Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct. 15, 2012 Sleeve Date

I told my girlfriend yesterday that if I EVER hear someone say that this surgery is fat people's easy way out, I WILL pinch them in the throat! ;)

*punch

I'm a little worried about myself today. I've been very nauseated and have been able to get in only one bottle if Water (16.9 oz) and one Protein shake (8 oz) bc of it.

I feel exhausted and slept most of the day. All of this is new as I was feeling pretty good since surgery and have been getting in all of my fluids and Protein.

I feel drained and my large incision is once again really painful. No fever or shoulder pain. Anyone else?

I ordered some stuff online & it arrives tomorrow. I hope it tastes ok. I was told no fruit until week 8. It's interesting how different the programs can be. Today I'm going to try mixing my powder with greek yogurt' date=' milk, & some instant pudding mix. We'll see how that goes. I might just eat the yogurt, though.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy[/quote']

I pureed my bananas and strawberries and just asked my Dr too because I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong but you are right. Do what your Dr tells you to do. I didn't have any issues. I'm on soft food now and.can.start regular food at the end of next week. Good luck.to you!!!

I'm a little worried about myself today. I've been very nauseated and have been able to get in only one bottle if Water (16.9 oz) and one Protein shake (8 oz) bc of it.

I feel exhausted and slept most of the day. All of this is new as I was feeling pretty good since surgery and have been getting in all of my fluids and Protein.< /p>

I feel drained and my large incision is once again really painful. No fever or shoulder pain. Anyone else?

I was fairly nauseated today, too. I had to go to work today, and it took forever to get ready. Finally I got to work and I actually accomplished something.

After eating my yogurt for lunch, though, I felt nauseated. I tried to drink my Protein Drink, but I just couldn't force it down. At home I drank a little bit of milk (lactaid), and I felt better.

My doctor said that if I had the feeling that something was wrong, I should call him. I suggest calling your doctor's office in the morning and tell them what's going on. Maybe they'll have some suggestions or they can get you in before your appointment next week to look at your incision. That's my advice. Keep is posted.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Had my 1st BM this morning YAY! I was starting to worry.

Who knew we would be so happy for a BM. I did today and was doing the happy dance! Lol

It's SO strange for me to not "go" every day! :o

I feel exhausted and slept most of the day. All of this is new as I was feeling pretty good since surgery and have been getting in all of my fluids and Protein.< /p>

That's how i feel today. I took off work early and heading for a long nap.

Good for you! How are you getting your Protein in? I'm really struggling with that.

I just started working today so it's a little harder now, but I drink 2 of the cans of Pure Protein Frosty chocolate they have 35 grams each and then I have some chicken broth at night. I sip on protein & Water all day. I started working today and got one shake in on my drive to work almost an hour and now that I'm off will drink another one. Just enjoyed some chicken broth. My doctor makes us do 2-3 weeks clear liquid I can't wait for sugar free pudding LOL the Jello I can only eat a tablespoon of then it feels weird. Nov 6th is my first follow up. I tried banana creme muscle milk and it was disgusting and only 25g of protein.

I'm not too fond of muscle milk either.. I ordered some Protein powder online called Isopure and its a lot better. Once u get to pureed bananas are good in them too. I use soy vanilla lite of course and its not too bad. I've even used frozen bananas and strawberries. It's like a smoothie.

I would recommend almond milk because I have heard soy isn't good for you because of GMO's and the vanilla is delicious and depending on the brand low sugar :*)

I just started working today so it's a little harder now' date=' but I drink 2 of the cans of Pure Protein Frosty chocolate they have 35 grams each and then I have some chicken broth at night. I sip on Protein & Water all day. I started working today and got one shake in on my drive to work almost an hour and now that I'm off will drink another one. Just enjoyed some chicken broth. My doctor makes us do 2-3 weeks clear liquid I can't wait for sugar free pudding LOL the Jello I can only eat a tablespoon of then it feels weird. Nov 6th is my first follow up. I tried banana creme muscle milk and it was disgusting and only 25g of protein.[/quote']

My NUT said that only whey protein isolate is appropriate at this stage. Pure Protein shakes are from concentrate so you can be sure you'll really getting the real deal. Did your NUT say whey protein isolate?

I had my surgery on 10/15. I feel great today and feel better than I have in the last 10 years. No pain or nausea and can keep everything down. I haven't had any hunger pains since the operation. Down 29 lbs to include the pre-op diet. Wore a suit today that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years. Having problems getting all of my Water in but I can drink a 32oz G2 and usually knock down 2 EAS Carb Control drinks.< /p>

My NUT said that only whey Protein isolate is appropriate at this stage. Pure Protein shakes are from concentrate so you can be sure you'll really getting the real deal. Did your NUT say whey protein isolate?

My doctor gave me a list of high protein low sugar shakes and that was on it. They also suggest Nestle optisource with 24g of protein that's what the hospital uses. I think that since we do a clear liquid diet for 3 weeks they want us having lots of protein. I buy the already made cans so they better have 35g of protein ;*) My sister had bypass and uses the strawberry whey. I like the cans for while on the go. I'm going to get the strawberry & coffee nestle if I can find it for when I am home and mix it with almond milk.

I would recommend almond milk because I have heard soy isn't good for you because of GMO's and the vanilla is delicious and depending on the brand low sugar :*)

Yes, I'm a cancer survivor & my doctor recommended that I avoid large quantities of soy. Some is ok & the more natural the state, the better (like edemame). I look at every label. If soy is one of the first five ingredients, I won't eat it.

So, I went back to work & things are going really well. I can't yet work a full day, but I keep my Protein shake & Water by my side and drink as often as possible. I didn't get everything in because I was distracted with work, but I was just glad to have energy. I think I'll try to set a timer to remind me to drink. I did that math & to get in all of the Water & the Protein Shake, I have to drink 3 oz. every hour.That doesn't sound like a lot, but when you consider my stomach only holds 1-2 oz. right now, then it's a lot.

I also discovered today that my system does not like Chobani yogurt. That made me sad because I usually love it. I'll try again next week, but for now, I'm staying away from it. I have done ok with 4 oz. of strained egg drop Soup.

Have a great Friday everyone!