Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Think I Will Look Ok?

I have never bee thin (since maybe 2nd grade). I think that my face looks okay right now but I can literally not IMAGINE what I will look like at a normal weight. Do you think I will be pretty? I feel like a loser for posting this.. But all o a sudden I'm realizing that I may look completely different.. And maybe not in a good way? November 12 is soooo close and I'm scared.

post-57110-13838396261727_thumb.png

post-34241-13813660351485_thumb.jpg

I have never bee thin (since maybe 2nd grade). I think that my face looks okay right now but I can literally not IMAGINE what I will look like at a normal weight. Do you think I will be pretty? I feel like a loser for posting this.. But all o a sudden I'm realizing that I may look completely different.. And maybe not in a good way? November 12 is soooo close and I'm scared.

post-34241-13813660351485_thumb.jpg

of course you will ... you are now and will be and always be...BEAUTIFUL......dont let anyone including yourself tell you different !

I feel ya. I've never been thin, literally not since I was age 5 or 6. I was obese by age 7 and onward so I have a very hard time imagining what I'll look like thin- especially my face. But we will look like ourselves- only different versions of ourselves. Your beautiful now and will be beautiful after!

Don't worry....you will look wonderful and better yet...you will feel wonderful and be healthier. That in itself will give you the overall positive confidence you need. Love yourself, love life. Congrats on getting your date and good luck!

You will be gorgeous!! You are gorgeous already and that beautiful smile of yours will be even more beautiful.

No worries!!!

I think that you will actually be quite lovely. You have a beautiful smile and very pretty eyes. When you are thinner those two assets will not go away, they will actually become even more visiable-especially your eyes. So, yes I think you will be a very attractive-perhaps even startling so- woman. Do not feel like a loser for asking this question. This is a dramatic life change and during this change our body image can get royally screwed up. Although I have not been sleeved, I did one time lose 125lbs (from a 26-28 to a tight 12)and remember the whole body image thing being pretty intense- I found out that I actually look like my mother and not my father!

No worries-you will be beautiful!

Michelle

You will look FABULOUS girl!! You got this!

I understand your thought process. I have not been thin but was smaller than I am now and was fairly shapely...with a smaller waist and flat abdomen. My concern is that I will not even look like I did when I had the small waist. I know how I would like to look, so secretly I have been having those thoughts. I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

coming from someone that was extremely self consious, i wasn't prepared for all the comments. it made me uncomfortable knowing everyone was looking at me when i was so used to going unnoticed. i still have a difficult time accepting compliments. i definitely have body dismorphia. i don't see a skinny me when i look in the mirror... so much so that i made myself lose too much weight and looked anorexic which brought on even more looks and comments. right now, i'm comfortable with who i am. i like my picture taken more now. i feel happier. i just still see the fat me looking back.

Thank all of you so much! I just needed to know that I wasn't the only one that was scared of how the change will make them look! Glad j found this forum!

oh man, your date is coming up so soon! You're going to look amazing! good luck!

I feel ya. I've never been thin, literally not since I was age 5 or 6. I was obese by age 7 and onward so I have a very hard time imagining what I'll look like thin- especially my face. But we will look like ourselves- only different versions of ourselves. Your beautiful now and will be beautiful after!

You are NOT a loser for posting that!

I've lost over 150lbs and I look very very different.

I'm 18 months post op and I'm still dealing with and trying to adjust to the changes. Not only do I look very different but people treat me very differently as well.

It seems like something that doesn't get talked about as much... but its good to try and prepare for these changes. Its not easy. (Still worth it... but not easy!)

Wow I thought I was the only 1 thinking this I wonder what I will look like to

I didn't worry about all that too much preop, but now that I am living it, I do think of it. When I look in the mirror, I am not comfortable entirely with my looks. Lots of issues, but one of them is that my face doesn't look pretty. Well, it didn't look pretty at 300# either!!! but I guess I was at some level looking for the face I had when I was a hot 22 year old...lol

I have gotten so many compliments on my looks (just not from hubby!) and the ones that stuck with me were about my face - about how I look just happy and gleaming. I guess that we can be our own harshest critics. Beauty is often more then a facial feature, or perfect skin or whatever, alot of beauty is the energy you radiate. People are attracted to happy healthy faces even if they aren't perfect.