Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Houston Girl (joann) Welcome! I Got My Gauze Wet And Was Told To Remove The Gauze Only And Let The Little Tape Alone Until They Fall Off. Otherwise It Would Keep The Area Wet And That Would Not Be Good.

Jamie......i Will Be Getting My 1st Fill On The 11th, But If You Get Hungry In Three Hours, I Would Think That Would Be Ok If You Eat Something Healthy To Hold You Over Until Your Next Meal. Have You Been Eating Protein And Not Drinking W/your Meals? I'm Happy That You Are Having Some Restriction! I Hope I Have As Good A Fill As You!!!!

Diane

Jamie,

Now that I'm feeling more restriction, I'm eating less at meals too. Sometimes I do get hungry before my next meal and that's when I grab some nuts or a cheese stick. I think as long as you are choosing a healthy snack, hopefully with some Protein, it should be fine.

So I got my first fill on Tuesday Oct 2nd and weighed 373 at that time and this morning I weighed myself and I'm 367. YAY! The fill is working!!!

So I got my first fill on Tuesday Oct 2nd and weighed 373 at that time and this morning I weighed myself and I'm 367. YAY! The fill is working!!!

Great Job!!!! I also got my first fill on the 2nd. I weighed 217 at that time and today I weigh......212! The fill is definitely working here too.

Oh guys I really screwed up! I was on a plane yesterday including the airport and didn't eat for 7 hours, maybe 8. I was sooooo hungry. We picked up dinner and without realizing I must have just scarfed it down. I only ate about 8 oz. or less but I realize now that I must have swallowed most of the bites whole. I was soooo hungry.

The rest of the evening, everytime I swallowed and even still now, I felt a tight restriction in my throat. Now the location is sore and raw.

In the middle of the night, I woke up to some food unlodging, however the restriction in my throat is still there. I imagine I still have more food stuck. I have put myself on warm liquids only until my esophagus heals.

I thought I would share my experience so that others are more careful during long trips and don't put themselves in the position I put myself in.

Faybie,

That's a good reminder about not letting yourself get so hungry and probably it's a good idea to stick a band friendly snack in your bag when traveling. Travel is stressful enough without being crazy hungry!

I haven't tried it myself yet, but others have mentioned it's a good idea to visit the health foods store and keep a bottle of aloe juice and some papaya (?) enzyme around for when things get stuck in the esophagus and it gets traumatized. As soon as I have a better cash flow I intend to stock up.

Be kind to yourself for a day or two.

Jo Ann

Great Job!!!! I also got my first fill on the 2nd. I weighed 217 at that time and today I weigh......212! The fill is definitely working here too.

Mine's working too!!! Filled 10/2 at 267 and today I was 264.8!!! Yeah!!! Great job everyone!!!

I got something stuck last night, we had a bon fire and everyone was eating smores and I thought I'd have just one marshmellow, bad idea....It was stuck all night, never came back up but it was not pleasent, I sipped a cup of hot tea and went to bed, in the morning I felt better but I couldnt even eat a banana at 10am w/o feeling sick again, but dinner went down fine so I think I'm okay now but I will be staying away from marshmellows from now on!

Hey everyone! Looks like you guys are doing well. Most of you have had your fills already I have no idea when I'll be getting a fill, with everything thats happened to me my Dr doesnt want to rush into a fill. I haven't been losing much lately but I guess its not as important right now as me healing. I haven't been feeling as much restriction now as I was. I still have been trying to stick to my Dr's diet orders. He said it's going to take me about a month more to heal from my infection. I have been going to the Dr everyday to have my opened wound unpacked and repacked and boy do I hate it. It's very uncomfortable and sometimes very painful so I want it to be over. He did give me good news today...I can go on my vacation to florida on the 21st YEAH!!! But I have to be really careful no swimming, no rides and I have to take it easy. Well hopefully soon I'll be back to the same pace as you all, I feel like I've fallen so behind the rest of you. Keep up the good work and Congrats to all your weight losses!!!

pebbles, take care of yourself for sure. we'll be ready with support when you get that first fill!

faybie, sorry to hear about the stuckness. I et with liquids you'll be back to normal in a snap.

I had a wee bit o' the golfball at lunch today. I was eating a little bit fast and a little too much and it was like "BAM" and I immediately put the fork down. It subsided pretty quickly. But i twas really the first time I had a strong painful sign that said "STOP!" I'm learning that there is a delay (duh) and I need to stop eating even if it feels like it hasn't been much food or much time. Usually, if I can just wait a few minutes it all catches up.

I was on liquids all day today and mushy mac and cheese for dinner (1/4th of a serving left over from my 2 yr old). I am still stuck and it hurts with every swallow.

I drank hot tea all day and had hot Soup for Breakfast and lunch. I would say it feels a "fraction" better and thats it. I will see how it goes tomorrow. If it doesn't get better soon, I will become very worried.

Pebbles, I haven't had my fill yet either.

For everyone who has had their fill and is resuming weight loss, Congratulations!! That is great news to hear!

Aww Faybie I hope you feel better. Do you think its how fast you ate or do you feel like it could be what you ate. Everyone's diets are so different, I'm not allowed to have Pasta, rice, red meat, potatoes, Beans, peas, corn and any junk food what-so-ever. Some of these things I'm not sure if its because its not healthy or its not good for the band. Like the red meat, pasta, rice , bread my dr says is because its not good for the band.

Hi I was banded on August 7 and I haven't lost weight like you all. I'm down 25 pounds since preop.Are you all drinking protien shakes all the time? I'm older with bad arthritis so exercise is minnamal. Now I feel like the failure of the group. <pout> I have had 1 fill on Sept 11. I'm just now starting to feel it. Is this common for such a delayed reaction? Well fill #2 is this Wednesday and now I'm nervous about getting sick.. ..all isn't bad I'm wearing smaller clothes.....I'm shopping in my closet..<wink> to bad I got rid of my size 8 clothes a couple of years ago...lol...if I beome a size 8 again I want all new.......hell I will deserve it....

Banded by Dr Fielding NYU Aug 7 2006

I will never figure out the tickler