Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New guy here, you've GOT to read this!

Just a small update' date=' I am 112 lbs down now. The crazy part is that I just put on a pair of 42 jeans that fit PERFECT from OLD NAVY (not FatsosRus) that I haven't worn since early 2008! I'm melting! Overall stats, started liquid pre op diet on 11/23/2012, sleeved 12/21/2012. Starting weight 445, now 333. Original BMI 55.6, now 41.6. Was on Metformin for borderline diabetes and Linisopryl for high blood pressure, now OFF OF BOTH. Original jean size 52, now 42. Attitude before diet, SUCKED, now off the charts happy![/quote']

You are doing so great. Keep it up!

Great Job Frank. So what you're suggesting is walk right away. Trying to avoid the pain and nausea. Want to start my new life ASAP!!!

Congrats to you my luv... It's a change in our lives but so worth it.. I'm 5weeks post-op I start the gym on Monday can't wait..Cuz I been stalling with the same weight for 2weeks & it's very depressing...it makes me feel like I wasted my time doing the surgery cuz I'm not loosing anything.. But n e good luck to you your on the right path...

Frank: did you ask your surgeon what size of bougie he used? Congrats on the weight loss!

I have not had my sleeve yet but I didn't trip on anything Iggy said. Did it make me think again about the sleeve......Heck yeah! But isn't that what this forum is about-to help us be fully informed? Of course i hope and pray it doesnt happen to me, but we all take a chance when we decide to do this surgery. I appreciate knowing I can seek advice or help from some one who has stalls, depression from not losing, and most of all if I have a leak. I enjoy knowing people love their sleeve, but if I'm in a bad place I need to know someone can talk me though it..... So thanks to all for giving your success stories and for those who have had a hard time and helping others through their experience. God Bless You All......

Broke, what's a bougie?

Hehe... Bougie police here! This is a topic that drives me crazy!! Here's my standard answer because sometimes people start to think "oh I have to find a doctor that uses the smallest one" :P

The bougie sizes are used as a guide for the doctor when removing your stomach. As far as getting a "bigger" or "smaller" sleeve the difference between the ALL bougies sizes are really very small..

Your doctor will know what is right for you!

Everyone's stomachs are different some are small, some are long so even two people using the same size bougie can have different capacities after..

And as far as "getting one as small as you can"

If your stomach is made to small there is a greater chance of long term problems.

Hehe... Bougie police here! This is a topic that drives me crazy!! Here's my standard answer because sometimes people start to think "oh I have to find a doctor that uses the smallest one" :P

The bougie sizes are used as a guide for the doctor when removing your stomach. As far as getting a "bigger" or "smaller" sleeve the difference between the ALL bougies sizes are really very small..

Everyone's stomachs are different some are small' date=' some are long so even two people using the same size bougie can have different capacities after..

If your stomach is made to small there is a greater chance of long term problems.[/quote']

This is almost as good as your Calcium carbonate versus citrate masters class description. :)

Everyone's stomachs are different some are small, some are long so even two people using the same size bougie can have different capacities after..

If your stomach is made to small there is a greater chance of long term problems.

I respect how you feel, but I believe bougie size DOES make a difference. I see NO harm is asking someone what their surgeon used.

No need to be a "bougie police"... we all have different experiences and questions-- have you seen the post-op diets? Surgeons are all over the place with that, they do not all agree. Some say alcohol, some say no eating for 4 weeks, some say eat a week later- its depends.

I didn't even know who was asking so please dont take it personal. I have seen people here start thinking they should dump their surgeon because someone told them that they found a surgeon that used a smaller one!

I will dig up a picture to show you there is not that much of a difference... If you like.

Broke, what's a bougie?

Its the rod they use during your surgery which helps guide the surgeon is making your sleeve... They typically range from 32-40 french. My friends who surgeons used smaller bougie tend to do better (34-38) my friends who have had 40 tend to lose slower towards their one year mark and complain of being hungry. I think it makes a difference and so do a lot of other people. Some people think it doesn't make a difference. Typically in the bariatric community lol

I was just curious what size you had, no biggie! Many people have no idea what size they used on them!

My experience has been great. No problems with nausea, vomiting, sliming, or dumping. Had some stinging pain in one incision until the dissolvable stitches let go, since then no pain. Lost 60 lbs pre-surgery over 9 months, have lost 24 lbs in 25 days since surgery, not including the 10 I gained in Water weight from IVs in the hospital.

Broke, I have never heard that term used (or even know what that thing was until Laura just explained it) and I have NO idea what he used. I don't think I will be to popular here if I say this but I think a HUGE factor in this entire process, actually I think it's the biggest factor far and away, is the mental one. All of this "feeling hungry" business and other things that go along with it.....get over it! You're eating less, OF COURSE you're going to feel "more hungry." I just put it out of my mind and that's it, a few minutes later and I've forgotten about it. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING gives me a better long term feeling then looking in the mirror or trying on those jeans that are 10 inches smaller then my fat jeans. And to think, I'm only 3 1/2 months out from my initial liquid diet! Where am I going to be once a year hits, ya know? Sleeve size, and all of this other stuff.....baaaahhhh. MAKE yourself eat less and get to the gym! I personally don't believe it's possible NOT to lose weight if you do those things. Discipline Discipline Discipline.....then throw in a few determinations, that's what it's all about.

38 bougie size here a big one...loss 150 in just over a year and no complications! Risk of reflex goes up the smaller the tummy so it is a tradeoff. I am pleased as could be!