Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New guy here, you've GOT to read this!

Great job frank!!

You know I've been wondering about Lisinopril..

My doctor never mentioned it, as in should I take it still or not.. I started taking my Bp. The last couple if days and it seems really low, I should probably call and try to get off it!

Great job Frank!

Thanks for the positive post. I see some negative posts here (and some habitual)..but I've been here for a year and overall, I find MOST ppl to be supportive, informative, and generally ok..bar the occasional ruffled feathers that typically happens with so many diverse ideas and people. I read the negative experiences..keeps it real, and reminds me that my decision hasn't been made lightly and I should be ready to use this tool properly....but I skip over posters who always dwell on it. There are many posters I search out as well as sources of inspiration and positive support. I'm overall happy to have found this forum and will continue to seek support here post surgery in march.

Great job!! I'm scheduled for march and so happy to hear the positive along with the meg you have to have a well rounded bal of information! Please keep us posted!

Ok, so I have had a few people asking me for updates. After 10 days, here they are:

I have some amazing news. I FINALLY saw my primary care physician on January 24th, 2013 (first time since I was sleeved on 12/21/2012). He checked me out and was AMAZED at my progress. They did a blood test and checked my levels to find out that my Hemoglobin A1C went from 6.1 on October 30th, 2012 to 5.3 on 1/24/2013. Because of those results he FINALLY took me off of Metformin which I have been on since July 2011!!! I was totally ecstatic because of this! He also "officially" took me off of my blood pressure meds which I actually stopped taking after surgery. I am now medication free!!!

Here are my current stats:

11/23/2012 445 lbs (at start of pre op liquid diet)

1/27/2013 368 lbs for a total of 77 lbs lost in 2 months and 4 days.

To be honest with you I am REALLY bummed though. I think I have already hit a plateau. In the past 7 days I have only lost a pound or so. I was 369 for like 3 days, then I lost a pound and have weighed in at 368 for 4 days now. I don't know what the hell is going on. I know I lost a TON of weight for such a short period of time, but 1 pound in a week is unacceptable. I have changed NONE of my habits. I actually increased my exercise, and eat VERY VERY little each day. Any less and according my my NUT, I will be eating "dangerously low calorie levels." That MAY be a problem in itself, I don't know. How could I have already reached a plateau just one month after surgery? Yes, I DID lose 49 lbs in my 28 day liquid only pre op diet, and yes I have lost an additional 28 lbs the month or so after surgery, but totally stalling out has gotten me REALLY frustrated. People have been telling me that I should just chill out, that I have done absolutely AMAZING and that my expectations are WAY to high right now. I have become absolutely obsessed with losing this weight. I had this initial goal of losing 100 lbs in my first three months, but if my weight loss doesn't restart, I'm not going to reach it.

I REALLY would appreciate any suggestions or comments about this.

By the way, I have NO cloths to wear anymore (I was wearing size 52 jeans which are way to big) so I went to my old cloths and I was able to fit into a pair of size 46 jeans that I wore a few years ago! Woohoo!

Hey Frank, good job on the meds!!! So, what I've learned is our bodies are really good at adapting to whats going on. So that is why we need to change up our exercise to keep building muscles. Same as w food. Your body has probably adjusted to the low calorie and has said 'ok, i can live like this!' And stops losing. I do agree that you still should be losing kinda fast. A stall here and there is expected, but that seems to be more when people are within about 100 pounds to goal. I'd honestly suggest upping your intake. What cal/fat/carb/pro grams are you currently at?

Frank, that's awesome weight loss!! And your friends are right, don't trip out about the stalls. The stalls come and they go, its all just part of the ride! :)

Great about the meds too. I think that's the scariest part about being obese, having to take these meds so you don't drop dead....

Congrats Frank! You're doing awesome. Being off the meds is a huge NSV. As I understand it, a 3-4 week stall is very common. Along with a few random ones along the path. Some ppl swear by changing up the workout routine, upping Protein or even increasing cals by just a bit bumps them out of the stalls. But everyone seems to hit that dreaded 3-4 wk wall. You'll break through. Don't panic. Good luck!

I know your frustration frank. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out and have already gone a whole week with no loss. Finally the scale is moving again. I think during this first month (42 days really) of being on a restricted diet I'm trying not to worry too much. Seems like full liquids and puréed foods has a higher carb count than I would like but until I'm at the point where I can make better decisions, not much to do. Not sure what you're able to eat but maybe your body is still adjusting to changes. I know you will start losing again. Just be patient. As for the clothes not fitting? Congrats! I, too had to dig deep into my closet to discover one pr of pants I could still wear. Took some time today to visit the thrift store. Hard not to just want to refill my closet but what's the use? I expect it's going to be a revolving door for the next year.

Frank, awesome job!! I'm a 42 yr old, 5'7 and about 424 lbs. it's overwhelming. Your story is very inspiring. I read alot about ppl that have a 100 or so to lose, and here I am with over 200...it overwhelms me. More than I can say. My oldest son just got married a few months ago, and they are talking about starting to have children. That's when it really hit me. I wanna be the fun Grammy. Not the one that just sits and watches. I'm only 42!! My first seminar with the surgeon is Feb11th. And I just started my mandatory 6 month diet. I am hoping to be sleeved before thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing your story. I reinforced I am making the right decision!

Thanks everyone for the support and nice comments!

Chellennunley, your comments in particular really struck home with me. I can completely relate/understand. You are a very brave person to have made this decision and seized control of your life. As long as you believe it, you WILL succeed. It will take a monumental amount of work, but your family and future grandchild are counting on you. I really wish you success and happiness.

Great story Frank! Thanks for sharing!

THANK YOU for your original post and follow up comments. You really hit the nail on the head. Doom and gloom and fear are not what this site (or this surgery) are all about. All the best to you and your continued success!