Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma

I live in Mounds and I got banded in TJ, Mexico in July. I had been having a tough time and would love to be part of the group mentioned in Tulsa. Could you give me some info on when the next meeting is?

Hey there, just read your message...I'm from Pauls Valley, OK. and Lana Nelson is doing my surgery on 10-2. What did you think of her...have you had good results. I started my pre-op diet yesterday...Thanks for any info. you can give.

Nice finally seeing someone in this chatroom from Sooner country!

GBYalways,

tara

Just checking in with the Oklahoma Bandsters, how is everyone doing?

I've heard that Dr. Nelson and Dr. Keith will do the fills in their office. You just have to schedule an appointment. and bring any previous medical history files with you if you area new patient. I have to put my surgery off due to being preggers again. I'm hoping for Mid Summer early fall for the lap bad. nyway hope everyone is having good luck with their bands!

Hey i'm new to this site. My banding date is July 8 with Gorospe. I'm doing some research now on how to get my Protein and trying to mentally prepare myself for this life change. Any suggestion on what is good?... They told me to check out Tulsa Discount Sports on 61st and Memorial. Just looking for suggestion on high protein low card drinks (that taste good) :ohmy:

I see doctor Nelson, in Norman, OK..........I was banded Oct 07......

I just was passing this along, I had heard that sometime this summer there will be a state wide bariatric conference in Tulsa, OK.......

I am not attending but thought maybe someone might want to, so thought i'd pass it along.

pvchickie

how are you doing now? Did you reach your goal weight?

I am only researching, but I need help and think perhaps

lapband is the way to go.

please reply to: pamblundell@aol.com

I Pam, I also had my surgery with Gorospe, in January of 2007. I like the Designer whey Protein - they have lots of flavor and I mix mine with skim milk in my magic bullet. Yum.

Hi Jodie, I bought my Designer whey at Walmart -

How are you doing since surgery? The first 2 weeks are the toughest, liquids only -yuck. After that, when you get mushies, I felt like I at least had a little bit of food and did fine with the mushy stage, I lived off Taco Bueno refried Beans. A small container (.99 cents) would last me two meals.

Hello, I guess I didn't investigate this forum too well when I joined last week. I just found the list of state banders. I had posted on the preop talk about anyone who had surgery in OKC with Dr. Gornichec. I know how awesome the preop teaching is but am curious about anyone's post op experience. I have to travel about 3 hours to OKC for appts and for the surgery, that is where my insurance pays best. I am curious about adjustments, too, I wonder if I could go to Tulsa instead of all the way to OKC. All information appreciated!

Hello, I guess I didn't investigate this forum too well when I joined last week. I just found the list of state banders. I had posted on the preop talk about anyone who had surgery in OKC with Dr. Gornichec. I know how awesome the preop teaching is but am curious about anyone's post op experience. I have to travel about 3 hours to OKC for appts and for the surgery, that is where my insurance pays best. I am curious about adjustments, too, I wonder if I could go to Tulsa instead of all the way to OKC. All information appreciated!

Hey CJ..I had my surgery in Feb of this year. I initially started with Dr. Gorniche but changed due to my family doctor sending me to Dr. Eldridge and he is just terrific. I haven't had any problems with my surgery at all. It was easier than my gall bladder surgery actually! I have had 4 fills and they are simple and don't hurt at all..except my third fill was a bit too much and bout killed me! :lol: It was so tight I had a hard time getting anything down, but just went back and had 1/2 of the fill removed until my last fill and he put what he took out in..so the only really bad thing is when I wouldn't chew enough or if I ate too fast then I'd usually have it come back up..so whatever you learn..learn to chew your food at least 30 times a bite and take your time eating..then you shouldn't have not one problem!!:w00t: Now for your fills..I know your doctor here in OKC should give you a list of fill doctors there in Tulsa, or you may even check with some of the doctors these ladies on this forum from Tulsa use..?? You will not regret getting the band but it is just a tool and once you learn how to use it it works beautifully! I love my band! Good luck on your journey to the new YOU!!:eek:

Hello, I live here in Tulsa and I use Dr. Kirk for my fills, he is out of Bailey Medical Center in Owasso and he is so wonderful. You would love him. He does a lot of fills for people all around. I know when I was getting my fill yeserday a lady had her surgery in Michigan and was going to him for her fills.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey all! I'm from Broken Arrow, and I am getting my lap band TOMORROW...Eek! :scared2: LOL with Dr. Luis Gorospe at Bailey Medical Center. Glad to see there are others who have used him!

Looking forward to sharing our experiences, and glad to have some locals on the board.

Take care!!