Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Well I can pretty much eat anything and my hunger is returning. The effects from the 1st fill only lasted about 3 weeks. I am scheduled to have my 2nd fill on October 16th.

I also found out today that I need knee surgery because of a torn meniscus. They also found arthritis in the knee. Luckily it is only a 15 minute procedure and I should be able to walk on it that day and be sore for about a week. I never had knee problems until July when I stepped on that eliptical stairmaster. I probably had the problem the whole time and my body was able to handle it. It cropped up when I became more active.

My goal for October is 6 pounds. I am hoping and praying for more but we will see. Wish me luck!

Well ladies, I am having my second fill already on the 11th. I only dropped 2 pounds in the last 5 weeks. I can eat as much as pre banding and still feel no restriction. I am not upset by it, as losing 20 pounds feels pretty awesome. I know it will come, just slow. Awesome job to those who have it melting off!

Hey ladies (any gents on this ABC list?)

Anyway, I totally blew my September goal of 10 lbs. The worst part is, I actually gained a few pounds. I'm going in tomorrow for my first fill. I really hope it helps! Right now I can eat as much as I could pre-band and that is NOT a good thing. Nothing gets stuck, I've had no PB, no vomitting...it's like I've never been banded, except for the scars of course.

I am having the worst problem with taking smaller bites, eating slower and, oh my, Water...I can't seem to stop drinking while I eat. I know it's going to be awful for me once I get a fill.

I was up about 7 lbs once I started back on mushies and solid foods. I was so excited to finally be able to eat again and since everything went down easily, well you know what I did.... But I am happy to say, that I stopped and looked at what I was doing to myself and realized that I paid a lot of money for this band to help me, but now I needed to help it - help me! So I'm back on my Protein drinks and Water, and high Protein foods and am happy to report, I've lost about 5 of the 7 lbs. I am so hoping the fill tomorrow will have an effect. I feel like nothing has every worked long term for me, so this has too!!!

My goal for Oct will be 10 lbs again and this time, I will work harder at getting there.

HI, I don't believe I have made my Sept goal but I did lose 7 lbs. I will have my first fill on the 11th. I also started to work out at Curves and between the two I hope to lose at least 10. Aim high!

Ladydi

Rlittman, I have had exactly the same experience! I apparently have a torn meniscus, probably caused by my increased walking. I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see if it heals on its own -- I am not up for more surgery, more pain, more time off work right at the moment. Darn it! And I've had to stop walking because of the knee. Does anyone have ideas on exercise I can do that doesn't hurt the knee?

I'm also not feeling any restriction, and I'm stuck on my weight loss. I didn't think it was going to be this difficult! I should get my second fill on October 18. Will that get me started again?

Well just figured I'd let you guys all know of my horrible luck....again. Well last night I was sitting in bed and all of sudden i was soaked all around my stomach so I looked and of course freaked out and called my mom's and had her come over. Well I had massive amounts of Fluid all over, it was coming from my incision she cleaned it and covered it well and several times thru the night i had to put towels over it and this morning I went to the Dr and yup I have an infection he sent me to my LB surgeon Dr Kwon who is the best, I was in so much pain again. Dr Kwon had to cut me open right in the office with only a shot to numb the area and then he had to pack the now open wound with sterile packing and now I have to have this done every day. He is trying to get me a home health aide to come to my house so I dont have to go to the dr everyday because I might need it changed 2 times a day . I also am supposed to be going to florida for vacation on Oct 21st and he said I might not be able to go, but we will take it one day at a time. He said this can take weeks to heal. :* ( I feel like I am having the worst luck here, I was doing so good and then one thing after another I cant take anymore I hope this is all over soon.

Awww Pebbles, Here are three quick hugs ;):D :girl_hug:

I'm so sorry to hear of your latest difficulty. It must have been freaky to look down and see and feel that you are leaking!

There is an old saying that "breakdowns" come before "breakthroughs." Then you must be heading for a humdinger of a breakthrough! :sick

We need to hold you in the light and in our prayers. I believe you will come through OK, and it will take some close monitoring for this part of it.

Don't give into despair...stay focused on your goal.

Jo Ann

thanks jahair i just feel like its never gonna get better i take one step forward and then i'm pushed 2 steps back. hopefully your right and i'll be having some better days ahead

Hi Pelorojo,

I felt no restriction and could eat a lot. Had only lost one lb in 3 weeks. I had a fill last monday 25th and have lost 7 lbs since then. I received 2 cc on my first fill and I have great restriction right now. Hang in there all will be fine when you get restriction.

I had my first fill today. I thought the poke wouldn't hurt so much...um, wrong! But I think my port is still a little sensitive. No biggie.

He put 1.5 in my 4cc band. He said he leaves the diet decisions up to patients. Meaning, no strict reccomendations on liquids or soft foods after a fill. I will stick with liquids for the evening just to play it safe.

Oh Pebbles, I'm so sorry! I had an infection in my incision after my second c-section and that leaking feeling is the worst. Hope you heal fast and can go on your vacation. Hang in there.

Thanks Pelorojo and Bug I truly appreciate your hugs and support.

Awwwwwww, Pebbles I am soooooo sorry, you are having the worst luck of us all. =(

I wish you the best and hope that you recover before your trip later this month.

Pebbles, I'm so sorry sweetie. You've had such a rough time as of late. But I'll tell you something...you're an incredibly strong woman and I know you have the respect and support of all of us at the ABC. Hang in there, it will get better.

Well, my second fill seems to have done it. I now know what restriction feels like. Oddly, my fill was last Friday yet today I felt really tight. I even had a hard time drinking Water. Two days ago I had restriction but not like this. My hubby took me out to dinner tonight for my birthday and I had broiled scallops. Figured that would be okay. I had a couple bites of onion Soup and one scallop and had to run to the bathroom to PB. After we left, we picked up my son at my mom's and Hubby had to stop the car so I could PB on the side of the road. And once more when I got home. HELLO!! 3 spoons of soup and 1 scallop!!! I don't think I'm too filled as this is the first day I felt like this. I'll have to see what happens over the next few days.

To those of you struggling with weight loss and even gains, remember that once you have some restriction in your band, you'll see a difference.

Cheers!! ABC!!