Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one in utah want to talk

Everyone seems to be different in their recoveries. I had pretty bad pain and nausea for 3 days after surgery. I took liquid Lortab every 4 hours for those three days. But after that, I started to feel a little bit better every day. I had pretty low energy for 2 weeks or so I didn't do a lot of cleaning other than dishes and light stuff for awhile.

But I've heard some people only take liquid Tylenol (Audrey!) and go back to work after 3 days. It really just depends...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I was alot like JDru. I took lortab for about a week. Went back to work after a week but tired for about 2. I also had a terrible pain in my abdomen. couldn't straighten out. That only lasted about 3 days. My friend who had this done wanted to go back to work the next day...crap shoot....Good luck to you..

Like Jessica mentioned, I took liquid Tylenol the second day because of the gas pain in the shoulders and neck. Other than that, I didn't take anything. Also, I was cleaning the bathroom the next day - it ended up being a bit much and I had to stop. I still have the whole bottle of loritab sitting in the cabinet...

It's true - everyone is different. I took the whole week off of work and had surgery on Monday. By Wednesday, I was bored out of my mind. I spent the rest of the week going to places like Walmart, where I could spend time walking around the whole store (the weather was a bit yucky at the time, so walking outside wasn't a great option). I was just happy that I wasn't at home in front of the TV.

Best of luck to you! Keep us updated...

Thanks everybody.....I sure hope I am like you Audrey!!!!! I have help for the first week....(my family is all in Vegas)...so we shall see how it goes! I will definitely keep everyone posted. I am here in Vegas for Thanksgiving the high today will be 73!!! I am hot!!!lol

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I think I may have eaten too much! But I don't feel sick or anything, just that I ate more than I though I should have. But nothing compared to last year! I ate bread and turkey no problem. Well...tomorrow is another day. :)

I too would like to wish you all a happy thanksgiving (weekend) I spent the last two days up in powder Mountain above Ogden. My daughter and her family have a condo. We had a good time just doing nothing. My son from Calif came. Food---not to good. haven't weighed since I got back. I ate alittle bit of everything. about 1/4 cup of each thing. But all I can say is that it was ok. I didn't eat half as much as last year so that is progress. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend..

Hello!

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was nice. I too ate more than I would in a normal day, but certainly not as much as last year. I had about 2 tablespoons of everything (dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, green Beans, turkey, etc.) And I had dessert for the first time since surgery - Bannana Cream Pie Yummmmmy! :)

I was out and about early this morning to do my Christmas shopping. Went up to Park City for a while, then the mall, then Kohls. So, I walked off a good deal of what I ate last night. (At least that's what I am telling myself to make myself feel better about it.) One thing I have noticed, is that I have gotten in the habit of parking in the far end of the lot and walking, so the parking issues today really didn't bother me much.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

JD and Auntie.....have you guys had a fill yet? I am surprised that you could eat bread JD???? Most people say that they can't. But I guess everybody is different. Bread and sweets is a big problem for me now.....so I am hoping they won't be in the future. My mom was all sad for me when I told her I wouldn't be able to eat bread after the surgery. She said, "no bread really????" in this very sad pitiful voice. Oh well better to be alive and healthy in ten to twenty years, I guess I can pass up all that stuff......ONe more week to go before my pre op diet!!! I am getting a little nervous!

I haven't had a fill yet...I go in on Dec 4. I hope that I will be able to get one! I think I'm able to eat bread bc I don't have any restriction right now. I was able to eat 2 rolls (white bread) on Thanksgiving. And I had a piece of toast on Sunday. We'll see how all of that changes after the fill. I've read that some people can do toast, crackers or whole wheat bread, just not doughy white bread.

I haven't had a fill yet. The doc said I was doing ok without it. but I noticed that I am loosing control. Like I went to a conference today and ate a frosted sugar cookie. Came home and made honey BBQ wings, (frozen in a bag) then I ate mashed potatoes with roast beef. Really, I feel like I am loosing it. I don't have an appointment for 2 weeks. So I will try to hold on until then.. I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE IN TO THIS DO I? Sorry for the downer... Sandy

Sandy don't feel bad, my appetite seems to have returned with a vengeance this week. And it's only Tuesday. ;) I think I've been eating SO much but when I actually add it up (I keep track of everything on sparkpeople.com) it's not as bad as I thought. Don't beat yourself up over it...tomorrow is another day!

I have read on other sites that the period when the swelling goes down until you get your fill/sweet spot is called bandster hell! So I think it is all normal.....just hungry because no restriction like you said JD!!! I have heard some say this is the hardest part....what you guys are experiencing. FUN!!!! I think I will just have to focus on the end result as much as possible.....and tell my dh to keep the sweets out of the house!!! He thinks I am the one with the sweet tooth.....(we will just let him continue to think that!) lol

In the pack at the pre-op class I was given samples of a clear Liquid Protein drink called nectar. I tried it but it's difficult to swallow and I can't imagine myself living off this during the clear liquid days. I need to hurry and order something so its all ready to go. Looks like they also suggest Isopure, beneprotein and things like that. Have you guys used them and which ones did you like? Thanks!!!

I loved the Unjury's Orange Sorbet Protein drink! I bought one of those hurricane mixers because the chunks in Protein drinks make ma gag. It's a clear liquid that is kind of sweet and I think quite yummy. You can order samples on their website I think.

Oh... Hi from up in Ogden!

Hello fellow Utahns! Good to find this group I am one weekpost op, had my surgery done in Mexico and I am so very tired, but getting a little stronger every day.

Any of the Utah group here had their surgery done outside of the US?

I am glad I did it, it went well, but I am kind of wishing I had waited until after the holidays. I did most of the Christmas shopping before I had the surgery, but I'm dreading next week when it is blitz time for school and ward parties.