Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help - Was Sleeved On Monday The 12Th

I was also Sleeved on 11/12. I came out of recovery asking to walk because the pain was so bad. 4 hours later the nurse helped me up and I walked so far she was shocked, but it was the only way I could get rid of the pain. I was released the next day. I'm having problems getting all my Fluid down, but each day improving. Had BM yesterday and felt 100 times better afterwards, (sorry TMI). Under my plan I am able to have strained cream Soups, so last night I had 1/4 cup of strained potatoe Soup. It took me a while to get it down but it was good. Also, I've been adding crystal light to my Water and that has helped as well.

They fill your belly with air to easily maneuver around your organs thats why you have alot of gas. I agree with the other posters... Only thing that helps is Walk... Walk... Walk.... Also, my Dr (I know they're all different) told me to take 2 Tums 3x a day.. And it really helped!! I would time myself and just walk around my house for 15 minutes 3 x a day! It's gets better really fast!!

Right now I am one burping farting sexy beast! Every day is getting better. We're all coming out the other side pretty well it seems. Walk walk walk. Sip sip sip!

I am hungry too..the bland chicken broth is yucky...drinking a lot of propell my stomach hurts..using the gasx strips..but that egg noodle Soup sounds like the cats pajamas.

Congrats to all the Nov 12th sleevers. yes your stomach is still swollen. I was sleeved on 9/24 and I am now just beginning to feel like the stomach is no longer swollen. The pain under your breastbone or rib cage right after eating or drinking is either from too much or too fast or both. I still get these if I don't watch it. The best advise I got was to eat with baby fork/spoon and to wait 60 seconds between bites. Same with drinking 1oz or so at at time then wait drink again. Eating the broths are ok, but just make sure you are getting your Proteins in (60-80 per day). And for God's sake don't even think about carbonated beverage until at least 6 months out. Good Luck to all.

Day 5. I finally smiled today. I haven't smiled done before surgery. I decided to try an Unjury chicken broth today. I was able to get 4 ounces down slowly. I stopped there and took a little nap. I woke up a short while later and actually felt decent. I wonder if it was the Protein? I hadn't had any at all until then. I got up and ate the other 4 ounces. I'm feeling decent. It was nice to feel my smile once again. Thanks to everyone here! I don't feel so alone.

Hi, had my sleeve tuesday nov 13th horrible horrible horrible but I knew no matter what I had to walk, bye day 3 I was starting to feel better Im not getting all the liquids down but I just keep trying plain Water sucks.one thing i found not to bad is chicken noodle Soup of course just the broth and just warm not hot i am getting about 4oz of protine down the main problem im having is when i sip alotof times i get this wave of nauses and then burp. i dont no if im taking to big of a sip which believe me its not alot or what. havent had a bm but i figured on that. and i can't seem to sleep more then two hours at once which drives me nuts

Had my sleeve surgery on Nov 13 - so I guess that makes me about 5 days post op. I have had ups and downs. Definitely felt horrible for the first several days. Went through the whole "what was I thinking" feeling. Or "buyer's remorse" as the local bariatric program folks call it. Feeling a bit better the past 2 days.

I have trouble figuring out what I am feeling in terms of my body. The first couple days I was burping a lot. Then I got constipated - most likely from the pain meds. My surgeon recommended milk of magnesia. That worked but now I have the opposite problem and running to the bathroom. Somewhere in between would be nice : )

I have tolerated liquids pretty well. No vomiting. My surgeon has me on Prilosec twice daily. I struggle with being able to tell whether I am hungry, have reflux or some other thing going on. I can't seem to judge what I am feeling the way I could pre-op. Is my stomach growling or is it upset? I can't figure it out. Anyone else have that issue?

I mostly just wish I felt better overall. It gets depressing at times. I know I have had major surgery and it will take time. I keep telling myself all the positive thoughts. Not always easy though!

I think I am doing pretty well getting enough Water and hydration but I am sooooo sick of broth, Jello, popsicles etc. I am due to go to the second stage of liquids on Tuesday but wondering if I can't try some of that out sooner since I have been tolerating things pretty well. Any thoughts?

Nice to have a forum to discuss, whine and vent with others going through the same thing!

I agree, I can't tell if I'm hungry or my new tummy is pissed off. I think it actually gave me the finger the other day! :) I thought days 4 and 5 I was starving. But really I wasn't hungry - just trying to get used to the new feelings and signals. I can't wait to be able to go to soft liquid stage - yogurt, creamed Soups and pudding - that should be on Monday. but taking it slow is the key here I think.

Also, no BM yet - REALLY! I was sleeved on Monday. Dr. told me to get Miralax - so I drank that and still nothing. I can take it again tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. I never thought I would be so happy as the time I get to use the potty. TMI

I definitely did too much today. I bent over to get something in a low cabinet and I really felt the "pull" in my abdomen - like I was very aware of the staples. good luck everyone

Today was the first day I actually felt hunger. I was actually excited because I knew what my body was saying! Then, I over drank! Oh dear! That is not a fun feeling, so learned that lesson real quick! I made really runny cream of wheat for Breakfast and poured about an ounce into my bowl and separated the rest between two more bowls for my dogs. They are loving this whole momma isn't eating thing. They are making out like bandits!!! Anyways, told my mom that I over ate and a few minutes later, she went to the kitchen and saw the dogs' bowls which were over half full a piece and she jumped on my ass!!! "Well, hell Mindy, no wonder you're full!!! You ate an entire cup if you ate as much as you gave the dogs!!!". I told her to simmer down and that I probably had 1 ounce and she said that I needed to measure. So, at lunch, I poured exactly 2 ounces of cream of broccoli Soup (very yummy if you like broccoli BTW) and ate until I was full and measured the rest. I can only eat 1 OUNCE of soup before I'm full and belching! Told mom I think the doc got a little carried away when he took out my stomach and took too much, greedy fart!!! So, the weight is coming off and that has me pretty happy! I finally know what my body is telling me and I'm relieved about that. The gas is gone for the most part, but occasionally likes to read its ugly head, but so much better now. Though I have never given birth, I can only describe this through the way my BFF explained her delivering her daughter. I will always remember the severe pain that I was in and the pain afterward, but I love my sleeve and would do it all over again!!!! Aww, my sleeve is my baby!! Wow, didn't mean to ramble on so. Back on my Multivitamins and they give me some much needed energy! Dang, still talking. G'night all!!!

I felt like I was starving every couple hours today! Thankfully an oz or two of Soup does the trick! For a few minutes I wished that I could just shove a giant cheeseburger in my mouth then I snapped out of it. The battle in my head will be harder than the surgery.

I'm on day 4 post-op. I dreamt I made bacon then hid it. Then I'd sneak a piece now and then! No! Bad dream!

I feel I'm doing pretty good considering. The roads where I live are terrible and my tummy feels every bump. I am getting in 64 oz plus a day and can drink just fine as long as I am sitting up or even standing. Still pretty swollen. Hadn't had a BM but had plenty of gas so I know my bowels are working. Broke down and had a warm Water enema and feel so much better now.

I've actually had some moments where I question if I should feel this good and be able to drink this much! I am messed up in the head!

Good to hear we are all in relatively the same place. I know it makes me feel more 'normal'.

Doing well also. Went to the movies tonight with my friend that was sleeved two weeks prior. Thought it would be harder without popcorn, but we both made it fine. Brought my Water bottle and sipped all night.

I haven't made it to 64 oz of Fluid yet, I'm about 48. Able to take little bigger sips each day.

I'm the care taker for my 92 yo mother, so I continue cooking meals for her. That is hard. But, I'm making it.

6 days post op -

I have always loved Winnie the Pooh. All I can think now is "I have a rumbly in my tumbly". I find that my stomach is making the same noises and feelings for everything. So I can't figure out if I am hungry, full, have indigestion etc etc. Only time I can actually tell what my stomach is feeling is if I have nausea.

sleep eluded me last night. I have not been able to get back on a regular schedule since coming home from the hospital.

Question -

Anyone still having some difficulty breathing? I have been using the breathing device they gave me in the hospital and the inhaler. I just thought it would be better by now. I would not say I am short of breath but my lungs do not feel like they are at full capacity either....

Trying my first bit of soupy oatmeal this morning. Hopefully all goes well!

CAS621, today is actually the first day that I can take a full deep breath without any pain at all (sleeved Monday). Love the Pooh reference!!!