Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Sleevers?

I'm still in liquid phase. I have to go to puréed next before I get to soft mushies. What kinds of things did you eat on the puréed phase? Nor did you even have to go through that phase?

I think purees are the same as mushies. At least that's my impression. My next phase is soft foods (after 6 weeks of mushies/purees). I haven't done much but chicken salad, tuna sald, egg salad are good...served with crackers (since they basically dissolve in your mouth). If you do regular chicken then you'd have to puree that. Well-cooked veggies can be mushed up with your fork. Hope this helps!

I think purees are the same as mushies. At least that's my impression. My next phase is soft foods (after 6 weeks of mushies/purees). I haven't done much but chicken salad' date=' tuna sald, egg salad are good...served with crackers (since they basically dissolve in your mouth). If you do regular chicken then you'd have to puree that. Well-cooked veggies can be mushed up with your fork. Hope this helps![/quote']

Well I hope you are righ and they are the same thing! It says in my booklet they gave me that the two are different. But seriously, I could go for a mushy food right now and I still have another week of liquids and broths. But I will follow exactly what I'm told! The thought of egg salad REALLY sounds good. Haha!

Doing good 6 days post-op but cant sleep well wake up every 2-3 hours and dont know what to make of it. I really want some cream Soup but still on broth and Clear Liquids until Thursday grr

Doing good 6 days post-op but cant sleep well wake up every 2-3 hours and dont know what to make of it. I really want some cream Soup but still on broth and clear liquids until Thursday grr

Ooo, you can't sleep either? I haven't been able to sleep more than 2 hours and was worried it was me. I'm happy on clears still though, I still only at 30oz at most during the day.

Doing good 6 days post-op but cant sleep well wake up every 2-3 hours and dont know what to make of it. I really want some cream Soup but still on broth and clear liquids until Thursday grr

I have slept like a baby every night since surgery UNTIL last night. I had horrible nightmares all night and my husband had to wake me up three times from my "blood curdling screams" as he put it. I rarely dream that I can remember and it shook me to the bone last night.

I start back to work tomorrow so I am a bit afraid of the kind of sleep I will get tonight. I hope your sleep pattern improves. I really believe a very important part of a successful recovery is the proper amount of sleep. Best if luck. I'll be thinking of you!

I think I have an infection in my wisdom tooth. Hurts like hell and my gum flap looks somewhat swollen. Good thing I still have pain meds from the surgery. Ouch ouch ouch, can't wait til my dentist opens up tomorrow.

I think I have an infection in my wisdom tooth. Hurts like hell and my gum flap looks somewhat swollen. Good thing I still have pain meds from the surgery. Ouch ouch ouch' date=' can't wait til my dentist opens up tomorrow.[/quote']

Ouch, sorry about that.

Ok. To all the people who have recently had surgery. Heed my post. I had my first rut roh today! Was craving something with flavor so I heated up some progressive light beef and barley Soup. Strained it down to the broth, which wasn't much.

The first sip tasted sooooo good. It was hot and savory and yummy. So much more flavorful than any liquid I have had in 2 weeks. Well my excitement got the best of me and I must have sipped too much, too fast.

I got cramps in my stomach and my chest started to hurt and OMG I had to go lay down for about a half hour before I felt better.

Let me just say this: on the plus side I didn't throw up and I am a VERY quick learner. I will NOT do that again. Holy freaking pain batman!

Yeah it's rough. Be careful when u go into the mushy stage you don't do that again. I still have some issues where I have eaten too fast or drank too fast. The sleeve will let you know every time.

I did the same thing earlier except I think my crystal light was too cold. My left shoulder started hurting, my knees were killing me and it felt like I had a weight on my chest. What's worse is that my pain meds don't do anything except give a ton of energy (if I can manage to swallow them). I'm hoping some sleep and warm broth can help.

Well I hope you are righ and they are the same thing! It says in my booklet they gave me that the two are different. But seriously' date=' I could go for a mushy food right now and I still have another week of liquids and broths. But I will follow exactly what I'm told! The thought of egg salad REALLY sounds good. Haha![/quote']

My stages are: clear liquids (2 wks), full liquids (1 wk), purees (6wks)....

I have slept like a baby every night since surgery UNTIL last night. I had horrible nightmares all night and my husband had to wake me up three times from my "blood curdling screams" as he put it. I rarely dream that I can remember and it shook me to the bone last night.

I start back to work tomorrow so I am a bit afraid of the kind of sleep I will get tonight. I hope your sleep pattern improves. I really believe a very important part of a successful recovery is the proper amount of sleep. Best if luck. I'll be thinking of you!

Bad dreams can be a side effect of morphine. I have had them in the past. Horrible nightmares! So real....ugh. As the meds get out of your system they go away.

If any of you have fitness pal your welcome to add me my name is the same one as here will start as soon as i go into full liquids for now i just monitor my weight.

If any of you have fitness pal your welcome to add me my name is the same one as here will start as soon as i go into full liquids for now i just monitor my weight.

We have to have an email address to be able to find you. Mine is dbritt@comcast.net

Sent from my iPhone using VST

[ATTACH]9010[/ATTACH]

post-44088-13813662857382_thumb.png