Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Protein Bars Worth Trying?

Quest bars are great. I have also tried the Metra Genix and Pure Protein brands and they are awful. Wish I could just make my own!

I ordered some Quest Bars and they are amazing! Going to try a few more types when I run out of these. Thanks, everyone!

If you email the maker of Quest Bars, they will send you a sample for free!!

If you email the maker of Quest Bars' date=' they will send you a sample for free!![/quote']

Seriously? That's mega cool. I'll try it.

Quest bars are my favorite. They have great Protein and low carbs. And yummy!

Hi! Can you tell me how the carbs are? Thanks!

Power Bar Recovery, Cookies & cream..Yummy! Great if your working with weights. 12 grams Protein, 250 calories, and 19 grams of sugar.

I'd like to chime in here for a minute and answer the origional question. The answer is NO. Protein Bars should never become a regular part of your diet. They contain way too many calories for the amount of Protein they offer. Basicly all they are is candy bars with Protein Powder added, and tge better they taste the worse they are(my experience).

All that being said I do keep a couple handy. If I've got a busy day and won't have time to stop & eat I'll eat one. This is the exception not the rule.

My recommendation is the Premier Nutrition protein bars. I get them at Sam's Club. They have 30g protein and 270cal. I recommend only eating 1/2bar at a time.

My nut recommended Pure Protien's bars and Luna Bars. I like them both a lot, but tend to like the Luna bars the best.

I'd like to chime in here for a minute and answer the origional question. The answer is NO. Protein bars should never become a regular part of your diet. They contain way too many calories for the amount of Protein they offer. Basicly all they are is candy bars with protein powder added' date=' and tge better they taste the worse they are(my experience).

All that being said I do keep a couple handy. If I've got a busy day and won't have time to stop & eat I'll eat one. This is the exception not the rule.

My recommendation is the Premier Nutrition protein bars. I get them at Sam's Club. They have 30g protein and 270cal. I recommend only eating 1/2bar at a time.[/quote']

I totally understand. I'm not going to live off the things. I just have a hectic life sometimes and need something to eat on the go. I think in the three months since I had surgery I've eaten a total of 2 protein bars.

I totally understand. I'm not going to live off the things. I just have a hectic life sometimes and need something to eat on the go. I think in the three months since I had surgery I've eaten a total of 2 Protein bars.

I love Quest bars and have eaten them nearly every day for over a year, never stopped me losing weight at all. They are definitely not candy bars and are full of good Protein and Prebiotic Fiber, and have like 4 net carbs per bar. They're yummy and filling and I couldn't have done without them sometimes!!

I anyhow disagree with the statement about all protein bars being like candy and thus not being part of one's diet -- that certainly doesn't apply equally to all protein bars, of course. That's like saying Protein shakes shouldn't be part of one's diet. Some should, some shouldn't -- but they are definitely not all bad. :) Find one you like, make sure the nutritional content is good, and then supplement meals with them as needed -- they are great to have on hand and on the go, for sure.

I anyhow disagree with the statement about all Protein bars being like candy and thus not being part of one's diet -- that certainly doesn't apply equally to all Protein bars' date=' of course. That's like saying protein shakes shouldn't be part of one's diet. Some should, some shouldn't -- but they are definitely not all bad. :) [/quote']

I am completely open to changing my opinion. I spend a lot of time & money researching & trying different protein bars & shakes amongst other things. If you have found a bar (or any protein supplement) that has no more than 10 calories per 1g of protein & uses a quality protein source please PM me its name & where I can order it from. I'd love to try it.

I am completely open to changing my opinion. I spend a lot of time & money researching & trying different Protein bars & shakes amongst other things. If you have found a bar (or any Protein supplement) that has no more than 10 calories per 1g of protein & uses a quality protein source please PM me its name & where I can order it from. I'd love to try it.

I've already stated I like the Quest bars -- they're the only ones I use. They use whey protein I believe, and a Prebiotic Fiber that I researched at some point, but no longer recall all the details. I only like the "original" line, which uses sucralose as a sweetener; they also have a newer line that uses erythritol I think?, which is a sugar alcohol and these generally don't agree with my system (though the one they use is meant to be the least irritating) and I find them unpleasantly sweet in a sickening way. I don't know the calories per protein grams, though I think they have about 20g of protein per bar and roughly 200 calories per bar (I'm not that fussed cos I don't count calories or protein grams, just try to eat a generally healthy and balanced diet).

Well, my research on the Quest line looks very promisining. I just ordered 2 sample packs. 1 original line, 1 all natural line. I really like that they have used stevia into their all natural line. Now I'm just hoping they taste nearly as good as they sound.

Well, my research on the Quest line looks very promisining. I just ordered 2 sample packs. 1 original line, 1 all natural line. I really like that they have used stevia into their all natural line. Now I'm just hoping they taste nearly as good as they sound.

I hope you like them! (I don't like stevia either, didn't realise that was also in the all-natural [i still think of them as the "new" ones LOL] line, so that also maybe explains why I didn't like them.) Amongst the originals, I do like all the flavors, though.