Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

Sitting at the hospital just waiting to be called back. I've got to get these nerves under control

You can do it!

Omg I have a small one too my per op appt is on Monday and I was going to ask if they were going to be able to fix that too.. I'm so glad u posted know I know they can... Thanks juny... Besides that how are u feeling I've it to be truthful as far as the pain goes' date=',,,[/quote']

The pain is a 6 for me. I'm just very uncomfortable in any position I try except sitting up. The sleep is awful because its noisy. And because of the hernia I feel like I'm gurgling bubbles. I wish I was like everyone else w minimum pain but there it is.

Hello! I am having surgery Feb 25th. I start my liquid diet on Feb 11th!! Any tips or advice for me?

What has your Dr advised for your liquid diet? I'm on day 8 (surgery is 14th) and I am doing awesome! Here is my diet:

5 cups 1% milk (1 c at a time 5 times a day equals to drinking that every 3 hours) with 5 packages carnation instant Breakfast

I can also have 2 c broth

1/2 c Tomato juice or v8

S/f Jello (I made jigglers to trick my mind that I am eating)

S/f popsicles

Diet v8 splash

All the crystal lite as like things I want. I drink 80 oz of Fluid on top of the 5 c of milk a day.

And I have not cheated 1 bit. I think my success has been NOT cooking for my family (my husband has been doing this) and staying in the house as much as possible cleaning and preparing. Drive thrus are calling my name when I go by.

I also have been lucky not to experience any mood swings or headaches except one day I didnt drink enough fluids. I think they key os stay hydrated. This has worked for me. I wish you the best

The pain is a 6 for me. I'm just very uncomfortable in any position I try except sitting up. The sleep is awful because its noisy. And because of the hernia I feel like I'm gurgling bubbles. I wish I was like everyone else w minimum pain but there it is.

YIKES!!! Ill be praying for you!! i hope you feel better soon!! and thanks for being honest i dont want to go into this not knowing what to expect!! please keep me posted on how the bubble go cuz im sure ill be looking forward to that too.. thanks

Welcome Sassy!! I will send you an invite to the February Sleeve Buddies group and we can keep each other updated on out progress!

please send me an invite too my date is set for feb 26th and im supppppper excited

Well surgery went great. Sitting in the hospital room feeling a little bit tired but doing great. I hope everybody else had surgery today is doing just as well as me. Pain is at six but I think it's more discomfort and pain. God bless everyone else had surgery. Really tired but happy.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Well surgery went great. Sitting in the hospital room feeling a little bit tired but doing great. I hope everybody else had surgery today is doing just as well as me. Pain is at six but I think it's more discomfort and pain. God bless everyone else had surgery. Really tired but happy.

Great news! Good luck!

What has your Dr advised for your liquid diet? I'm on day 8 (surgery is 14th) and I am doing awesome! Here is my diet:

5 cups 1% milk (1 c at a time 5 times a day equals to drinking that every 3 hours) with 5 packages carnation instant breakfast

I can also have 2 c broth

1/2 c Tomato juice or v8

S/f Jello (I made jigglers to trick my mind that I am eating)

S/f popsicles

Diet v8 splash

All the crystal lite as like things I want. I drink 80 oz of Fluid on top of the 5 c of milk a day.

And I have not cheated 1 bit. I think my success has been NOT cooking for my family (my husband has been doing this) and staying in the house as much as possible cleaning and preparing. Drive thrus are calling my name when I go by.

I also have been lucky not to experience any mood swings or headaches except one day I didnt drink enough fluids. I think they key os stay hydrated. This has worked for me. I wish you the best

wow i want your doctor im allowed 2 shakes a day and a small meal of Protein at night and in between water!!! or crystal light!!!

Good to hear!

I got great tip my NUT today she said to make my broths/soup up and freeze them in ice cube trays and bag them 2 ice cubes to a bag and I have ready made meals.....will be doing that this weekend...

I had my last preop appointment today. Met with my wonderful surgeon, Dr. Joseph Steiner Lexington, KY St Joseph Hospital East, Weight Loss Center of Excellent. While driving to the appt my heart did flip flops why you ask why, BECAUSE THIS JUST GOT REALLY REAL.....YES I AM DOING THIS. WOW. It was really a learning experience, always something to learn. The first thing, they give you this wonderful wonderful Patient Handbook binder, yes I said binder, any question you can ever think of is answered in this book. A lovely lovely thing to have for you and your supporters. Another yeah I am down 11 lbs, Dr said I am doing great great and I will do wonderful. I am super excited now, I ready to get it going got alot of stuff together before my big grand brand new life...................So excited...Got so much I want to say but to excited can't even get it all out....I did ask him a question that brought chuckles to the room. I ask him you some of us older women getting sleeved are not as perky as we used to be and we don't want know one tripping over the boobies during surgery, so what you gonna do with them.....ROFL.....He said strangely enough that is not the first time I was asked that......Lovely man with a great sense of humor. Oh and he said he would takes pics for me during the surgery, he is doing it robotically........Yes 21st century surgery.........Happy Happy Joy joy

wow i want your doctor im allowed 2 shakes a day and a small meal of Protein at night and in between water!!! or crystal light!!!

Lol I want a small meal lol

So I guess I don't have it so bad lmao

I can't believe my surgery is over! Funny enough it didn't hit me until a few hours after that whoa, my entire life is changed. There's no changing my mind or giving up, etc. Im ready to get everything healed so I can starting kicking some ass! The surgery itself was pretty standard. Doc was pleased I lost 13lbs in the 10 day pre-op diet. I wiggled myself out of the bed and onto the operating table.. Felt like 3 seconds later and I'm waking up in recovery! Pain meds are a godsend right now but no gas discomfort surprisingly. It gets better every hour!

Surgery done today too and like Stacey says its hard to believe its done. Well except for the fact that I have had not one hunger pane yet (amazing) I did have gas really bad but I got up an hour after I was in my room and started walking 15-20 mins every hour and they were gone! I feel great I have no pain ( maybe cause of the push button Morphine) but no complaints here. The room and staff here is amazing I have a large private room with a giant walk in shower! So besides being so excited to begin this journey I am Gucci!!!

I can't believe my surgery is over! Funny enough it didn't hit me until a few hours after that whoa' date=' my entire life is changed. There's no changing my mind or giving up, etc. Im ready to get everything healed so I can starting kicking some ass! The surgery itself was pretty standard. Doc was pleased I lost 13lbs in the 10 day pre-op diet. I wiggled myself out of the bed and onto the operating table.. Felt like 3 seconds later and I'm waking up in recovery! Pain meds are a godsend right now but no gas discomfort surprisingly. It gets better every hour![/quote']

We have to be sleeve buddies!!