Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New guy here, you've GOT to read this!

Frank,

Thanks for all of the inspiration from your post. And congratulations on the weight loss. Keep this thread going and I can't wait to know when you reach goal!

Thank you love

I am getting my sleeve done oct 21/13. I go on the forums to read what people have to say. I also look for the positive things. The way I look at things if u go in with a negative attitude then things will go wrong, but if u go with a positive attitude then things will go smoothly. But I am not saying things might not go wrong, u just never know, what I am saying is this, go in like things are not going to go wrong, and with all the people on here having good results then I feel I am going to tooo. So glad for u

Thank you for sharing your Story Frank! I am getting sleeved on Sept 25th and I too have been nervous and get anxious by some of the threads on here. I know I got this and this is only going to improve my quality of life.

Keep up the great work and keep inspiring those of us who are just beginning the journey!

Hi Everyone, sorry for the delay, but Saturday November 23rd was the one year anniversary of starting my epic weight loss journey which has been chronicled in this thread. The final stats are in! In exactly one year from the start of my liquid diet I lost a mind bending 222 lbs, finishing 2 pounds under goal! I officially weigh what i did in high school! Needless to say, my life has COMPLETELY changed in that time period. There has been SO much happening in the past few months it would be hard to get into it all, but I will give you my secrets to success.

First, what I did won't work for everyone. The absolute key to my success was accomplished my the power of my mind. I practiced EXTREME discipline and determination which trickled down to everything I did from exercise to eating, to maintenance, etc. Don't feel like exercising today? To bad, get out there. I'm hungry, so what, think about something else. The motivator was the way I felt and eventually looked. My goal EVERY SINGLE DAY was to top something I did the day before. Do something I haven't done in years, beat my best run time by 2 seconds, lift another 5 lbs, whatever. I just had to top what I did the day before. I know it's kind of extreme, but it worked for me.

The absolute best thing exercise wise for myself is running. I walked for several months straight then began taking baby steps every day with my running, pushing it lap by lap. That literally changed EVERY aspect of my physical self to the point where at 36 years old I feel better then I did at 18, and I'm NOT kidding. I literally have the strength and energy of an athlete. I run and weight lift 4 days per week about 50 minute work outs and I LOVE every minute of it. I finally understand what the "exercise high" is and I'm telling you, it's absolutely real.

There is SO mush more to all of this so if anyone has any questions fire away. In the mean time I will post some before and after pics below.

post-169783-0-28676200-1385436504_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-12163600-1385436528_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-66049300-1385436564_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-05887900-1385436862_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-11228100-1385436893_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-67919200-1385436903_thumb.jpg

Yep, I still have a crush on you. Your thread is my favorite success story on here. You have kicked azz and taken names. I love that you have continued to challenge yourself every single day. I think they should make your whole thread a "sticky" so everyone can see how awesome you have done.

<p>Hi Everyone, sorry for the delay, but Saturday November 23rd was the one year anniversary of starting my epic weight loss journey which has been chronicled in this thread. The final stats are in! In exactly one year from the start of my liquid diet I lost a mind bending 222 lbs, finishing 2 pounds under goal! I officially weigh what i did in high school! Needless to say, my life has COMPLETELY changed in that time period. There has been SO much happening in the past few months it would be hard to get into it all, but I will give you my secrets to success. </p> <p> </p> <p>First, what I did won't work for everyone. The absolute key to my success was accomplished my the power of my mind. I practiced EXTREME discipline and determination which trickled down to everything I did from exercise to eating, to maintenance, etc. Don't feel like exercising today? To bad, get out there. I'm hungry, so what, think about something else. The motivator was the way I felt and eventually looked. My goal EVERY SINGLE DAY was to top something I did the day before. Do something I haven't done in years, beat my best run time by 2 seconds, lift another 5 lbs, whatever. I just had to top what I did the day before. I know it's kind of extreme, but it worked for me.</p> <p> </p> <p>The absolute best thing exercise wise for myself is running. I walked for several months straight then began taking baby steps every day with my running, pushing it lap by lap. That literally changed EVERY aspect of my physical self to the point where at 36 years old I feel better then I did at 18, and I'm NOT kidding. I literally have the strength and energy of an athlete. I run and weight lift 4 days per week about 50 minute work outs and I LOVE every minute of it. I finally understand what the "exercise high" is and I'm telling you, it's absolutely real.</p> <p> </p> <p>There is SO mush more to all of this so if anyone has any questions fire away. In the mean time I will post some before and after pics below. </p>

congrats! Hot Frank should be your new name :-)

Lynda

Ha! Thanks ladies. I thought this was neat. Me in April 1996 at 18 years old and me in November 2013 at 36. Also a selfie from Sunday.

post-169783-0-91965200-1385438328_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-04577000-1385438403_thumb.jpg

post-169783-0-90457800-1385438414_thumb.jpg

By the way, sleeve products, sleeve doctors, or to the owners of this site, I'm for hire! The ultimate spokesman! LOL :)

So, so awesome!! You really are an absolute inspiration. I'm still pre-op, and at this point, I feel as intense as you described. This is my one real chance: for blow it! I like the idea of pushing for a little more each day. Thanks for coming bac to update.

*don't. Don't blow it. Sheesh. :)

Wow! You're progress is definitely motivation for me! You've done a great job, a ton of work and you deserve that new healthy body!

V

Hi Frank...

Thank you so much! I'm getting the sleeve done Dec 16Th 2013. So glad to get good positive news..I'm getting kinda scared..the more i read the more excited i get ...

Wow, such a transformation. Thank you for the inspiration. My date is less than 2 weeks away. Thank you.

Hi guys, I was sleeved on December 21st 2012. This might make you feel better, but that seems like a life time ago, I'm serious. It seems so long ago it's not even funny. Your new life is gonna be here soon, get excited and ready for a new you.

Here is a comment that might be controversial, but there is absolutely NO physical reason (baring some serious medical condition) that someone can't lose every extra pound that they are carrying after being sleeved. 75% of this battle is in your head. Master your own mind and you will be a smashing success.

Why didn't I find this thread sooner!!! You are a true inspiration to sleeves.

I was sleeved on October 28 2013. I've been recovering well and down 25 lbs already. I've pushed myself physically to fast with sale of our home I've been packing and lifting a lot. But I strapped on a back brace backwards and keep moving. My surgeon said I was healing fine and these "pains" are normal. Everyday gets better.