Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct. 15, 2012 Sleeve Date

I promise you all it gets better. i gained at first too. try to relax and let your body heal. once you heal, you can rev it up and give it your all. it will happen for you too, you gotta be patient :)

I am a 10/15 er...everytime i see a pizza commercial i hate myself for having surgery lol....i crave food but i am not hu gry. I think i hurt myself today. I was bending over a lot sorting laundry and moving the piles into the laundry room and when i bent ovet again it felt like my stomach was on fire burning on my right middle. When I laid down it felt better bur i dont remember hearing not to bend at the waist....did you?? I was trying to do too much but I didnt lift anything heavy... hopefully its not serious. The weight loss was great at first but has been slow going this week.

I am a 10/15 er...everytime i see a pizza commercial i hate myself for having surgery lol....i crave food but i am not hu gry. I think i hurt myself today. I was bending over a lot sorting laundry and moving the piles into the laundry room and when i bent ovet again it felt like my stomach was on fire burning on my right middle. When I laid down it felt better bur i dont remember hearing not to bend at the waist....did you?? I was trying to do too much but I didnt lift anything heavy... hopefully its not serious. The weight loss was great at first but has been slow going this week.

I understand what you mean. I love pizza! My husband has been cooking whatever he wants while I'm on liquids. He had biscuits & gravy this morning. My mouth was watering as I drank my Protein shake. Last night we went to a banquet & it was difficult sticking to my Soup while everyone else was eating chicken, salad, cheese cake, and bread. I kept reminding myself that I will be able to eat real food soon & not to give up or give in. My husband said I wasn't missing much....that helped, too.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

And no, I wasn't told about bending over, but it does hurt on occasion when I do, so I have been very careful. I hope everything is ok.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I understand what you mean. I love pizza! My husband has been cooking whatever he wants while I'm on liquids. He had biscuits & gravy this morning. My mouth was watering as I drank my Protein shake. Last night we went to a banquet & it was difficult sticking to my Soup while everyone else was eating chicken' date=' salad, cheese cake, and bread. I kept reminding myself that I will be able to eat real food soon & not to give up or give in. My husband said I wasn't missing much....that helped, too.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy[/quote']

That would be so hard! Great will power!! My husband tried to make me turkey gravy since i'm on the blended stage. The "flavorless" Protein powder ruined the flavor lol i have to hold my nose to drink it.

We met my parents 1/2 way between us to take the kids to a dinosaur exhibit and I was trapped in the hotel room with everyone eating pizza last night!! I thought I was going to DIE. Or cry. Or both. It was terrible! :(

But I drank my stupid ?$*#ing shake and smiled, though my mouth was watering (literally) and I could've eaten 1/2 that damn pizza. {SIGH}

Damn, this is so hard y'all. :/

They didn't tell me not to bend at the waist, but I always try to bend with my knees it's the safer way. Take it easy for a few days you may have just pulled a muscle or something. Be careful and if it's not better in a couple days call your doc to follow-up.

I'm grateful I have had no "real" cravings. I've been working overnights at Panera making fresh bread, pastries & soufflés and wonder if they are any good, but haven't even wanted to try it. There are a few foods that I am like I can't wait to eat, but not that I feel I have to have. I do enjoy cooking meals for my family though and letting them eat the food I can't have. The sight of food doesn't bother me I am truly focused on losing almost 100 lbs. This is my second chance and I am fully committed.

We met my parents 1/2 way between us to take the kids to a dinosaur exhibit and I was trapped in the hotel room with everyone eating pizza last night!! I thought I was going to DIE. Or cry. Or both. It was terrible! :(

But I drank my stupid ?$*#ing shake and smiled, though my mouth was watering (literally) and I could've eaten 1/2 that damn pizza. {SIGH}

Damn, this is so hard y'all. :/

I'm sorry this is so hard for you. Are you actually hungry? I only ask because with this surgery they are supposed to cut the nerve in your stomach that tells your brain you are hungry so you shouldn't have that feeling anymore. I seen in your other post you had hot sauce that makes me hopeful that i will be able to eat spicy food because I love it. Hope it gets easier for you.

I'm sorry this is so hard for you. Are you actually hungry? I only ask because with this surgery they are supposed to cut the nerve in your stomach that tells your brain you are hungry so you shouldn't have that feeling anymore. I seen in your other post you had hot sauce that makes me hopeful that i will be able to eat spicy food because I love it. Hope it gets easier for you.

No, I don't think I was truly hungry, but I find that smelling foods that I "like" triggers head hunger for me. Also, there's the social aspect of everyone eating but me. It's weird. I wanted the taste if that salty, meaty pizza, but I also knew that I'd never do it!

I know this will be a struggle and if it was easy, I wouldn't be fat in the first place!! HA!

I'm going to do it, but I also know it's going to SUCK eggs sometimes!

Guess what 15thers?!?!

I can wear my engagement ring again!! What what!!! :D

My very 1st NSV!! Yay me!

Mine is mental too not actual hunger. I dont go to the movies because I crave nachos w jalopenos. I was an emotional eater so when I think of eating pizza I think of feeling happy and relaxed...so whenever I want to feel that way I think about eating pizza.< /p>

And congrats on your engagement ring fitting! I went down a pant size Friday woohoo! Been at the same weight for three days though ...

Yes i love this site it so truthful i was da same way when i first got my surgery i was always hungry nd kinda still da way. Yes da commercials nd all he sugar free stuff was killin me lol..... but i made it through

MaryLynn

Back at work today. Boy I sure got spoiled not wearing a bra!! LOL

Feeling a little shaky, but pretty good overall.

How's everyone today?

I'm back to work today, too. Agree that I'm a little shaky as well, but think I'll be able to make it the whole day. My incisions (or, rather, internal stitches) are talking to me today. They weren't happy with my hilly walks yesterday or having to endure the waistband of my pants today. LOL.