Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New guy here, you've GOT to read this!

Mr butter.

Nothing that comes out of her mouth is golden. A couple of days ago she actually said that she wished leaks on other people because they were stupid.. And he mentioned someone with an "I" that could of been anyone.. Just wish there was a thread that was normal once in a while that's all!

Maybe I need to go elsewhere or Maybe everyone she eat a piece of cake and calm down

:)

Oh and I love the WTF classy

I apologize for my "wtf" remark, but we all know exactly who the op was referring to so let's not pretend otherwise.

Thanks for this great info! I am drinking the whey chocolate powder stuff from Walmart mixed with 2% milk. (Please don't tell me that 2% milk is to filled with fat, I drank it for 28 days pre op and lost 49 lbs.) They have become disgusting to me.

Please tell me more about "Maybe something like Nectar's Lemon Tea mixed with Water?" Is there "flavorless" Protein that actually does the job????

I use 2% too but Water it down half milk/half water simply because we cannot have 2 gallons of milk in the fridge without wasting it.

Using a spoon of instant Decaf in my shakes got me through some tough times when I didn't like them. Also, beneprotein or nectar unflavored are both pretty mild - I put them in hot chocolate. Jay Robb is expensive but I find it at Kroger and I believe Whole Foods has it too. Again, it got me by and has a smoother taste than alot of others.

I've use 2% from the beginning. It actually astounded me that people in my support group were making it with Water. They are 99.9% RNY patients, but nobody told them that they were allowed to make the shake decent.

I had one this morning with 4 oz. of frozen coffee and 4 oz of 2% milk, a bit of Torani SF chocolate Syrup, 1 shake of two of SF chocolate Jello pudding powder and a scoop of chocolate whey isolate powder. I use pro Max from SEI.

I love the shakes. I'm using them to lose my last 17 pounds.

Some ppl like to be brutally honest. It validates their sense of self-righteous superiority complex. Sometimes such much insensitivity can be hard to ignore even for the most thick-skin. It's not about being afraid to post out of fear of a reality check but not wanting to associate with negativity that is unnecessary harsh. Honesty is not interchangeable with rudeness.

Some ppl like to be brutally honest. It validates their sense of self-righteous superiority complex. Sometimes such much insensitivity can be hard to ignore even for the most thick-skin. It's not about being afraid to post out of fear of a reality check but not wanting to associate with negativity that is unnecessary harsh. Honesty is not interchangeable with rudeness.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Thanks for this great info! I am drinking the whey chocolate powder stuff from Walmart mixed with 2% milk. (Please don't tell me that 2% milk is to filled with fat' date=' I drank it for 28 days pre op and lost 49 lbs.) They have become disgusting to me.

Please tell me more about "Maybe something like Nectar's Lemon Tea mixed with Water?" Is there "flavorless" Protein that actually does the job????[/quote']

No, no, no....I didn't mean to indicate there was anything wrong with 2%. Only that I get sick of milk-based Protein shakes. I like something a little different every once in awhile. I have been drinking Protein Shakes for years for working out, competing, and running. I feel like I've made an art form out of Protein shakes.

Information for the nectar Lemon Tea: (taken from the Syntrax website)

Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea

32.5 Servings

UPC: 0893912123765

Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea Protein shake is so delicious you'll feel like you're drinking real iced tea! If you like lemon tea then substituting your Lipton for nectar Lemon Tea will be so easy you'll forget how healthy and nutritious it is. Kick your weight loss program off with a bang drinking this promina whey Protein Shake featuring zero fat, and zero carbs. Also available in a convenient single serving size. See the Nectar Grab-n-Go's which contain 12 single servings.

Key Syntrax Nectar Protein Features:

Mixes great and dissolves easily

Gluten Free

Lactose Free

23g of Protein per scoop

Promina Whey Protein Isolate

Refreshing lemon tea flavor

Zero Fat and Zero Carbs

Ingredients

Whey protein isolate (milk)*, black tea leaf extract, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, soy lecithin, acesulfame-K, Sucralose.

You can order it in the SAMPLE pack from several different websites to save dollars and to see if you like it. There are several other flavors you may like. Just google "syntrax nectar lemon tea" to find different websites. Average for about 12 packets that you mix-n-match is 15-20 dollars.

There are several flavor-less protein powders out there. A couple of them are not, in my opinion. They taste like they smell, lmao. The unjury brand is the one I like. It's good to mix with different Soups and sneak in that protein. At the "Unjury" website you can order those in sample packets, as well. Around 2 dollars each packet.

Hope this helps!

Woah' date=' woah woah. Hold on a minute. No one is "bashing" people who are "negative." Go back and read my post. All I said is that when I found this site I was clicking on all the "concerned" threads only to find people were being cautioned about leaks and other scary stuff and it scared the (bleep) out of me. Like everybody here, I just went through a tough life changing surgery and didn't want to see stuff like that, especially if I wasn't going through it myself. All I said is that I avoided this forum because I saw to much of that stuff, and I did what worked best for me which was to avoid this site. I'm sorry that iggy had a bad experience but I need to stay focused on a healthy recovery. I wish her the best.

I am not saying that everything is TOTALLY perfect for me. I have a couple issues since surgery, one that is becoming a major one for me is Protein shakes. I did a 28 day pre-op diet which I consumed two shakes per day, and now I am 12 days post op for a total of 40 days, and I literally can't stand the site of Protein Shakes anymore. They literally make me feel physically ill!!! I don't know what I am going to do because I NEED to consume a lot of Protein but the shakes have become SO DISGUSTING to me that I could probably make myself vomit by just thinking about them! What am I gonna do??!![/quote']

Have you tried almond milk? Unsweetened vanilla is 30 calories per servings and has double the Calcium over milk. Not watered down like skim.

Amanda Rae

Have you tried almond milk? Unsweetened vanilla is 30 calories per servings and has double the Calcium over milk. Not watered down like skim.

Amanda Rae

LOVE almond milk!

This is the best thread I've read here yet! I, too, was so frightened by the leak stories that I wondered why anyone was doing the sleeve at all since every one of them was going to spring a leak and die a horrible, painful, sudden death! I have been consulting with two surgeons' offices and I doubted them every time they said that leaks are very uncommon ... simply could not believe that to be true since I read so much about the leaks here. I don't want to be overly confident that leaks never happen, but this site made me really scared! Thank you Frank for your candid post and to everyone else who followed with their success stories! I needed that!

Thanks for the encouragement frank I'm glad you are doing well. I'm not sleeved yet but hopefully around April or may I will be. That's good to here you have no complications. :)

First off, contrats to Frank. Your story is inspirational, and thank you for posting.

I for one, appreciate that not every story here has had a happy ending. I don't want to go into this with rose colored classes, only to be blind-sided should something go haywire. I ready "i's" story before it was pulled down. Her experience is a real possibility to anyone considering WLS. I like to think, however, her experience is the exception, and not the rule. And if I recall correctly, she has ultimately lost the excess weight and is happier with herself now, despite the rocky start.

My reading here has been informative - including hearing some down-sides of all this, and I like to think I contribute a little here and there, though my direct experience is limited. In that regard, I have seen postings of people who are scared and either cancelled or were contemplating cancelling their surgery. I for one, hesitate to come to support those folks, telling them things like "it will be alright." It might not be. I specifically recall a thread where someone was terribly nervous about their psych eval. I very gently suggested that they should be only truthful in their psych eval, because frankly, the way they were talking (typing?), I didn't think the surgery was right for them. There MUST be a reason for the psych eval... right?

My point is, I don't think I've seen much bashing & negativity here, and "negative experiences" are not the same as being negative toward others on this forum. I truly appreciate ALL of the information I get here, and it's up to me how to disseminate it for myself.

Mr butter.

Nothing that comes out of her mouth is golden. A couple of days ago she actually said that she wished leaks on other people because they were stupid.. And he mentioned someone with an "I" that could of been anyone.. Just wish there was a thread that was normal once in a while that's all!

Maybe I need to go elsewhere or Maybe everyone she eat a piece of cake and calm down

:)

Oh and I love the WTF classy

And she also admitted it was said out of frustration, and she amended the post to remove it. You are the one perpetuating this now.

Don't worry Big Frank - we are here! Although I didn't have any serious complications, etc., I hope that a few of my posts didn't needlessly worry or scare any one, this has not been a walk through the park! The way I try to explain it to my family, is that no one can tell anyone what it is like to be pregnant, deliver a baby, and raise another human being. For every "miracle" there is a matching "horror" story. This journey is the same. I know posts can be disconcerting and scary, but the information is given with good intentions. Everyone should weigh the pros and cons of WLS for themselves. It took me over a year of investigating types of procedures, talking to other patients of my surgeon and deciding for myself, complications or not -- this was my last chance if I wanted to take control of my body and my life once and for all. I've since reversed diabetes and my sleep apnea is cured (before surgery I didn't know I had sleep apnea, but my snoring and stop-breathing episodes were getting worse. I thought it was my asthma so this surgery saved my life!) Good luck to you and have a much happier and healthier New Year!

WTF....the OP mentioned her specifically in the very first post so how does it have nothing to do with her? Then when she did post she cracked a joke and then said she hopes every one has a good recovery...where was the negativity? I don't think every word that comes out of Iggy's mouth is golden' date=' but honestly the Iggy haters have got some blood red colored glasses on.[/quote']

He only said a poster with a name starting with the letter I. Is she the only one on this forum with a handle that starts with the letter I? If not then you all assumed that's who he was speaking of and she interjected herself into it thinking he was speaking of her. He never acknowledged her name until a few post ago saying he wasn't bashing those with problems. Some of you are CONSTANTLY looking for a fight! Remember the rules of this site people. We are all adults here. I usually don't get involved in the back and fourth and I don't think iggy has ill intent when she's speaking but my God people! Geese Louise!

Knee jerk vigilantes by far produce the greatest source of tension and anxiety. Providing a specific point of view on an experience or sharing a story from the gut are not in themselves offensive. If someone finds themselves perpetually offended then they may need to look within for the real source of the problem, then reflect on proactive ways to address those issues.