Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 5Th Sleevers?

I,too, get a sharp pain in my chest if I sip too much or too quickly. And my tummy growls and gurgles a lot. I think the chest pain is from taking in air with your sip. I've been walking and that does help. I'm getting in about 24 grams of Protein a day and about 32 ounces of Water...half of what I need to be getting. My worst thing is getting down the supplements. They are just nasty! Every day does seem to be getting a bit better! I just hope these next two weeks pass quickly!

Had my surgery on November 7th -- came home 2 days later. I cannot believe how exhausted I was -- feeling much more lively each day. I also had a bad case of the dry heaves while in the hospital! I don't have any pain just soreness. My neck is really bothering me and I have horrible diarrhea. I called the surgeon's office and they say that is normal. Everything I eat (clear liquids) goes right through me. YUK!! Just so glad to be home -- went out yesterday with husband to the drug store and today to buy more Jello -- we had beautiful weather here and I wanted to get out. I am hoping that I will be able to take myself out on Wednesday for a hair appointment -- I am not taking any pain medication.

Good evening,

I had my surgery on november 5th...it also included an undetected hernia...so he repaired that as well. I was in the hospital until Saturday due to extreme naseou (sp?), and swelling. That was the worse. This is my second day at home and I am feeling 100% better. I do have a pain in my neck. My family has been wonderful (especially my husband in my recovery)...I am not that hungrey and am able to keep down cream of chicken Soup.

I am so glad that first week is over.

Hope everyone else is well!

Beth

Good evening' date='

I had my surgery on november 5th...it also included an undetected hernia...so he repaired that as well. I was in the hospital until Saturday due to extreme naseou (sp?), and swelling. That was the worse. This is my second day at home and I am feeling 100% better. I do have a pain in my neck. My family has been wonderful (especially my husband in my recovery)...I am not that hungrey and am able to keep down cream of chicken Soup.< /p>

I am so glad that first week is over.

Hope everyone else is well!

Beth[/quote']

I'm with you...had my surgery on the 6th, and very glad first week is behind me. Now it's on to healing! Good luck to you

I'm with you...had my surgery on the 6th' date=' and very glad first week is behind me. Now it's on to healing! Good luck to you[/quote']

Hey guys happy our first week is over as well. Please tell me dies anyone not sleep through the night? I'm woken by physical hunger pains and I know its not in my head. I'm taking all meds as recommended and don't skip anything. Still struggling with Protein intake. Only take pain medicine at night. Insight anyone :( talked to nurses line today she couldn't put her finger on it just told me to keep with a journal so my surgeon could figure it out

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

Happy first week. Hard to believe its been a week already. Glad to be here ???? I had the hunger pain for a couple nights. I asked my Dr office they said to have some Protein before I go to bed and if I still wake up to take a few sips of the protein. Wish all of us a quick recovery. I am still feeling sore but over all I feel great. ????

I wake up during the night with pains I try to sip a lil Water and lay back down. The pain of being hungry is nothing to the actual physical pain I feel. I'm still sore from the surgery in the gas pains are sitting on my back which is not good b/c I lay on my sides yet. Going to fill my meds today and hope that helps me.

I wake up in the middle of the night...from my neck pain....drink some Water then go back to sleep. Last night was the first night I stayed in my own bed. Very restless.

I wake up in the middle of the night...from my neck pain....drink some Water then go back to sleep. Last night was the first night I stayed in my own bed. Very restless.

Last night was my 1st night home back in my bed in it was extremely uncomfortable. My doctor said it should get better.

Suggestion for those of you with sleeping/comfort issues.

I have an extra pillow that lays under my regular pillow. Raises my head and shoulder up just a little.

Tried to go without that pillow last night and somehow I had pressure on my belly.

I also have a little longer then reg pillow that I sleep next to.

My belly sits up against it and I put the rest between my legs. Takes damn near all the pressure off my belly.

I am sleeping like a baby.

Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Good Luck

I'm with you...had my surgery on the 6th, and very glad first week is behind me. Now it's on to healing! Good luck to you

I concur! I'm finally feeling better! Largest incision is still a little sore, but life is good again! :)

Thanks! Going to try body pillow tonight.

Sleeved 11/5 has anyone experience swelling and brusing where the incision is.. I did call the docror a couple of days ago and they told me to keep an eye on it and see how I feel. I dont like going to the hospital but at the same time I don't want to play this down if it is serious. .any advice???

Where is the incision? The one above my belly button was like that. It's a more sensitive area.

Any pus? Is it warm to the touch? Inflammed around the edges? Any red streaks? Any fevers? If no to all, then try warm moist compresses 3-4x a day. Always call your doc w any changes.