Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

K you post op vets I need some help! I just got home from being sleeved and every time I drink Water it starts foaming in the back of my throat, then when I spit out the foam it's pure blood! Is this normal? And also they sent me home with pain meds and it feels like it is stuck in my throat, should I just let it desolve? Help what do I do!

If you are spitting up blood I would call your surgeon ASAP.

bleeding/blood = DR or ER for me

Did you have this problem while in the hospital at all? Most hospitals will not let you leave if you aren't able to swallow liquid.

Agree!! Call your doc, you should not be bleeding from your mouth! No pills my mouth either- all meds should be liquid right now.

Call your surgeon!

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

CALL YOUR SURGEON NOW!!!! also, at this stage my pain med was liquid. You can not handle a pill at this stage.

Yes please see your surgeon as soon as possible!! Prayers for you!!

When I was in hospital I cough up blood a few times they said it was ok. I am 2 weeks post op today all is good for me. But you never know every person is different.

I threw up blood too for a day or so, it was awful and scary however 6 weeks today and am doin great with no other issues at all :) good luck!

Call them if it persists!

Thanks everyone! I called my doctor and he said that blood is normal! He then told me to crush up the meds! They made me take them whole in the hospital today nd it freaked me out...lol

Thanks everyone! I called my doctor and he said that blood is normal! He then told me to crush up the meds! They made me take them whole in the hospital today nd it freaked me out...lol

You should not have had to go through that! I was given a pill crusher and shown how to use it before surgery... The pill will taste awful ... I sprinkle mine on a tablespoon of Jello... It helps to get it down. Good luck!

Glad to hear you are ok!! I wonder if you could plead with him for a liquid form instead of the pill?! it's so much easier

K you post op vets I need some help! I just got home from being sleeved and every time I drink Water it starts foaming in the back of my throat, then when I spit out the foam it's pure blood! Is this normal? And also they sent me home with pain meds and it feels like it is stuck in my throat, should I just let it desolve? Help what do I do!

wow how scary...I have read on here that some throw up blood from the surgery. What a traumatic thing...yikes. If anything else seems not right I would not hesitate to call or go in. Hope you are doing well now....keep us updated and as before praying : )

You should not have had to go through that! I was given a pill crusher and shown how to use it before surgery... The pill will taste awful ... I sprinkle mine on a tablespoon of Jello... It helps to get it down. Good luck!

my doctor said i could put my pills and capsules in the blender along with Water or yoghurt as long as they are not extended release pills. This seems like a good idea to me.