Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel Like I Am Able To Eat More Than I Should Be...

I was sleeved on November 14th and started eating a lot of Soup broth this week (vs just Gatorade and Protein shakes). I eat until I'm satisfied and a couple of times I have felt full, but I feel like I can eat a lot. Tonight I had almost an entire bowl of soup - it took me a little over an hour and after all is said and done, I probably drank about 8 ounces of broth with a couple small pieces of potato, and at least 8 ounces of Water. And I felt great - satisfied, not full.

Wondering if anyone else is able to eat this much? Worried my sleeve is too big and that I'm going to have gone through all of this for nothing. : /

I was just about to start a thread for a similar problem. I'm 6 days out and can drink a cup of miso broth no problem. Water is easy too, Protein is the only thing that gets stuck

I would say not to worry. When was the last time before the sleeve you felt able to get full off Soup of any kind? The liquid phase of the diet is partly to allow your freshly sliced stomach heal. You will definitely feel some restriction as your diet progresses. Some days you may feel like you have more restriction than others and from most that post here you will find this is a normal occurrence as well. Good luck and happy losing!

Happy to hear others have the same concerns as me!

Thanks for the reminder that Soup has never been so filling in my life :)

I would say not to worry. When was the last time before the sleeve you felt able to get full off Soup of any kind? The liquid phase of the diet is partly to allow your freshly sliced stomach heal. You will definitely feel some restriction as your diet progresses. Some days you may feel like you have more restriction than others and from most that post here you will find this is a normal occurrence as well. Good luck and happy losing!

perfect answer!! as you progress to bulkier Protein, the restriction of the sleeve will be more noticeable. But the simple fact that you feel satisfied after eating some soup, is a sign that you are on the road to success:)

liquids and solids feel different, you will fill fast on solids....dont worry!

Enjoy being able to finish anything! I can eat solids but can eat so little still that I prefer Soup so I can at least finish about 1/2 a serving (take out soup, small) for lunch, about 8-10 oz. I can also eat a whole yogurt or pudding but 3-4 small, well-chewed bites of solids like turkey or chicken and I feel like I ate an entire turkey! If I mix mashed potatoes with Protein I can eat more, but I don't want to have carbs every time I want turkey or chicken. I still haven't got my taste back for fish and I used to love tuna salad!

Hi all I had my sleeve on 18 nov but I suddenly have difficulty getting out of bed stabbing pain in lower abdomen but test show things r ok

Is that normal

Hi all I had my sleeve on 18 nov but I suddenly have difficulty getting out of bed stabbing pain in lower abdomen but test show things r ok

Is that normal

it could be a few things are you having bm if not then that could be your pain or i found cos your stomach muscles are not working cos of surgery you could be using the lower tummy muscles to compensate and that could be the pain. other thing to think of is it could be totally un related un this surgery what would you have thought it was if you hadn't been sleeved yet ?

Just a thought. In a sleeve book I read, the dr. Says to set a timer for 30 minutes and don't eat past that time. I haven't had surgery yet but he's a well known surgeon so I think he's onto something.

Thank you

I think ur muscle theory malkes sense as the pain in on getting out of bed and out chair and in

If u haven't some it yet don't do it, don't know of this pain is worth it yet

What actings r u all taking to prevent Solon sag

Thank you for all the responses - glad to know my sleeve worked. ;) Soft foods start tomorrow so if I can't get full during that, I'll talk to my Doctor.

I'm 7 days post op. I'm so glad I did the sleeve. What happens if you rush into to eat a small piece of meat? Will that make the sleeve enlarge?

I wouldnt advise trying until your dr or nut. clears you. Your stomach is still very swollen inside-thats why you are on clear then full Liquids only. Giving the stomach time to heal. You'll be surprised how little you will be able to eat at first. I prefer chilis and Soups over meat cuz I can eat so little of turkey, chicken, fish that I feel cheated! With ground beef like in chili, I still chew, chew, chew -again because I can't get enough in if I don't. Get full too fast.