Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Ok, I'm having a little freak out today. I had surgery last Monday (the 15th). I'm sipping, sipping, sipping like crazy on both flavored water and Protein Shakes. But starting yesterday afternoon, I'm SO HUNGRY.

I've heard almost everyone else say they have NO appetite at this point and I'm panicking.

Any advice at all?! :'(

Ok' date=' I'm having a little freak out today. I had surgery last Monday (the 15th). I'm sipping, sipping, sipping like crazy on both flavored water and Protein Shakes. But starting yesterday afternoon, I'm SO HUNGRY.

I've heard almost everyone else say they have NO appetite at this point and I'm panicking.

Any advice at all?! :'([/quote']

Don't feel bad I have 8 days post-op and I feel the same way with so much hungry!!! I eat today two crackers I feel bad and scare because I don't want to cause any problem to my stomach!!!

Hello everyone I was sleeved on 10/17 I just got home from the hospital feeling great no gas pains at all I can already tell its going to be hard to get the amount of liquids I need to get in but glad I'm post op and joining the loser bench.

Hey y'all! Finally made it to the loser's bench! 10/15 surgery was textbook & recovery has been very smooth. I sure hope that it continues this nicely. I am constantly amused by the gurgling going on in my abdomen, my navel incision is still a bit sore, and my middle back is not very happy with me right now, but other than those things I don't have many complaints ;-)

Hey Susan, I was looking for you. Glad things are going well. I had the same back pain after surgery, They said from laying on the hard table for surgery. Moved over to full liquids yesterday and had my first heartburn but it is so nice to have something other than broth and clear Liquid Protein. So, what are you doing, clear liquid, full liquid?

Hi guys, been kind of quiet. Things are ok. Started mushies this week. First time I ate too fast, had awful belly pain,, so it is a learning curve, eating slow, tiny bites, chew, chew chew. I was pretty upset, I was stalled a week out for 8 days. scale went down 2 pounds today. Down 13 pounds since 10/3. Seems a lot slower than others...yeah, I l know, we all lose at our own pace...but still, I wish it would be more. Anyways, congrats to all my octosleevers!!! I am proud of all of us.

Done Did It!

The eating slow thing is tough! I thought I was having my Soup slow last night but ended up with heartburn so I gotta slow down even more. It's bad enough the bites are teeny tiny but then to have to wait so long to get the next "bite" is a bit frustrating. Keep it up, you're getting there!

I know, I know! Every day I feel better and better-I kind of forgot about my sleeve and took a normal size sip of strained cream soup-it felt very strange! I could feel that it was too much (I'm 8 days post-op today so I guess my stomach is still swollen)-a heaviness in my chest. Could feel like I would vomit if I took a second sip of that quantity! I realized what I did and was amazed that too much Soup at once could feel so much like a 10 course meal!

Hey Susan' date=' I was looking for you. Glad things are going well. I had the same back pain after surgery, They said from laying on the hard table for surgery. Moved over to full liquids yesterday and had my first heartburn but it is so nice to have something other than broth and clear liquid Protein. So, what are you doing, clear liquid, full liquid?[/quote']

Hey there, suejersey!

Thanks for thinking of me. Back pain is getting better. I've also switched from one recliner to another so that has helped some, too. I am definitely still at Clear Liquids, until next Friday when I can move to full liquids. That will be for 4 days & then can move to puréed. Can't wait for that! Egg salad here I come!!! Of course I'm only craving egg salad right now because my parents made it today for their dinner...

Yay Susan! Good to have u on this side of the line. Wishing u a speedy recovery. U will feel much better in a few days :)

Thanks SkinnyMinnie2Be! Yes, I can already tell a difference from yesterday to today. I know the walking (10 minutes here, 10 minutes there) is helping as well, thank goodness!

I have been waiting for you to post! I'm so glad to hear your doing well! I have the gurgling too but not so much- I'm hoping it goes away before

I go back to work next week! Looking forward to our future positive progress!!

Hey Susan0178!

The gurgling actually seems to have subsided more today. Yesterday was a laugh riot! I could just picture me sitting in my office with my stomach doing flips & my co-worker in the next office over saying "What kind of animal did you have implanted in you???" ;-)

Every surgeon is very different and Im happy mine doesnt do puree!!

I wish mine didn't. I'm desperate to get onto soft foods! I'm craving a piece of fish and I don't even like fish!

I am almost 3 weeks post op (Oct 1 surgery) and I have been feeling really great up until these last few days. Looking over recent posts, I realize I am probably low on the VitD, as well. Guess I better start that up again! I am in Montana, and during this time of year, natural VitD is a little hard to come by... haha!

I went to the clinic for a non-WLS related visit today. 70 pounds down, on the dot, since I started my liquid diet about 40 days ago. It is so crazy because I still see myself as a fat chick. Others around me have been very positive in their feedback. We shall see if I can get into the right frame of mind to recognize the differences. :)

I am pretty excited to go back to work, as weird as that sounds. I am ready to get out of the house! :) Plus, I have a puppy on the way home to me tonight. I am pretty excited to have a walking buddy.

I hope everyone here has a fantastic weekend. :) You are all fabulous!!

I am a 15th'er. 4 days out now. Immediately after surgery and through the next day was not a walk in the park, but I survived. I found out that I am extra sensitive to Morphine which is the drip they had me on. Made me VERY weird. REALLY out of it and just feeling out of sorts. I would be in pain and push the button, the have to sit up with a basin swallowing hard trying not to vomit for about 5 minutes. Then the nausea would stop finally, and the pain would ease, but it just kept me "weird". My gas was right at my diaphragm, which made swallowing challenging, but I managed and I walked the halls about 3 times on Monday, once on Tuesday. Tuesday I just paced my room mostly, and slept. They brought me lime Jello, which I hate the flavor, some chicken broth, which smelled burnt (and I still can't figure that one out) and some 50/50 water/apple juice...ding, ding, ding....that was the winner. They said I had to get 2 medicine cups worth of any of them down within one hour and I could leave. Took me 1/2 hour ;) Called the nurse, they called for a wheelchair. Once I was home, I took the liquid Lortab and did SOOOOO much better. I walked laps around the inside of the house The "weird" wore off quickly and I started to feel MUCH better. Gas pains still at my diaphragm made it challenging to swallow, and Wednesday I didn't quite get all of the liquids in, though I did get my Protein, Vitamins and meds in. Yesterday was MUCH better still...gas pains subsided and I am now getting all liquids, protein, vitamins and meds in. Belly is tender and bloated, and VERY itchy at the 5 incisions! But I am quite pleased and doing well now. :)

Surgery was Monday the 15th and I have 6 incisions. The largest one (mid-stomach, under my right boob), is painful and had lots of swelling around it. My doc explained that that is the incision through which my "excess" stomach was removed and that's why it's bigger.

There's no redness or oozing, and it's not particularly warm, but it's really hurting, especially getting up/down from sitting or lying down.

Anyone else experiencing or experienced something similar? Is this normal? Should I put heat or ice on it or just leave it alone?

Surgery was Monday the 15th and I have 6 incisions. The largest one (mid-stomach' date=' under my right boob), is painful and had lots of swelling around it. My doc explained that that is the incision through which my "excess" stomach was removed and that's why it's bigger.

There's no redness or oozing, and it's not particularly warm, but it's really hurting, especially getting up/down from sitting or lying down.

Anyone else experiencing or experienced something similar? Is this normal? Should I put heat or ice on it or just leave it alone?[/quote']

I totally have had the extreme pain sitting up and getting up. We're just sore. The incisions sites are very tender...especially the large one. It's right where the muscle is. It's almost like the feeling of doing too many situps. It hurts. I was sleeved on the 15th and it has gotten easier each day. Still hurts though.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am a 15th'er. 4 days out now. Immediately after surgery and through the next day was not a walk in the park' date=' but I survived. I found out that I am extra sensitive to Morphine which is the drip they had me on. Made me VERY weird. REALLY out of it and just feeling out of sorts. I would be in pain and push the button, the have to sit up with a basin swallowing hard trying not to vomit for about 5 minutes. Then the nausea would stop finally, and the pain would ease, but it just kept me "weird". My gas was right at my diaphragm, which made swallowing challenging, but I managed and I walked the halls about 3 times on Monday, once on Tuesday. Tuesday I just paced my room mostly, and slept. They brought me lime Jello, which I hate the flavor, some chicken broth, which smelled burnt (and I still can't figure that one out) and some 50/50 water/apple juice...ding, ding, ding....that was the winner. They said I had to get 2 medicine cups worth of any of them down within one hour and I could leave. Took me 1/2 hour ;) Called the nurse, they called for a wheelchair. Once I was home, I took the liquid Lortab and did SOOOOO much better. I walked laps around the inside of the house The "weird" wore off quickly and I started to feel MUCH better. Gas pains still at my diaphragm made it challenging to swallow, and Wednesday I didn't quite get all of the liquids in, though I did get my Protein, Vitamins and meds in. Yesterday was MUCH better still...gas pains subsided and I am now getting all liquids, Protein, Vitamins and meds in. Belly is tender and bloated, and VERY itchy at the 5 incisions! But I am quite pleased and doing well now. :)[/quote']

Good to hear kmore. I was on the 15th too and I had trouble with the liquid Tylenol w/ codeine. Threw that up twice. They finally switched and put something in my IV for pain. It helped.