Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Oh spunkywoman! I am so sorry to hear this. My brother in law just fought melanoma and won for now.

REmember to deal and talk about your feelings not only with him but with a friend. My sister called almost daily upset, angry etc. If you talk about it you wont EAT it. Gaining now would just be an added stress.

Good luck! Our prayers are with you.

I've been kind of unhappy with the slower pace of my weight loss (25 lbs) but I tried on a brand new pants suit that I've had in the closet for about 4 years, size 20. (I don't know why I bought it, I could never even begin to get into it.) (I was a 24-26 before the surgery)

Anyway, I put the pants on, zipped 'em up and put the jacket on and buttoned it. The pants are still a little bit too tight for comfort -- but I'll be wearing that sucker in a couple of weeks.

(But now I'm thinking I should sell it on EBAY because it probably won't fit for long.)

And my husband patted me on the knee and said OH MY GOD YOU ARE REALLY LOSING WEIGHT!

GEMom,

Grats on the NSV that is awesome!!!!!! It doesn't matter how many pounds or how slow you take them off if you are 2 sizes down....that is what counts! not to mention how you feel and the compliments from your husband! whoooo hooooo.....awesome!

Spunky,

My thoughts go out to you with your new life and family challange. I am a 2x cancer survivor myself, so I know how stressful this life challange can be. My husband and mother are the reason I am here today, not my treatments from MD Anderson or my Oncologists'. Since my recovery, food "had" been my comfort as I realized how fortunate I was to be alive. Now, I have many comforts, LBT and ABC being two of them. Please come here and vent or send me personal PMs if you need to bend an understanding ear. We are here for you!! :wacko:

Hello ABC's,

I've been reading, but I haven't had time to write. I still have little restriction and its been a few weeks since my fill. I don't know how I am managing to lose weight, as I am still able to eat pretty much anything (not bragging). I know I am eating too much and I am too broke to schedule my next fill.

Pebbles I had very similar problems after my hystrectomy. I was alone too when the Fluid came flooding out of my incision. I also had to endure going in and having the incision "scrubbed". I know how it feels and I am sorry Peb. The good news is it will heal and its better you found out before it got worse.

Rojo, how ya doing since your fill? Are you feeling it?

My buddy is loaning me a treadmill, I just have to borrow the truck and go pick it up. I am ready to start excercising regularly and with my knees I think walking will be a good place to start. Wow Faybie, over 1000 lbs, we kick ass! Add three more for me.

Hi everyone!

Well, I bought a new digital scale 2 weeks ago and today I got on it for the first time. Let me explain... I was banded 8 weeks ago this coming Friday and I weighed before surgery and I was 200 pounds and I am 5'6". I have been keeping track of my weight loss on that scale all this time. I have been getting on the doctor's scale backwards as to not see the difference in the scales. But the doctor did confirm that I had lost 20 pounds as of 2 weeks ago. Good right? Right? That is what my scale at home said as well. So this new scale I bought also reads your BMI and since I don't weigh myself but every 2 weeks that is why I hadn't weighed on it yet. OK... I weighed on the old scale 178! Down 22 pounds so far. I only lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks after working out like crazy every day and following the eating plan perfectly. I don't know what possessed me to weigh myself on the new scale but I did. It read 186! An 8 pound difference! I called my doctor's office to get my weight from them and compare which scale is actually acurate. They confirmed my weight on surgery date was 208 not 200! Though both scales detected a 22 pound loss it puts my weight loss goal 8 more pounds away. I know I should be focusing on the victorious weight loss of 22 pounds in just 8 shorts weeks but I just needed to vent about my discouraging day. Being at 185 and 5'6" put me in the overweight category and out of the "obese" one. Now the reality of 186 and the "obese" label is taking its toll. Not to mention that only 2 pounds after all the hard work of working out every day in 2 weeks sucks to me! I was hoping for at least 4. Oh well, thanks for letting me share. Please don't think I'm stupid for being upset about this. I just hate that I saw the 170's so briefly and am now back in the 180's overnight! I'm going for my second fill tomorrow, so maybe that will help jump start the loss. I've had absolutely no restriction. Thanks for listening!

starting over

Faybie---hope you feel better soon and candy thanks for the encouragement i'm waitin for things to get better lol and congrats to ABC on our great weight loss keep it up

My food is unstuck..... I think.... I will know for sure when I sleep tonight. If so, it took more than 48 hours.

I go tomorrow for a barium swallow to make sure everything is ok. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you for the well wishes. =)

Yeah :clap2: Faybie Im crossin my fingers for ya I hope its unstuck good luck :wacko:

Jeez Faybie, you went through hell! I'm so glad to say, I've never had that experience. I just PB when I'm stuck.

Bug, my typical day has changed since my second fill.

breakfast ~ Carnation Instant Breakfast, no sugar added (as per my surgeon) Im too tight in the morning to eat anything.

lunch ~ 2 lowfat mozzarella cheese sticks, 2 slices of either deli ham or turkey.

dinner ~ ground beef or turkey in Tomato sauce, or turkey chili, or salmon fillet, or some other seafood. and a vegetable.

Snacks ~ a cheese stick or some peanuts, sometimes a banana with some Peanut Butter.< /span>

BTW, ABC rocks!! Over a thousand pounds!!!:clap2:

Starting Over,

I am a firm believer of using the scale that makes you feel good. I weighed myself on my own scale before surgery and continue to weigh myself on my own scale and frankly I use those numbers, so my goal weight will probably be 5 pounds or more heavier at the Dr.'s office then on my own scale. However, I know I will feel and look good at the number I chose for my home scale. IMO, If the old number makes you feel better the pack up the new scale and use the old one, for now.

Also, it makes sense that if you were working out you only lost two pounds. I bet if you had taken measurements you would see that you lost inches not pounds those two weeks.

My scale hasn't moved in about a month however my clothes are still getting more loose. So, start thinking of your NSV's when you get down about the number. Starting over, I bet you will see you have had quite a few!

Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement! You are the only one that has responded to my post. I weighed again this morning and was down a pound and a half since yesterday. So of course I was estactic! I just had my second fill today and will be on liquids for 5 days so hopefully that will help escalate the weight loss as well.

Thanks,

Starting Over

Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement! You are the only one that has responded to my post. I weighed again this morning and was down a pound and a half since yesterday. So of course I was estactic! I just had my second fill today and will be on liquids for 5 days so hopefully that will help escalate the weight loss as well.

Thanks,

Starting Over

I'm sure you'll see a huge difference after the fill. I really didn't start losing until my second fill.

startingOver said

I just had my second fill today and will be on liquids for 5 days so hopefully that will help escalate the weight loss as well.

I say

Hey me too! Nothing makes me hungrier than being told to only do liquids for a week.

There is a 6 pound difference between my dr's scale (higher, of course)and mine at home. I have to remember what I way where! I don't really care since my clothes are looser!

Hi everyone!

Well, I bought a new digital scale 2 weeks ago and today I got on it for the first time. Let me explain... I was banded 8 weeks ago this coming Friday and I weighed before surgery and I was 200 pounds and I am 5'6". I have been keeping track of my weight loss on that scale all this time. I have been getting on the doctor's scale backwards as to not see the difference in the scales. But the doctor did confirm that I had lost 20 pounds as of 2 weeks ago. Good right? Right? That is what my scale at home said as well. So this new scale I bought also reads your BMI and since I don't weigh myself but every 2 weeks that is why I hadn't weighed on it yet. OK... I weighed on the old scale 178! Down 22 pounds so far. I only lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks after working out like crazy every day and following the eating plan perfectly. I don't know what possessed me to weigh myself on the new scale but I did. It read 186! An 8 pound difference! I called my doctor's office to get my weight from them and compare which scale is actually acurate. They confirmed my weight on surgery date was 208 not 200! Though both scales detected a 22 pound loss it puts my weight loss goal 8 more pounds away. I know I should be focusing on the victorious weight loss of 22 pounds in just 8 shorts weeks but I just needed to vent about my discouraging day. Being at 185 and 5'6" put me in the overweight category and out of the "obese" one. Now the reality of 186 and the "obese" label is taking its toll. Not to mention that only 2 pounds after all the hard work of working out every day in 2 weeks sucks to me! I was hoping for at least 4. Oh well, thanks for letting me share. Please don't think I'm stupid for being upset about this. I just hate that I saw the 170's so briefly and am now back in the 180's overnight! I'm going for my second fill tomorrow, so maybe that will help jump start the loss. I've had absolutely no restriction. Thanks for listening!

starting over

I'm glad that I am in good company with several of our group. I had a fill on Sept. 11 and lost some weight since then. It's kind of interesting that now that my weight loss has stalled, more people are noticing that I have lost weight. It's strange. I am down almost 2 sizes, so even though I am still fighting to get to the 20 lb down mark, I have definitely seen a difference. Now, though, I am getting to the point where I can eat more than I should be able to and I can eat anything. That means it's time for a fill. The PA that did my first fill said that I would probably need 2-3 fills to get good restriction, so I am hoping this one will get me closer.

Overall, I am happy with the weight loss and even though it is slow, it is happening. I don't really want to drop weight like a bypass patient for many reasons. I do feel that I am going to be successful and keep it off.

Postive thinking!!!

Robin -- good luck with your knee surgery.

To all the ABC's -- thanks for sharing your experiences, good and challenging. It really helps to have the support from y'all.

Jessica