Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People have jumped off bridges and been fine too. Doesn't mean it's recommended.

What an absolute filth post. Encouraging someone to blatantly disregard their health. Shame on you.

Ha Ha! Told Ya!! Just being honest and as I have never attempted to jump off a bridge I couldn't possibly comment. I would also like you to point out where I encouraged her to drink alcohol? The only advice I gave her was to ignore the Trolls and have a nice birthday!!

My surgeon told me yesterday at 1 month I can try it - but I am in my 20s - he told my parents at least 2 months - and he warned me that half a glass a wine can get me drunk (just like what other people have said) :) but again, your surgeon will know what's best for you.

People have jumped off bridges and been fine too. Doesn't mean it's recommended.

What an absolute filth post. Encouraging someone to blatantly disregard their health. Shame on you.

If I

My surgeon told me yesterday at 1 month I can try it - but I am in my 20s - he told my parents at least 2 months - and he warned me that half a glass a wine can get me drunk (just like what other people have said) :) but again, your surgeon will know what's best for you.

if I told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? did your mamma ever say that to you?

Happy Birthday! I just want to say that I had a tiny sip of a fall punch about 4 weeks post-op-well' date=' about 20 minutes later I was sick as a dog! It wasn't worth it at all! Meanwhile, I asked my doctor last week at my 2 month post op visit about alcohol and she said they recommend waiting 3 months and then to avoid beer and wine. She said have Crystal Lite with a dash of vodka would be ok. Also, she warned that sleevers are cheap dates-be careful, the buzz sneaks up on you! Good luck![/quote']

Hey holly just curious why did dr say no wine. Acidity? Mine said fine after two mths. And I have a glass or two a week that's it , bc I love wine and I need to loose the weight :) I hate that there isn't more standard rules for us. Ya know. Everyone says so something different. :)

I had to sign a waiver that I would not drink alcohol for a year if not longer. The way it was explained to me' date=' it has nothing to do with hurting you stomach, but it has everything to do with how your body will handle alcohol. The smaller stomach has fewer enzymes to break down the alcohol and you have teh potential to become inebriated much more quickly.

21 is a special year, but like everyone else said, you should wait. It doesn't matter that there may be alcohol in your Loratab. When you are on Loratab, you are not allowed to drive or handle large equipment/machines because of impaired judgement.[/quote']

Very good point. I do not get drink quicker however I take it slow and rarely on because I want to loose weight. But I think what you explained makes me think. It makes sense.

Hey holly just curious why did dr say no wine. Acidity? Mine said fine after two mths. And I have a glass or two a week that's it ' date=' bc I love wine and I need to loose the weight :) I hate that there isn't more standard rules for us. Ya know. Everyone says so something different. :)[/quote']

I am with Brandywine...It's very disconcerting that there are no standard rules on this topic. I mean the rules are all over the place.

I agree sadlers!! It seems like there are no repercussions for being a jerk off on here!

I'm pretty sure she was referring to the widely varying doctor's opinions! LOL

My dr said to avoid beer and wine if I had to have a Coctail a 1/2 shot of good vodka was best due to the way the sugar breaks down. Maybe it's slower in vodka so the stomach can process it better since it's so small. She recommended having it with A sugar free beverage-not straight shots and to nurse it. Again, they recommend waiting 3 months which won't be until Jan. 11th for me. To tell you the truth, I'm struggling with food at every meal -I don't need more worries or issues by experimenting with alcohol! My husband's 50th B'day is Jan. 25 so maybe I'll indulge that night!

If I'm not mistaken' date=' I believe lortab has 7% alcohol. However, the 500mg acetaminophen is super harsh on your liver as it is. Combining that with the 7% alcohol content is really putting a lot of pressure on your liver. Given that a lot of people are drink lortab multiple times a day, you don't want to add anything extra that would stress your liver out even more[/quote']

I'm really surprised to learn there is any medication that combines acetaminophen and alcohol because when alcohol is combined with acetaminophen, the acetaminophen can be toxic to your liver. I know of a woman who took 2 Tylenol before going out to dinner where she had a glass of wine. She ended up in the hospital on a liver transplant list. Not saying everybody has that experience but when those 2 are combined its a crapshoot. I'm definitely going to be asking my surgeon about this.

I'm really surprised to learn there is any medication that combines acetaminophen and alcohol because when alcohol is combined with acetaminophen' date=' the acetaminophen can be toxic to your liver. I know of a woman who took 2 Tylenol before going out to dinner where she had a glass of wine. She ended up in the hospital on a liver transplant list. Not saying everybody has that experience but when those 2 are combined its a crapshoot. I'm definitely going to be asking my surgeon about this.[/quote']

I'm not currently using the loratab...just needed it the first few days home from the hospital, but I still have the bottle and it DEFINITELY has 7% alcohol. That being said, why would anyone who NEEDS loratab be drinking alcoholic drinks? That just seems illogical.

I'm really surprised to learn there is any medication that combines acetaminophen and alcohol because when alcohol is combined with acetaminophen' date=' the acetaminophen can be toxic to your liver. I know of a woman who took 2 Tylenol before going out to dinner where she had a glass of wine. She ended up in the hospital on a liver transplant list. Not saying everybody has that experience but when those 2 are combined its a crapshoot. I'm definitely going to be asking my surgeon about this.[/quote']

I think your friend was lying about either her tylenol dosing or her drinking. Even in the worst cases on record, the person has ingested over ten tylenol tablets AND is either a chronic drinker or has had a significant amount of alcohol the same day. For most people the dose would need to be greater than 35 pills, combined with chronic drinking (over three drinks per day).

I think your friend was lying about either her tylenol dosing or her drinking. Even in the worst cases on record' date=' the person has ingested over ten tylenol tablets AND is either a chronic drinker or has had a significant amount of alcohol the same day. For most people the dose would need to be greater than 35 pills, combined with chronic drinking (over three drinks per day).

[/quote']

It's why the bottle of lortab has a liver warning on it. I use to avoid cold medicine as well for this same reason, though I have taken cold pills and drank in the same night and my liver is still okay.