Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Sleevers?

I'm also back to mommy duties except lifting. I absolutely cannot get enough Protein in. I'm doing pretty good with water..but even when I drink slow I'm still having gas pains. I have to stop and bend at the waste to get it out or stop and take a huge breath. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? I'm a week out and thought surely the gas from surgery would be gone by now.

January Sleevers. I went back to work full time on Monday. Both Monday and Tuesday I worked all day with no issues. Tuesday evening I tried to eat some of my mothers potato Soup. She even puréed it for me!

It was so good I ate it too fast and I filled up quickly. I didn't get really sick but just didn't feel well. I went to lay down around 6:45pm. I was going to lay down long enough to let my stomach ache pass. I fell asleep and never woke until 7:30 this morning! I am sure my body needed the sleep as that is an important part of recovery.

My issue with this is that when I woke this morning I was already behind the 8 ball with my Water and Protein. It set me back all day long! Matter of fact' date=' this is the worst day I have had since surgery. I'm just nauseous and feeling a little week. I did manage to get 70 ounces of Water in today because I am afraid of being dehydrated.

I also just had a small portion of my moms potato soup tonight with some Protein Powder mixed in. I couldn't get much Protein in today because of being so nauseous.

Help? Did I do the right thing by at least getting my water in? I sure hope I feel better tomorrow.[/quote']

When was your surgery?

I would definitely prioritize water then protein for the first week so you don't dehydrate.

I hope you feel better.

I'm also back to mommy duties except lifting. I absolutely cannot get enough Protein in. I'm doing pretty good with Water..but even when I drink slow I'm still having gas pains. I have to stop and bend at the waste to get it out or stop and take a huge breath. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? I'm a week out and thought surely the gas from surgery would be gone by now.

I know I'm not getting enough fliuid in, even though I sip all day, just like I'm not getting enough Protein in. My body just can't take that much liquid. I also have had your issue and I agree about bending over to help.

Hey January sleevers...I have a question. I am 6 days out today and I kept reading about miso Soup. I bought some and ate it tonight. I really really loved the taste of it apart from my regular blah broth, lol...well its was very tasty and now my head is sorta spinning. Is that really a good soup of choice? I am afraid to eat anymore, it tasty salty but I love salt. Please let me know if that is a good soup for the full liquid stage. Now I have to eat crackers to help myself feel better. Ughhhh

Hey January sleevers...I have a question. I am 6 days out today and I kept reading about miso Soup. I bought some and ate it tonight. I really really loved the taste of it apart from my regular blah broth' date='lol...well its was very tasty and now my head is sorta spinning. Is that really a good soup of choice? I am afraid to eat anymore, it tasty salty but I love salt. Please let me know if that is a good soup for the full liquid stage. Now I have to eat crackers to help myself feel better. Ughhhh[/quote']

Hey shortsleeve. You shouldn't be eating crackers specially 6days out. As far as the soup salt isn't good at least not on ur first two weeks while ur stomach heals. Try reading the label before buying any type of soup. I usually make mine homemade. I cut little tiny pieces of cilantro n onions with a very lite tiny bit of salt n let the Water boil. Once is hot it tastes good. But whatever you choose try not to eat those crackers just yet. Best of luck.

Thanks Perez....I was just looking over a forum that said miso Soup is good in the liquid stage ,but im not eating it no more because it was too salty and I got real dizzy. As far as crackers, I ate about 10 so for; Between the 3rd day post op through tonight.it seem to settle my stomach and my new sleeve allows it. But I only eat them if needed.I also suck on peppermints to settle my stomach sometimes. My sleeve accepted the mints and I was shocked. Thanks for the advice...no more miso soup for me...ughhh

Hey January sleevers...I have a question. I am 6 days out today and I kept reading about miso Soup. I bought some and ate it tonight. I really really loved the taste of it apart from my regular blah broth' date='lol...well its was very tasty and now my head is sorta spinning. Is that really a good soup of choice? I am afraid to eat anymore, it tasty salty but I love salt. Please let me know if that is a good soup for the full liquid stage. Now I have to eat crackers to help myself feel better. Ughhhh[/quote']

I wouldn't eat the crackers, your tummy is healing and food isn't allowed for 3 weeks, I think that will make it worse. I'm a week out and a full liquid that's watered down makes me sick.

Thanks Perez....I was just looking over a forum that said miso Soup is good in the liquid stage ,but im not eating it no more because it was too salty and I got real dizzy. As far as crackers, I ate about 10 so for; Between the 3rd day post op through tonight.it seem to settle my stomach and my new sleeve allows it. But I only eat them if needed.I also suck on peppermints to settle my stomach sometimes. My sleeve accepted the mints and I was shocked. Thanks for the advice...no more miso soup for me...ughhh

The thought of eating even one cracker is making my sleeve gurgle at me.... I made my potato soup too thick earlier and she pitched a fit. Yes my sleeve is a she.. :-)

Thanks Jessi....I will do that. Next week Friday, 15 days postop , I am allowed soft foods. Now that is a stage I will embrace very cautiously...but I must admit, I am always hungry now. Not head hunger..real hunger...Ughhhh

Txbrit....my sleeve is a female also...I named her Temperance because she is very temperamental. What I would think my stomach would not agree with, it loves it. Trust me, the crackers settled her down

.lol. The peppermints does also. My sleeve is very odd.....ughhh

Thanks Jessi....I will do that. Next week Friday' date=' 15 days postop , I am allowed soft foods. Now that is a stage I will embrace very cautiously...but I must admit, I am always hungry now. Not head hunger..real hunger...Ughhhh[/quote']

Next Tuesday is 14 days post op for me and I'm allowed pureed foods but I'm barely getting enough liquids in now so we shall see. So your hungry already? Is it the same feeling as pre-op? I noticed I have a lot of head hunger, and am dying for some soft cheese...lol

Next Tuesday is 14 days post op for me and I'm allowed pureed foods but I'm barely getting enough liquids in now so we shall see. So your hungry already? Is it the same feeling as pre-op? I noticed I have a lot of head hunger' date=' and am dying for some soft cheese...lol[/quote']

Jessi Rae....it is the same type of hunger as preop....I am trying to increase my Water or liquids to see if that will fill me up. Next weekend I am flying to Georgia for a christening for 5 days...I am terrified. Totally!!!! I don't know what or how I am gonna eat. I am not telling no one about my new journey and my family is real real big on foods and eating out....I will be tested mentally on that trip. But I must say and will say.."bye bye my food love affair"....lol....ughhh

Jessi Rae....it is the same type of hunger as preop....I am trying to increase my Water or liquids to see if that will fill me up. Next weekend I am flying to Georgia for a christening for 5 days...I am terrified. Totally!!!! I don't know what or how I am gonna eat. I am not telling no one about my new journey and my family is real real big on foods and eating out....I will be tested mentally on that trip. But I must say and will say.."bye bye my food love affair"....lol....ughhh

Good luck with that, I know about not wanting to tell people and when they see you not eating it raises a lot of questions. You can be strong though, just find mushy things and use my current line of why I'm not eating much" my stomach has been kind of icky lately" good luck, I'm sue you'll be fine.

Was put on a 3.week full liquid diet I was not happy but I guess my dr knows more than me so.far I have been on liquids for 4 weeks.and now.3 more to.go. My 1 post/op apt went great stables removed and now keep moving forward.

Was put on a 3.week full liquid diet I was not happy but I guess my dr knows more than me so.far I have been on liquids for 4 weeks.and now.3 more to.go. My 1 post/op apt went great stables removed and now keep moving forward.

Seem like you had a good 1st postop appt. Your Dr is very wise and knowledgeable. Did your Dr say why you are to do 3 more weeks of full liquid?