Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct. 15, 2012 Sleeve Date

How are you doing' date=' GeauxForIt? I hope you're feeling better.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy[/quote']

Still fighting this evil sinus infection. It's a rough one and I just feel run down. Ready for this to be over! WAH. Thanks for asking though.

Also, since I'm at my parents' house, I weighed this morning. Well THAT was a mistake...only THREE pounds down in 2 weeks, and that just sucks! Three? Seriously?!?! >:(

Still fighting this evil sinus infection. It's a rough one and I just feel run down. Ready for this to be over! WAH. Thanks for asking though.

Also' date=' since I'm at my parents' house, I weighed this morning. Well THAT was a mistake...only THREE pounds down in 2 weeks, and that just sucks! Three? Seriously?!?! >:([/quote']

Three pounds is good! I'm down 1 pound in two weeks. It will get better. Hang in there!

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

OK. It's my turn to be frustrated. I gained weight this week. GAINED!!! What the heck is going on? I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, but I gained a pound!!!

Just remember muscle weighs more than fat and it is completely normal.

The scale is moving again!! I lost the pound I gained plus two more. I'm relieved! Today I'm wearing pants that had been too tight before surgery but are now loose. Hope has returned!

Oh (I am so happy I found this forum!!! I am an Oct 15th sleever as well and do not know anyone else who had a VSG so this is a wonderful thread!!! First of all am 66 years old and am a bit jealous of the young people who have made the change with so much of their lives ahead of them but I think as long as I am breathing I can move forward to better life. I have spent my career as a profesional food critic and love to eat, so committing to the sleeve was a choice I did not make lightly. So far here are the good things: my surgeon was very good and my scars have totally disappeared, no complications or pain after I left the hospital (1 day). I have lost weight and a few jean sizes. I look better. Some bad stuff is I am also having problems getting all the Protein and Water in. My pouch is tiny and the few times I ate the whole cup of yogurt too fast I started to drool which was very unpleasant. It is hard to undo a lifetime of bad habits. I am fighting mental hunger more than physical hunger which feels very odd. I keep looking at 2 ounces of baby food and then at my huge self and can't compute that this can keep me going.

Oh (I am so happy I found this forum!!! I am an Oct 15th sleever as well and do not know anyone else who had a VSG so this is a wonderful thread!!! First of all am 66 years old and am a bit jealous of the young people who have made the change with so much of their lives ahead of them but I think as long as I am breathing I can move forward to better life. I have spent my career as a profesional food critic and love to eat' date=' so committing to the sleeve was a choice I did not make lightly. So far here are the good things: my surgeon was very good and my scars have totally disappeared, no complications or pain after I left the hospital (1 day). I have lost weight and a few jean sizes. I look better. Some bad stuff is I am also having problems getting all the Protein and Water in. My pouch is tiny and the few times I ate the whole cup of yogurt too fast I started to drool which was very unpleasant. It is hard to undo a lifetime of bad habits. I am fighting mental hunger more than physical hunger which feels very odd. I keep looking at 2 ounces of baby food and then at my huge self and can't compute that this can keep me going.[/quote']

Welcome! Glad to have you join us!!!

I also wondered how this small amount of food was keeping me going & said so to my nut. She reminded me of how much I have stored that my body will now use for energy ;-)

That makes sense...having come from robust peasant stock a dr once told me that I am genetically programmed to survive any famine...basically the same thought, I can live off my ass for a year.

That makes sense...having come from robust peasant stock a dr once told me that I am genetically programmed to survive any famine...basically the same thought' date=' I can live off my ass for a year.[/quote']

LOL!!! German heritage has ensured that for me as well!

That makes sense...having come from robust peasant stock a dr once told me that I am genetically programmed to survive any famine...basically the same thought' date=' I can live off my ass for a year.[/quote']

Oh lord at LEAST a year for me, too!! My husband calls it a "juicy booty". I just call it my big, fat ass!!

Oh (I am so happy I found this forum!!! I am an Oct 15th sleever as well and do not know anyone else who had a VSG so this is a wonderful thread!!! First of all am 66 years old and am a bit jealous of the young people who have made the change with so much of their lives ahead of them but I think as long as I am breathing I can move forward to better life. I have spent my career as a profesional food critic and love to eat' date=' so committing to the sleeve was a choice I did not make lightly. So far here are the good things: my surgeon was very good and my scars have totally disappeared, no complications or pain after I left the hospital (1 day). I have lost weight and a few jean sizes. I look better. Some bad stuff is I am also having problems getting all the Protein and Water in. My pouch is tiny and the few times I ate the whole cup of yogurt too fast I started to drool which was very unpleasant. It is hard to undo a lifetime of bad habits. I am fighting mental hunger more than physical hunger which feels very odd. I keep looking at 2 ounces of baby food and then at my huge self and can't compute that this can keep me going.[/quote']

Welcome!! I have trouble with head hunger, too. I feel real hunger, too, but I'm learning to tell the difference. I struggle with my liquid, but seem to do ok with my protein levels. Being on real food now helps tremendously. It is a bit odd to eat so little and then be so full.

Today was my first 12-hour shift since surgery, and my energy stayed rather consistent all day. I only wish I didn't have heart burn.

Hi Oct 15th sisters...This has been a rocky week for me, and reading your posts has helped. Yesterday I felt so droopy and tired so I pushed myself beyond puree with a test of one oz ground turkey mixed with cottage cheese. I ate it slowly (for me) but after 5 minutes I started to foam or slime or whatever it is called when you have to spit out your saliva. It felt horrible and I got depressed thinking that I would never get any better. I was having buyers remorse about the sleeve, feeling weak and grumpy and no appetite-ish and acidy. I also gained a lb. So I went back today on shakes and tea and Water and am not drooling. I also was constipated which I have never before been in my entire life. I felt like I had a bowling ball lodged up my ass. I took some senekot and things eased up. Hopefully things will smooth out a bit.

Hi Oct 15th sisters...This has been a rocky week for me' date=' and reading your posts has helped. Yesterday I felt so droopy and tired so I pushed myself beyond puree with a test of one oz ground turkey mixed with cottage cheese. I ate it slowly (for me) but after 5 minutes I started to foam or slime or whatever it is called when you have to spit out your saliva. It felt horrible and I got depressed thinking that I would never get any better. I was having buyers remorse about the sleeve, feeling weak and grumpy and no appetite-ish and acidy. I also gained a lb. So I went back today on shakes and tea and Water and am not drooling. I also was constipated which I have never before been in my entire life. I felt like I had a bowling ball lodged up my ass. I took some senekot and things eased up. Hopefully things will smooth out a bit.[/quote']

They will get better! It's too easy to go too fast and expect a huge weight loss too soon. It took time to gain the weight, it will take time to take it off, but we have this wonderful tool to help us.

I was stalled, but finally, I'm losing again. You will, too. Your body is probably just freaking out & eventually, it will figure it out and fall in line. Do the program and don't quit.

Guess what today is!! It's November 15th--our one-month sleeversary!

Happy Anniversary October 15th Sleevers!!

We've come a long way! There have been tough times, and there are more to come, but we've had good times, too. Consider where we were two months ago. Remember the excitement you felt knowing your life was going to change soon? You made the decision to take control of your life--to live it on your own terms, and not let fear or cravings or hunger dictate your actions.

You took a huge leap of faith. And that faith WILL pay off. We believed it then & we have to believe it now. We CAN do this!! We have already come so far. Promise yourself you will not give up...you are worth the effort.

I am a 10/31 sleever, but this threat has been so inspiring and helpful to me! Thank you!