Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i wanna a soda do freaking bad i can scream

I fully understand. I used to drink 3 20 oz pepsin daily and sometimes more. I had the sleeve done on 12/19. I hope I can stay soda free. I know soda is not good for me. It is difficult, but I am hanging in there.

How far post op are you? My surgeon said if I just have to have a coke. I can after 3 weeks. He said fill glass with ice and pour coke over it and let it sit for at least 20 minutes while the Ice melts and Water dilutes and bubbles leave. I had quit sodas about 4 months before surgery. It was a tough item to give up because a sonic cherry Dr Pepper was like therapy from a awful day at work. :-). Good luck!

I quit soda completely more than a month ago. I'm still pre-sleeve but I'm trying to get rid of things that might be a "problem" for me in the post-sleeve world. Yesterday I drank a two ounce sip of Fanta Orange Zero. OMG, even on my non-sleeved stomach I thought it was just going to explode! NOT what I remembered. I closed up the bottle and shook it up and let the gas escape several times and then left the cover off for an hour or so and drank it flat... I liked it. I even put a little bit into my chocolate Protein Shake and it added a nice flavor.

I can def relate! I love my sodastream pop maker and am so tempted...but I know the little gasy bubbles I get now when sipping would only get worse.

I feel ya. I gave up coke about 3 months before surgery and the last couple of days have been wanting a coke from McDonald's so bad! I won't do it but I want it lol.

I miss soda more than SEX

You're doing it wrong!!!

I am 4 1/2 months post op. some days i miss soda so bad! Like yesterday when we went to the bar to watch a game. I drink my Water faithfully but OMG what I wouldn't give to order a large diet coke! Don't even miss beer.....

but I used to be a diet coke addict. So i am facing my cravings for soda the same way i faced cigarettes when i quit 3 years ago. I am stronger than them!

Not saying this is the best thing but if you really really feel the need for it, could you kinda take a swig swish it around and spit it out so that your tummy doesn't feel it? I mean it is a waste to do it that way but at the same time you may realize that you really do not need the soda that much.

I have done the above with a few foods and I just didn't like the spitting it out and I decided just to eat what I am able to (the healthy foods) and not the junk that got me into this mess in the first place even though I love my brownies lol

I would personally stay strong and stay away from it :)

I did "shake it up, let it go flat" thing with some carbonated flavored water I had around the house. It really wasn't as good without the bubbles :(

How far post op are you? My surgeon said if I just have to have a coke. I can after 3 weeks. He said fill glass with ice and pour coke over it and let it sit for at least 20 minutes while the Ice melts and Water dilutes and bubbles leave. I had quit sodas about 4 months before surgery. It was a tough item to give up because a sonic cherry Dr Pepper was like therapy from a awful day at work. :-). Good luck!

I was sleeved 12/5

I feel ya. I gave up coke about 3 months before surgery and the last couple of days have been wanting a coke from McDonald's so bad! I won't do it but I want it lol.

Omg yes. I am a Pepsi drinker but love coke from McDonalds i use to have one every morning

I miss soda too...but I miss the sizzle of it. I knew that was going to be my biggest issue... I even had a huge McD's coke two days before surgery (and it sucked).