was no where near round like it used to be. :) I actually stopped to gawk at it in disbelief for a while.

So I guess much of my weight is still hanging off the front and is still offensive to me in 3D, but my 2 dimensional profile isn't looking half bad! If you are struggling to notice your progress, take a page from a groundhog and see if your bare shadow scares you. What's the worst than can happen? Six more weeks of winter?