Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days out and having second thoughts

Hey my name is Nikki I'm 28 and I'm 4 days post surgery I'm having second thoughts I think maybe I made the wrong decision I'm in a lot more discomfort then I expected I'm having a hard time Intaking I feel really full and I don't want to drink my Protein Shake I know this is something I really wanted to do and I thought I was prepared but now idk is there any advise anyone can give me it would be much appreciated I don't have anyone in my life that has been sleeved so I don't know anywhere else to turn

Thank you

It gets easier... Day by day! A year from now you will look back and be sooooo glad you did this!! I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Best wishes!!

I know its hard know sweetie, and it is true it does get easier, you really do need to take it day by day. and take it easy. and slow. Drink what you can drink and get in as much Water as you can thats the most important thing you dont want to get dehydrated. it does get easier! :)

Hi, My husband and I both had the surgery.. im 10 days out and he is 3 days out.. He is having stomach issues.. I had the same ones.. I too cannot stomach the Protein Shakes much.. he can.. but I do try to drink as much as I can so I wont dehydrate.. but it does get better.. my stomach is better now.. just recovering is what you are feeling... Hang in there thats what I was told.. and they were right.. I am getting better.. I guess we all go thru a lil of something. good luck.. this is a great site for sharing and experiences of others

It definitely gets better. Right now is the hardest time. Just keep sipping on Water to keep from getting dehydrated. I mixed G2 gatorade in my water and I didn't get dehydrated once. Make sure you walk and sip. The Protein Shakes will come later if you can't get it all down right now. :)

I had a very hard time too. You can check out my post from when I got sleeved back in April. I was pretty pitiful now that I look back. It's really hard to find stories of hardship on here or any where else for that matter when it comes to the sleeve. But yes everyday I'm happier that I had it done. And that is something I couldn't say until about 4 months out. Good luck and things will def. get better one day at a time.

Hey my name is Nikki I'm 28 and I'm 4 days post surgery I'm having second thoughts I think maybe I made the wrong decision I'm in a lot more discomfort then I expected I'm having a hard time Intaking I feel really full and I don't want to drink my Protein shake I know this is something I really wanted to do and I thought I was prepared but now idk is there any advise anyone can give me it would be much appreciated I don't have anyone in my life that has been sleeved so I don't know anywhere else to turn

Thank you

WHOA!!! You are 4days post op. Step away from the Protein. You shouldn't even be thinking about protein yet. This early out your focus should be hydration. Once you meet the minimum daily Water intake then add protein.

You can trust, every day will get a bit better, and in a couple weeks this won't even qualify as a bad memory. Keep your chin up. Soon your biggest battle will be staying off the scale.

I understand. The first week was a combination of medication, good mourning and cabin fever combined with being sick o a liquid diet. Remember that for anyone needing WLS our natural state is to eat when we are uncomfortable. Right now that is certainly not an option. For the first time you will have to find something else to do with your feelings.

For me at least this is why diets never worked and the weight never stayed off. Who wanted to actually deal with life. I can assure you that physically you will feel better eventually. Everyone heals at their own pace so that will be for your body to decide but try and make things nice for yourself.

Try journaling, going online like this, calling people, napping or other stuff. People h e posted lots of great ideas on this site.

Take care.

It definitely gets better. I'm 10 weeks out and I'm down 43 lbs. I feel great. It does take time to figure out a new way of eating but it's so worth it!

Girl I completely understand as I am 4 days post op too. Bloated tired, can't drink on New Years, and just ugh. But the truth is even if we wanted our old tummy back , we can't. I feel like that this is only a temporary set back and once we make it through this hurtle, we're gonna laugh. No matter how much preparing you do it's not gonna sink until you do it. Hope you feel better girl and feel free to message me if you need to talk.

I am 28 and and 4 days post op as well! I have the same feelings, but I know that this will all be worth it. I just keep thinking about the future. How much healthier and happier I will be once this 115 pound load is off my back. Just keep pushing onward, we will get there! :)

Girl I completely understand as I am 4 days post op too. Bloated tired, can't drink on New Years, and just ugh. But the truth is even if we wanted our old tummy back , we can't. I feel like that this is only a temporary set back and once we make it through this hurtle, we're gonna laugh. No matter how much preparing you do it's not gonna sink until you do it. Hope you feel better girl and feel free to message me if you need to talk.

That is sooo true. No matter how much preparing, the reality doesn't sink in until you are postop and can experience first hand. Like giving birth. You have to experience it to really understand its reality. Yet you still get these people who like to tell you that you couldn't have been ready for the surgery if you cry and moan a little.

I totally know how u feel. I felt awful for a week and every time I looked in the mirror I said- u made a mistake. At 2 wks I felt like a different person. Now at 5 wks I forget I ever had surgery. Believe me it will pass. I had 18 mo wait and 6 mo of classes so I'm as prepared as they come so I think and most will tell u that these feelings r normal. I heard it over and over when I was going thru it but u gotta know things will get better. Happy New Year to the new you!!!

It gets easy. Hang in there. I think there is not one person Who probably felt the same way days after surgery. I was in so much pain and hated that everything was a chore, but I'm 5 weeks post op and thrilled I did it.

Pre Op: 298lb / Surgery Day: 288lb / Week 1: 278lbs / Week 2: 267.5lbs / Week4: 263.7lbs.