Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snacking Tips

I'm a nursing student so I need some tips on high Protein Snacks on the go. It's hard for me to bring chicken breast or high protein meats to class and clnical. Does anyone have any tips on what to eat on the go to feel full? I am still on soft foods but am tolerating crackers. I have been eating wheat thins to increase my Fiber intake, but they aren't too great for protein.

I'm a nursing student so I need some tips on high Protein Snacks on the go. It's hard for me to bring chicken breast or high Protein meats to class and clnical. Does anyone have any tips on what to eat on the go to feel full? I am still on soft foods but am tolerating crackers. I have been eating wheat thins to increase my fiber intake' date=' but they aren't too great for protein.[/quote']

Light babybell or cheese strings? What about tuna Snacks. The cloverleaf ones I buy are 18gms of protein and very small. Just mix a little mayo in there. What about Isopure? Or shakes?

Love them babybell cheeses and the string cheese.

I also do the Trader Joe's jerkey. Any and all varieties.

Big fan of the RTD Premier Protein shakes, costco, Sams.

Kay Naturals make Protein Snacks that are pretty good. You can buy them online or at Walgreens. My favorite are the pretzels. They have 12-15 grams of protein in them. If you crave salty snacks, these would be better than wheat thins! Chese is good, as are Protein Bars and shakes. Just watch the carbs! Good luck!

I love jerk, easy to carry around.

I love jerk, easy to carry around.

Meant jerky:)

Thank you! What kind of Protein Shakes do you all use? I've been researching all these different kinds, but would appreciate some tips on what works best post-op.

Thank you! What kind of Protein shakes do you all use? I've been researching all these different kinds' date=' but would appreciate some tips on what works best post-op.[/quote']

Think thin bars are wonderful! 20 grams of Protein & no sugar low carb!! My fav is chunky Peanut Butter. I like them cold

Quest Protein Bars are my true love LOL. And Jerky and little cheeses like Babybels are also awesome.

I'm an RN so I feel your pain. My favorite Snacks are beef or turkey jerkey, nuts (usually almonds), Protein bars (Quest are my favorite), crystal light and light string cheese sticks or baby bel cheese. I toss the stuff that needs cooling in an insulated lunch sack with a small freezer pack and the rest in my bag.

Good luck!

I like the BariWise fruit juices and the strawberry banana Protein shake. They all have 15 grams of Protein and taste great. The strawberry banana one even has pieces of strawberry in it. The peach mango fruit drink is my favorite, but they are all good.

I rely a lot on babybel and string cheeses as well as Jerky. They are great for when I'm on the go. I can also buy Muscle Milk protein shakes from most gas stations.

Dannon greek yogurt with fruit. 12-14 grams Protein and less than 10 grams sugar. The other greek yogurts and too high in sugar